Mines at capturable flag

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:22

DaRkMaN wrote:All clases have some advantage,medics can run away and heal,feild ops call artillery from a mile away,sniper shoots from mile away,soldier can too with panzer,only engis always have to be right on place where the most fire is if they wanna defend obj.

Arty, sniper and panzer are not allowed at flags. Why should mines be, you go past the point of discussion. Ofcourse engi's can have a ultrakill, but not by planting mines at a spawnpoint.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:26

He slowed down oposite team,that is engi work when defending,and with that you only gave engi a litlle more power which in my opinion is good,becuse compering engi to rest of clases he is the weakest in my opinion.
Goku we can discuss all night long abaout this subject and still every side will have some good arguments,no question abaout that,i just gave my opinion it should be alowed,thats all.
It would be nice when medics should finnaly be in need ask for somebodys help,like:"pls cov ops clean the flag",and not only frag and no heal.(in most of cases)

Yes Smadje,but artilery can be called from a mile like a said,and engi has to go to flag and atleast 1 min he is not shooting he is planting landmines,and people shoot on him.

oo and i am not saying my reasons for alowing landmines on flag are the right one,thats my opinion thats all.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:50

DaRkMaN wrote:
Yes Smadje,but artilery can be called from a mile like a said,and engi has to go to flag and atleast 1 min he is not shooting he is planting landmines,and people shoot on him.

This is not always the case, some flags are really hard to take. Or can only be captured in a later stadium from the game. This makes it possible for engineers to plant mines without getting attacked.

I know it's your opionion. And ofcourse a opinion is always right. But to make a decision for the allowing/disallowing we need reasons and facts.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:58

well...reason and facts...i see here people likes, people dont like..i agree in this case with 1 of the owners (i copy and paste his reasons in member forum):

im a fighter PRO mines allowed on flag
because:
- spawnprotection can protect
- flag is not only spawn, also can be seen as obj to protect
- doublejump makes it easy to survive
- mines are anyway to weak itself
- too much rules around
- engis are the heroes and deserve to annoy other classes^^

i agree 100 % in this case.

Anyway, in few days surelly bowy will write here the high admin decision,we have just to wait this answer :P

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Wed Apr 21, 2010 22:07

Darkman: engys are surely not the weakest class. If you can manage rifle and riflenade well, its deadly oponent for everyone.

Defending the objective is not the issue here, spawnkiling is. There is a reason, why heavy weapons are forbidden on spawn flags, and for the very same reason the mines should be forbidden there. I dont mind if I get killed by landmine when going for obj, but I hate SPAWNING on the mine.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 22:56

Well Darkman, that's not really the way it's meant to be played on PS1.. If you want that kind of team-play, go on ETPro ^^
PS1 is more a frag 'n rush place.. Except when HUN t is around of course :P

Btw, if the opposite team doesn't respawn at the exact place where the flag is, I don't give a joint about the mines at the flag.. As long as you don't spawn on 'em it's okay, imo.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Apr 21, 2010 22:59

Engis riflenade are not the same stregh in all servers,i think they are not.

Yes we have to wait to HA voting agree,only wanted to give my vote for alowing mines and saying my reason why.(if it means anything)

edit goku:yes but i think this is abaout all ps servers not only ps1.and on ps5 teamswork is a lot,or atleast Sebbel and rest are trying it to be.
Last edited by DaRkMaN on Wed Apr 21, 2010 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 23:01

DaRkMaN wrote:Engis riflenade are not the same stregh in all servers,i think they are not.

That's up to the server owner(s). They decide what's the power of the riflenade, and if you can use it well, no matter the strength, you will still be a dangerous enemy. :wink:

PS: This is PS1 section, so let's view the things as they are on PS1 :idea:

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Apr 21, 2010 23:04

Ah Goku like i said before we can go all night ;)
I just wanted to say my opinion becuse i think HA have to take ours when they will make vote that all.

Veteran

Postby wenszy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:45

soon you all will hear the answer on this discussion, we discussing about it in the HA forum. so just a little bit more patience :)

x
well to solve all my problems
to get out of drugs
i'd had enough of that
i decided i was gonna'
find a new way of life

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Thu Apr 22, 2010 14:01

I agree with Betinho btw, mines should be allowed like that..
Imo they are made for it.

well...reason and facts...i see here people likes, people dont like..i agree in this case with 1 of the owners (i copy and paste his reasons in member forum):

im a fighter PRO mines allowed on flag
because:
- spawnprotection can protect
- flag is not only spawn, also can be seen as obj to protect
- doublejump makes it easy to survive
- mines are anyway to weak itself
- too much rules around
- engis are the heroes and deserve to annoy other classes^^

i agree 100 % in this case.

Anyway, in few days surelly bowy will write here the high admin decision,we have just to wait this answer

+1

Just kill the engi who want to plant mines.. or easily defuse em o0

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Apr 29, 2010 17:28

The subject was discussed on members and admins forums , a vote was running on AF and we decided to disallow the use of mines at flag spawns. To make it more simpler to understand by all, mines are now assimilate to heavy weapons, all rules concerning the use of heavy weapons will also be applied on mines.
Last edited by BOWDOWN on Thu Apr 29, 2010 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Thu Apr 29, 2010 17:47

BOWDOWN wrote:The subject was discussed on members and admins forums , a vote was running on AF and we decided to disallow the use of mines at flag spawns. To make it more simpler to understand by all, mines are now assimilate to heavy weapons, all rules concerning the use of heavy weapons will also be applied on mines.

As far as I know we didn't vote for considering mines as HW, but disallow mines directly on spawn flag (maps like tramfigt etc.)
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Apr 29, 2010 17:59

RapidHail wrote:
BOWDOWN wrote:The subject was discussed on members and admins forums , a vote was running on AF and we decided to disallow the use of mines at flag spawns. To make it more simpler to understand by all, mines are now assimilate to heavy weapons, all rules concerning the use of heavy weapons will also be applied on mines.

As far as I know we didn't vote for considering mines as HW, but disallow mines directly on spawn flag (maps like tramfigt etc.)

Indeed , but since you are not allowed to use them on flags, is it so illogical for you to assimilate them to HW? as ive told it , it s to make it easier to understand by all and will also resolve all problems we can have with "distance" stories etc ... Now if it realy perturb you , feel free to run a new vote about or explain it with your words to players.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Thu Apr 29, 2010 20:50

No wonder engi is preferd class on ps servers,by rules like that.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Apr 29, 2010 21:07

Also no wonder to see another very useful comment from you.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Thu Apr 29, 2010 21:21

ey, dont a big deal for this...i think High Admin choose this decision because is better privileged the attack. Think in football...15 years ago, when you win you had 2 points, now you win and you have 3 points.
I think the players will need a time to acclimate....the rule is new and you will hasnt a big punish...just a !warn !slap !put xxx s, no more than this :P
Just forget if you like or not...follow the new rule and enjoy the game :)
Last edited by Betinho on Thu Apr 29, 2010 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 21:24

Thanks for the clear answer, Bow. :wink:

Should be added in the Almighty Rulebook, though, to avoid problems like "ITS NOT IN THE RULES, SO I CAN H4H4H4"

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Apr 29, 2010 22:08

knowing rules is not enough, u need to know why they're implied.

rules r for new players to get the idea of ps gaming style, after ur familiar with that, u should enhance this gaming ideology.

i see many fails from members and stuff. sad to see not much improve.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Fri Apr 30, 2010 0:33

BOWDOWN wrote:Also no wonder to see another very useful comment from you.

Well not everybody is usefull Bow,some more some less.
I am usefull when i have to play engi alone in team of 10 players.
And second,i comment becuse i cant understand this rule,becuse if engi class is not meaning of teamplay,which ps staff like to point out much,then i dont know what is.
Engi class is only played to help your team win,it is not like somebody takes engi class to be highest frager,and with this decison i think you only again rejected people from playing engi class.
But like you said Bow,nothing usefull from me,so no more comment here from me.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:32

DaRkMaN wrote:

And second,i comment becuse i cant understand this rule,becuse if engi class is not meaning of teamplay,which ps staff like to point out much,then i dont know what is.
Engi class is only played to help your team win,it is not like somebody takes engi class to be highest frager,and with this decison i think you only again rejected people from playing engi class.

What is so hard to understand in this new rule, that it is forbidden to put landmines at flag ? Or what is it then ?
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:15

DaRkMaN wrote:

SK if forbidden all the time, and now the situation has been cleared that mines at spawn are considered as SK. Good engy can still get some nice spots to plant mines to support attack/defense. The main problem about mines are not rules, but engys who plants them on random useless spots.

Anyway, engy is fine class, and as any other, playable for top frags. Riflenade is a mess in experienced hands, and rifle itself is pretty strong on short range.

Well, its all about the player, not rules or class restrictions...

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50

Keeks wrote:SK if forbidden all the time, and now the situation has been cleared that mines at spawn are considered as SK.

No. You can kill players in spawn if You are going to capture the spawn (flag/command post) and in other hand you can kill players who are trying to do that. What we have done is to not allow mines around flags and in spawn area.
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:15

exactly.
And rifle nades are not strong on other servers like they are in ps1(thx god),so stop giving facts like engi can be frager with those nades,shure it can be,but tell me,if you have two persons completly the same,one medic and one engi,dont tell me engi will be frager.
NVM,decision is made,and we play by the book.
1 question then,on MLB temple can we plant mines on entries of flag,since entries are close to flag?

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:30

RapidHail wrote:
Keeks wrote:SK if forbidden all the time, and now the situation has been cleared that mines at spawn are considered as SK.

No. You can kill players in spawn if You are going to capture the spawn (flag/command post) and in other hand you can kill players who are trying to do that. What we have done is to not allow mines around flags and in spawn area.

Yep, I know. Its just a naming issue, as I dont call fight for flag as SK.

The rulebook says that SK is forbidden, and that fight for capturable spawn is not SK. Now the decision was taken that mines are heavy weapons for applying of this rule:

Exceptions
The SK rule does not apply to capturable spawns, such as flags or commandposts. As long as you are trying to (re)capture the spawn ONLY light weapons (SMG, knife, handgun, grenades etc.) are allowed!

so the mines are forbidden...

DaRkMaN wrote:exactly.
And rifle nades are not strong on other servers like they are in ps1(thx god),so stop giving facts like engi can be frager with those nades,shure it can be,but tell me,if you have two persons completly the same,one medic and one engi,dont tell me engi will be frager.
NVM,decision is made,and we play by the book.
1 question then,on MLB temple can we plant mines on entries of flag,since entries are close to flag?

You know, engy with rifle is not only about rifle nades. They help a lot, but even then, the rifle itself is strong too. If the map is closed, I ran out of ammo with some rnades left in most cases, and I'm able to get fragger with engy with same probability as with medic ;)

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010