Airstrikes on paris bastille

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Gold Star

Airstrikes on paris bastille

Postby Greg » Mon May 31, 2010 21:50

Hi all
I think what airstrikes on Paris Bastille should not be allowed on the gate when axis gain the flag. In my logic is only one way from spawn and to objective.
I remember how long time ago one highadmin burned me for do it. Idn if something has changed?

...Sry for bad english :D

Cya in the game
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon May 31, 2010 22:17

I'm glad you did a topic about it, as I'm too lazy for it ^^

So imo, it should be NOT allowed, as you said, it's the only way from spawn to objective, so it's also like only spawnexit SK..

I hope an admin could open a poll/discussion for it in AF. :wink:

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon May 31, 2010 23:11

I need to correct ya guys here.
You are a bit right since it's the only obvious way to obj, true.
But there is also another way:
-covert opening the door up in the building besides the entrance.

imo should still be allowed, not because there is another way in, wich i admit is almost impossible to do. But because it's been like this for ages. Never were there any real complaints about it. Now people see this they might agree with you but it'll just make the map easier. It's a chaotic map, even when you are in the building.

so my advice would be to just watch your step when you exit spawn, and as long as airstrike and support fire won't hit people in spawn it should be allowed.

PS: support fire only takes 2 sec or 2 times 2 sec which would be total of 4 seconds you would have to wait.
Airstrike takes up to +- 20 seconds but you can walk through it, ive done it myself a hundred times (true sometimes you fail, just like with shooting at someone)

greetz

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon May 31, 2010 23:47

Deatheater wrote:-covert opening the door up in the building besides the entrance.

Go watch the door better and edit your post :D

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Tue Jun 01, 2010 0:41

Goku is right, doors can be opened only by axis. Allied coverts can't open them.

To be honest I support the idea. As far as this is the only way through airstrikes should be forbidden.

Gold Star

Postby Greg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:16

I think what the map is not just for coverts. The problem not exist when we have small teams, but when play 18-18 is frustrating. All time only bazookas, flames and airstrikes. Today in this map played only 2 medics in axis
I think what this gate is as spawnexit - 1 spawnexit. Just spawn is very large :O
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Gold Star

Postby Greg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:27

Moreover - if in Marakesh mines are forbidden under the palm, in front of allies spawn, that even more should be forbidden airstrike on Paris Bastille

Spam Kid

Postby faqir » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32

+1 for this

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24

Agree with that airstrikes and artillery should be forbidden on that place in Bastille. Something must be done.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby wuju » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:22

+1 :)

imo disable rifles

and adding some power to mortar in Goldrush would be perfect too :D

But now serious, i agree thats some kind of problem on that map,

but it will be hard to change it imo, we would have to change rulebook

for that map :) i cant see any good solution

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57

that gate isnt a spawnexit. this same thing happens in many maps (spamming the only route to obj with arti). so imo u just need to w8 and try to pass this "heavy rain" :D. what probably ticks ppl off, is that its so close to spawn. maybe some weapon restrictions could do it, maybe not..

Gold Star

Postby Greg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:20

and adding some power to mortar in Goldrush would be perfect too

haha :D for you excelent solution. Better - close to axis all spawnexits except one :D

that gate isnt a spawnexit

I know what this gate isnt a spwanexit, but if was possible to forbidden mines in marakesh is question of discusion do it in Paris[/quote]

Spam Kid

Postby MoB » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:28

I don't agree, even though sometimes I also get pissed off by getting killed by some random artillery shell.

Things like this will get us so far off, after some time, everyone will start making suggestion like: forbid mines there and forbid arty there, no mortar there... blablabla.

Eventually you would have rules for every single map!!!!

The rule is quite simple in my opinion, as long as you don't get hit in your spawn, it is not considered spawnkilling.

Grtz Mob

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:46

wuju wrote:but it will be hard to change it imo, we would have to change rulebook

Don't see why? Like said, it all depends on the interpretation of the admin. You could see it as a big spawn area with only 1 (spawn)exit (kinda stretching imo), or see it as an objective route (entrance) as Diamond pointed out.

Diamond wrote:maybe some weapon restrictions could do it, maybe not..

I personally always favour server/map restrictions over new rules, so turning up the arty and/or airstrike time from 1min. to 2 or 3 on that map could be an idea.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03

Watching field ops run towards axis spawn with binoculars glued to their faces pisses me off too :| One evening I stayed at the doorway, only killing the suicidal field ops and it really helped Axis push towards the objective.

Airstrikes at the gateway isnt really defending the objective..it's just raising death count. "oh look at me~ i got a monster kill...i'm awesome" u___u
Don't see how this can be enforced though.

Spam Pro

Postby Vulture » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:27

Gate isn't a spawnexit so you can w8 imo.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 13:19

Vulture wrote:Gate isn't a spawnexit so you can w8 imo.

It isn't but there is risk that it can hit spawn and it mostly do...
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Gold Star

Postby Greg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 15:26

The rule is quite simple in my opinion, as long as you don't get hit in your spawn, it is not considered spawnkilling.

but sk in this axis spawn is everyday. especialy thx for airstrikes.

I personally always favour server/map restrictions over new rules, so turning up the arty and/or airstrike time from 1min. to 2 or 3 on that map could be an idea.

I think what is good idea.

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue Jun 01, 2010 16:44

St-Shadow wrote:Goku is right, doors can be opened only by axis. Allied coverts can't open them.

To be honest I support the idea. As far as this is the only way through airstrikes should be forbidden.

Oops 8O 8O

ok then my point is kinda hard to defend :S....

still i dont think it should be disallowed, maybe like ape said raising the time for arty by 1 or 2 min could help you guys feel a bit better :>\

But as also said ... all rifles bazooka's and flamers also shoot there so imo if you would want to do somethign about arty you should do something about those weapons too.

No more HW and Rifles :> whoooo

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 18:46

warren-the-ape wrote:
Don't see why? Like said, it all depends on the interpretation of the admin. You could see it as a big spawn area with only 1 (spawn)exit (kinda stretching imo), or see it as an objective route (entrance) as Diamond pointed out.

That's the point of making additional rules/restrictions. All members/admins should be up-to-date. So if this could be discussed in AF, to have a clear response, because there is a lot of blabla in the topic, but the map is still in rotation and the arty is still striking. :wink:

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:15

Paris Bastille isn't first time in rotation... anyway arty doesn't block spawnexit. It blocks way to objectives, so it's defending.

Spam Pro

Postby Vulture » Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:40

LadyDeath wrote:Paris Bastille isn't first time in rotation... anyway arty doesn't block spawnexit. It blocks way to objectives, so it's defending.

Agree with you.

Spam Kid

Postby MoB » Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:44

Vulture wrote:
LadyDeath wrote:Paris Bastille isn't first time in rotation... anyway arty doesn't block spawnexit. It blocks way to objectives, so it's defending.

Agree with you.

+2

There's no point in making extra rules for every single map.
It's defence.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:51

It might be defending, but doing it that way is lame and kind of impossible for the attackers to even enter the building.
If there would be more ways to get in, okay, but it's actually the only one.

Would it be okay to place arty in that courtyard on Marrakesh? Well, if I think about it your way, I would say yes, it's defending and it doesn't hit spawn, but spawnexit.

-.-

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:53

@ Goku: Where is courtyard? :x

EDIT: If you put arty there, then it'll hit spawn. Allies have only 1 exit from spawn (this big tree) so it's clear spawnkilling.

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010