Double Jump.

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Server High Admin

Double Jump.

Postby pompidom_23 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 17:47

Hello,

I feel annoyed that there are no double jumps on some maps of PS 5.
Like the map Supply Depot and Fuel Dump.
I love the double jumps. I know you dont' want double jump at Fuel dump because some people jump over the wall for clear the object. But if they do that sentence them by removing them from the server.This is the best solution I think. Instead of eliminating double jump.

I just wanted to say. I would like to double jump back on some maps :lol:

Tnx ;)

PS 5 <3 :)

Official Member

Postby Yoschi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 18:01

there is not always an admin so they do tj etc and not good for other players :-)

Server High Admin

Re: Double Jump.

Postby Betinho » Tue Jul 06, 2010 19:36

pompidom_23 wrote:Hello,

I feel annoyed that there are no double jumps on some maps of PS 5.
Like the map Supply Depot and Fuel Dump.
I love the double jumps. I know you dont' want double jump at Fuel dump because some people jump over the wall for clear the object. But if they do that sentence them by removing them from the server.This is the best solution I think. Instead of eliminating double jump.

I just wanted to say. I would like to double jump back on some maps :lol:

Tnx ;)

PS 5 <3 :)

i agree with your point, no double jump, no funny...most of players choice no quarter for his settings, and 1 of them is the double jump. I hope Sebbel can consider this and put double jump again in all maps :)
Note: trick jumpers for objetive, if are members online, they risk a kick / ban. If no admins around use xfire or go to spec and take demo.

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Jul 06, 2010 23:38

imo its not good idea to enable it. ye u can get them kicked or banned, but what do u prefer, a ruined fast map or no dj? the present is more important than the future, so the game quality is more important than his sentence after ruining it.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05

yes Pompi,idk,this is first time on PS5 that we have few maps with disabled DJ,we always had max 2 maps in rotation without DJ,so my guess is Sebbel acidently put few maps without DJ in rotation,no big deal,unless Sebbel saw me play latley and decided that Darky with his skills needs ET pro settings :)

If not,we can always change server owner :)

Talented Spammer

Postby mees » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35

People need to understand that double jump isn't only disabled becuase of the obj but for keeping the maps being played in a way they are supposed to. For instance supply depot - it's not meant to be able to jump over the walls, but to attack from the blown up parts from the wall. Double jump would make supply depot too one sided and easy for allies.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17

^^ yes. On supply depot the reason is to prevent people jumping over the walls. Anyway, this map isn't very big, so jump also should be small :>

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Jul 07, 2010 13:11

mees wrote:People need to understand that double jump isn't only disabled becuase of the obj but for keeping the maps being played in a way they are supposed to. For instance supply depot - it's not meant to be able to jump over the walls, but to attack from the blown up parts from the wall. Double jump would make supply depot too one sided and easy for allies.

Mees it is not important,i know what are u trying to say,you are right in one hand in second why always atacking team or in this case allies have to have a hard job,and defending or in this case axis can camp like they do???
Anyway on PS5 maps without DJ are there to prevent TJ(yes diamond i know,i mean for obj),some decided by vote,some by Sebbel.
DJ is one of the parts which makes PS5 as a server,and people as Kowi and Pompi and many others like it that way,so no need to change any settings on PS5.
On ps5 there are only few maps with DJ and only prob here is becuse now there are few in rotation.nothing else.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Wed Jul 07, 2010 13:24

I hope doublejump will be on soon again.

in the first place, ofcourse TJ for objective usage isn't allowed on PS servers, but as I said many times before: Don't punish the map, punish the rulebreaker :p

secondly, about or maps are made to use DJ, i think that is an useless discussion. I mean, if they really didn't want people to jump over some walls, they could make the walls much higher. I think that the map authors tested everything without DJ in first case. But after that they realised that you could also have a nice game with DJ on!

And I also think that doublejump brings some more speed into the game, it makes it less boring sometimes.

Doublejump @ PS#5? +1 ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Talented Spammer

Postby mees » Wed Jul 07, 2010 17:37

DaRkMaN wrote:
mees wrote:People need to understand that double jump isn't only disabled becuase of the obj but for keeping the maps being played in a way they are supposed to. For instance supply depot - it's not meant to be able to jump over the walls, but to attack from the blown up parts from the wall. Double jump would make supply depot too one sided and easy for allies.

Mees it is not important,i know what are u trying to say,you are right in one hand in second why always atacking team or in this case allies have to have a hard job,and defending or in this case axis can camp like they do???
Anyway on PS5 maps without DJ are there to prevent TJ(yes diamond i know,i mean for obj),some decided by vote,some by Sebbel.
DJ is one of the parts which makes PS5 as a server,and people as Kowi and Pompi and many others like it that way,so no need to change any settings on PS5.
On ps5 there are only few maps with DJ and only prob here is becuse now there are few in rotation.nothing else.

It's not a hard job attacking as an allie with all walls blown and a little brain, but it is redicilous to defend as an axis if allies can jump over the wall in billion ways and not even use the walls blown. But if you want to make this a funserver with people disconnecting as axis in supply (i have been there seen that done that), go ahead, just, it is better for the sake of equal gameplay to have DJ off in some maps.

The solution as I see it would be a new rule that points out not using doublejump in some specific places in maps.

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Wed Jul 07, 2010 18:30

Sebbel disable DJ in this 2 maps ...beacuse i to many ppl Banned ^^ (for tj obj)

so ...sebby care for your future in PS5 :lol:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Wed Jul 07, 2010 19:57

FALBIK wrote:Sebbel disable DJ in this 2 maps ...beacuse i to many ppl Banned ^^ (for tj obj)

so ...sebby care for your future in PS5 :lol:

In last months, i played often in ps5; most of regulars players are corrects and they dont break rules....they know rules; the best solution is asking to this regulars players what they think :) . Like i said in my last post, with double jump is more funny, the people play this game for fun, playing without doublejump you risk to lose players, trust me , we know the history about etpro servers here (or noquarter server with etpro settings) :wink:

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Jul 07, 2010 21:54

Lol Mees dont get pissed becuse of double jump and dont you worry abaout ps5 becuse Sebbel and Landser decided to reduce slots on ps5 2 or 3 moths ago,if that means anything to you,and abaout funserver,well PS5 is already fun server and i hope as long as i play on it it will stay fun server,becuse i play ET to have fun.
Those maps that dont have DJ are not new or for first time on PS5,it has been like that a long time,like i said alreday,for some maps without DJ players choose that way for some Sebbel,anyway it hasnt been until now any complaints becuse we had only max 2 per rotation and now i think 4 or 5 didnt count,with new rotation all will be ok and no need to make changes of anything.
Fuss over nothing.

Beti--players choice was for some maps,and well ps5 is not ps1 and still there are times when no members online,then more fighting abaout TJ then playing.

Talented Spammer

Postby mees » Wed Jul 07, 2010 22:46

I'm totally not pissed, I'm just explaining why there shouldn't be DJ on some maps and just wanted to propose my idea of how to fix it, that's all. Darkman, I barely get ever angry arguing over the internet, so dont come back to me always like i'm being psychotic. thanks.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Thu Jul 08, 2010 0:18

mees sry,missunderstood you.

But if you want to make this a funserver with people disconnecting as axis in supply (i have been there seen that done that), go ahead

This is why i got impression you are angry,becuse you here sound like somebody is trying to destroy server???
On PS5 nothing changed if we talk abaout maps in a long time,and i agree with you on DJ on some maps,i was the first one beging Sebbel to disable DJ on that Heliopad if you know map,but telling here we are makeing fun out of server thats a bit harsh dont you think?

Talented Spammer

Postby mees » Thu Jul 08, 2010 0:29

well, I'm not trying to make anybody or anything look bad, i just want what's best for the server. What i meant about people disconnecting is that i have seen it repeatedly in supply depot because of DJ. Allies don't disconnect with DJ not enabled, it's axis who disconnect when DJ is enabled. That makes the teams become unbalanced and also causes the server to loose a few peeps (don't take it as loosing regulars or as the server gets as quiet as ps2).

I want what's best for the server and i am not holding any grudge against anybody or anything.

Also I suppose removing some maps with DJ disabled would do good if there are too many maps with DJ disabled. Just, i hope DJ won't be enabled in all maps.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:46

davies wrote:Don't punish the map, punish the rulebreaker :p

lol, u need to eliminate the primary cause of all troubles. if a prisoner breaks out, u wont just put him back and give him more years, u will make the prison more secure.. :D thts how world works- thats how ps works 8)

davies wrote:secondly, about or maps are made to use DJ, i think that is an useless discussion. I mean, if they really didn't want people to jump over some walls, they could make the walls much higher. I think that the map authors tested everything without DJ in first case. But after that they realised that you could also have a nice game with DJ on!

u see, many maps are made for etpro= no DJ. etmain is probably the n1 mod where maps are tested- and it has no DJ. also there arent just 10 maps designed like this, there are like 120 :D.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57

Diamond wrote:
davies wrote:Don't punish the map, punish the rulebreaker :p

lol, u need to eliminate the primary cause of all troubles. if a prisoner breaks out, u wont just put him back and give him more years, u will make the prison more secure.. :D thts how world works- thats how ps works 8)

criminals are stealing things, people buy better alarm systems..
you think criminals will give up? naha.
they will find something else, just like rulebreakers.

People who use doublejump to build/repair/transmit/blow up an objective know how to play the game, atleast a bit. They know exactly what to do, and how they can do it in a certain map. Those people are not the one who download the game for the first time, they are regulars, maybe on PS-servers, maybe on other server. Regulars have to know the rules, in any case..
If they don't, you just have to punish.

People will think:
Hee, I broke trickjump rule on PS, and then they change the map just for me :').
So I can go TK now or smth.

better they say: Hee, i broke trickjump rule on PS, and now im gonna wright an unban request bla bla..

And I also think that it deserves a harder punishment. You're ruining the whole map for other players, but if people do a ''TK for fun'' they are ruining ''spawntime seconds''.
DJ for objective, and espacially ending the map stands close to cheaters. Not on the same line, but just a bit beneath it. As you also ruin the whole map for other players ;)

Amen. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 14:34

Yoschi wrote:there is not always an admin so they do tj etc and not good for other players :-)

Ok I'am with you.
But other players who know the rules (cause DJ for the object is prohibited) to use DjJ warn players that they can not do. If they still do, players who follow the rules and inform the admins they will have to take appropriate measures with those players. I think that new players first should read the rule book ;)

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Thu Jul 08, 2010 14:50

If the world was so perfect,we wouldnt even need admins,dont you think that Pomi?
Wait week or two and new rotation and everything will be fine.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 20:46

its only fueldump, warbell, supply depot where dj is disabled in the current rotation.
i agree mees and darkman both: those maps are bad for dj enabled and i dont like dj in these maps... and its a really easy way to prevent rulebreaking and give the gameplay more effort imo... (just btw said: the default setting in NQ is also DJ DISabled, so you cant say funmod is ruined without DJ)
well.. if dj disabled annoys you, then ask in map rotations for other maps, because for those 3 maps here i dont see a reason to enable it for ps5.

my opinion and the main question answered i guess... :)
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 20:58

DaRkMaN wrote:If the world was so perfect,we wouldnt even need admins,dont you think that Pomi?
Wait week or two and new rotation and everything will be fine.

OK, tnx ;)

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010