Ban evader?

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Server Owner

Ban evader?

Postby egglaf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 21:03

Hey all,

First for all people which I didn't wish Happy Newyear!, I would say to them: 'Happy Newyear!'

Well to get to the point of this topic. I think there is a particular danish guy who is evading his ban. The guy who was given a ban was called ++Thors Hammer++. I don't know the reason for his ban but he was banned by FlowerPower. It think this player may has incarnated from Walhalla as Odin. Except that this players have the same nation in common, I got other reasons for this suspicion.

As you may see. I got a little short chat with him on the 8th of January in 2011 on 00:10 PM. I was a bit 'tipsy' due to an one-man-late-night-whisky-try-out, and then I connected to PS1, curious as I am in that kind of status I ask him the following: Are you the famous Thors Hammer, as you can see on the image. As well you can see the rest and the end of the chat, which ended with the word "and" said by Odin.

Especially the last word of the conversation interested me, because you may possible can see it as a conformation.

And at last, both names refer to the Scandinavian mythology. The combination of this all seems a bit suspicious to me.

If my suspicion turns out to be unfounded. I will gladly offer my apologies.

May righteousnesses rule the world.

Egglaf

PS

http://wotan.prime-squadron.com/uploads ... e0321ddd8b
Last edited by egglaf on Sun Jan 09, 2011 22:55, edited 3 times in total.

Silver Star

Postby chimera » Sun Jan 09, 2011 21:16

I can't see the Image, could you upload it here?

Official Member

Re: Ban evader?

Postby deep » Sun Jan 09, 2011 21:21

Eglaf wrote:incarnated from Walhalla as Odin.

that must be it :P

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05

this doesn't proof nothing... sorry egglaf

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:07

It does proof nothing, but I guess his IP will. :)

Odin also suddenly plays at servers where Thors Hammer used to play, like dark-alchemy. And indeed the fact that the names are related in some way, makes it even more suspicious.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:59

I ve already checked both IP, completely different IP and location, so it will be hard to proof the link between them :wink: . Your post is not totaly useless cause i ve also checked logs and our new friend is not realy so gentle and quite as he can looks like in mainchat so will have to follow him more closely :wink:. Good initiative anyway, no matter the final result.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:51

Super nice post Egglaf. Thank you for taking the initiative to find out if this guy is banevading. I do think your screenshot is suspicious and I will have a talk with this fellow countryman one of these days and find out if it really is him.

Even though his IP is different, he could have a dynamic one or switched provider.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 15:38

FlowerPower wrote:this doesn't proof nothing... sorry egglaf

Lol. So it does proof something :wink:

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Jan 10, 2011 16:24

No it doesn't. It only makes it worth to search for proof ;) proof itself can't be discussable :)

Whisky you later.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 16:51

I am awere of it, that this all don't proof the ban evading. I was just joking about the accidental double denial of Flower :P

Cya @ Home

Spam Kid

Postby sjonge » Mon Jan 10, 2011 18:14

++Thors Hammer++ was banned? Excellent! I remember he used to TK and TB me for no apparent reason.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Jan 10, 2011 18:34

Eglaf wrote:I am awere of it, that this all don't proof the ban evading. I was just joking about the accidental double denial of Flower :P

Cya @ Home

Yes, sorry my english sucks and italian influenced me in that sentence (in italian a double denial is still a denial and not an affermation :P)

@Smadje: like Bow already said IP was already checked, I immediately asked for it when i saw this Odin popping out on server :D

@Sjonge: yeah he is banned on PS 1 since months and reason is... guess... :)

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 22:08

Odin is Thors, it is confirmed on Dark Alchemy

I would do the farewell to him once you spot him on servers cause I guess you won't see him anymore soon :)

Glad I could help :)
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Jan 26, 2011 23:51

Banned on PS1 , thanks for your infos guys :) .

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09

Good to hear :)
But actually where was the proof found? I asked it on DA and also there they didnt found any match in IP...
quoting deep:

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35

Smadje wrote:Good to hear :)
But actually where was the proof found? I asked it on DA and also there they didnt found any match in IP...

Confirmation was at 25.01. We have McGiver on board who built an awesome tool. 8)
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:23

Smadje wrote:Good to hear :)

My problem was the lack of IPs to compare, i only had one from his ban and another new dynamic one he was using on PS1. Despite of the similtude of provider,gameplay style and global behaviour (even if he was less aggressif, probably cause he knew that he was under our close surveillance), baning a player without strong proofs was contrary of our policy and the way we usualy act in such a case so i was waiting for more evidences or a chance to catch him. After been contacted by Shadow who confirmed me that IPs collected on Alchemy servers proof without any possible doubt that both dude was in fact same player, i was finaly able to ass ban our fugitive. Maybe a begining of kind of ET Interpol to track down and eliminate brainless tards from our communities :D .

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 17:56

Very nice that it has been solved.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011