Mines at capturable flag

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam Kid

Mines at capturable flag

Postby Keeks » Sun Apr 18, 2010 20:25

Right now there are at least 2 maps with capturable spawn flags, where you can plant mines (Axislab and Tramfight). And on both I've met players who like to plant mines there, even regulars do that. And there is nothing better than spawn on mine...

I know this topic was already here and that this should be forbidden...but never saw any action about it, so I'd like to ask if its allowed now, or I just wasnt lucky with my connection times...

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 20:29

It ain't allowed and you should simply report to connected members/admins or make a demo and post on the forum.

Spam Lord

Postby Xand3r » Sun Apr 18, 2010 20:55

yep it ain't allowed and it's soo lamao so you say people with for example over 100 k xp do it too? they should know the rules

greetz,

XAnd3r :wink:

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Apr 18, 2010 21:21

Just PM admins, they are able to put those players in spectator, in this way their mines will be gone :wink:
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Sun Apr 18, 2010 22:20

The problem is that those mines are mostly gone after I notice who planted them, and no pm/demo helps in this case. I mostly pip/pop the player, thats supposed to bring attention to that, but everyone can miss that in same way as pm.

Xander: I poped HUN_t for it about two weeks ago, if you care about exp. But with your measures, I would never get into your "regular" scope, as I reset my xp at 100k (give or take) - XP is not the best way to see if its regular or not, but imo level 2 player should know for sure...

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Sun Apr 18, 2010 22:25

mines at flag are allowed!! since months ago!! when bowy disable the team damage in the mines...
the biggest problem , when bowy said "mines at flag arent allowed" were when the mines did team damage...but doesnt running anymore.
So, you read something in the rulebook forbidden mines at flag?? no..only heavy weapons are forbidden in flag...mines are consider light weapons, so it is allowed :)

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Sun Apr 18, 2010 23:09

Betinho wrote:mines at flag are allowed!! since months ago!! when bowy disable the team damage in the mines...
the biggest problem , when bowy said "mines at flag arent allowed" were when the mines did team damage...but doesnt running anymore.
So, you read something in the rulebook forbidden mines at flag?? no..only heavy weapons are forbidden in flag...mines are consider light weapons, so it is allowed :)

funny. No one with brain would plant landmine in his own spawn while he can trigger it.

I already opened this discussion once after the teamtrigger of landmines was disabled, Bowdown said its forbidden. See here:

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... 689#106689

The point of doing it again is that some players ignores it, and its pretty annoying.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Sun Apr 18, 2010 23:43

Keeks wrote:
Betinho wrote:mines at flag are allowed!! since months ago!! when bowy disable the team damage in the mines...

funny. No one with brain would plant landmine in his own spawn while he can trigger it.

I already opened this discussion once after the teamtrigger of landmines was disabled, Bowdown said its forbidden. See here:

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... 689#106689

The point of doing it again is that some players ignores it, and its pretty annoying.

that was 1 year ago...now mines at flag are allowed...the rulebook is clear...only heavy weapons at flag are forbidden....mines are light weapons : mines at flag are allowed

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Sun Apr 18, 2010 23:50

is it now only ur opinion or was it discussed in memberforum ?

as far as i know, 1 year ago it wasnt in rulebook too.

and there was a time it was clearly forbidden

imo its clear u dont go for recapture the spawn/flag so why it should be allowed
like nadespamming and dont attack its forbidden too

Server High Admin

Postby PolygonWindow » Sun Apr 18, 2010 23:56

Maybe your teammates can recapture..?

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Mon Apr 19, 2010 0:54

Red0x wrote:is it now only ur opinion or was it discussed in memberforum ?

as far as i know, 1 year ago it wasnt in rulebook too.

and there was a time it was clearly forbidden

imo its clear u dont go for recapture the spawn/flag so why it should be allowed

you have to do what rulebook say:

The SK rule does not apply to capturable spawns, such as flags or commandposts. As long as you are trying to (re)capture the spawn ONLY light weapons (SMG, knife, handgun, grenades etc.) are allowed!

so..the question is mines are light weapons?? jeje :D . i think yes...In this moment bowy had a reason (mines do too much team damage) but now you can step the mines. But lets wait for the bowys answer :)

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:19

Recently people got kicked (by bow?) for putting mines at flag on tramfight..
Better discuss about it in MF/AF to get a final point that everyone knows about..

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:40

nice one beti ....

pls copy then the whole rulebook

k so now we all know the first part
here is the 2nd

Note
Sniping and shooting (for example; Rifle Nades) into a capturable spawn from a distance is considered SK or even SC, since you are not trying to (re)capture the spawn yourself (i.e. not moving forward)!

but as u said right
the final decision is in bows hands

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Tue Apr 20, 2010 13:37

Ok guyz, it s not first time that we have to discuss about this case and have to admit that it s still a pretty confusing situation for all of us since the last topic didn't finsihed with a clear and sure policy to follow. As usual, some admins are for (make it allow) and some not which don't realy help to clarify the big mess :wink:. Personaly i m against it but after some changes on server settings and also cause Sebbel is totaly for, i ve decided to be tolerant about, but sure it can't continu like this and we need a real line to follow .So, i ve ran a vote on our admin forum to finaly have a definite issue, the result of the vote will be posted here which will finaly give a sure answer to all your questions. The vote will running for 7 days so you just have to be patient , meanwhile we will keep the actual line which is to tolerate mines on spawn flags. The discussion only concern those mines put directly of the flag and not the spawn/flag area. As long as you resepct the limit of the spawn area , you are for sure allowed to put your mines wherever you want.

@goku : when you saw me kicking people for mines on flags ? at least this last times :D

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Apr 20, 2010 16:09

Red0x wrote:imo its clear u dont go for recapture the spawn/flag so why it should be allowed

+1

@Betinho- i dont have to do exactly what is or isn't in rulebook. its just a guideline. if u find logic behind every rule, then u know what i mean.

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Tue Apr 20, 2010 16:37

There are 2 types of flags - just flags, where the mines are no problems, and flags, related to spawn areas, where mines are really a problem. Even better, flags in spawn, which becomes permanent for one team (like at Axislab). Flag disappears, mines stays ready to do some SK.

My point of view is, that mine is no offensive weapon, and you can't trigger it -> make it help to capture the flag. So if its planted in spawn, it just spawnkills, regardless of flag...

That remind me of some mines planted right next to capt. spawn at Oasis, which did some nice SK too...

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Apr 20, 2010 17:35

few points not mentioned yet:

1. mines might be light weapons, but their very similar to heavy weapons: f.e. u can't efficiently attack/capture while not doing it from long range, thats why i consider mines as long range weapons. and shooting/planting in to spawn, while ur obviously not going to capture it from far distance, is clear sk, exactly like riflenade, pf, mg etc.

2. defending yourself from mines in spawn is as difficult as it would be from hw. its even smaller change to avoid it. i agree with keeks +1

3. defending your spawn/flag with mines, is very comparable to defending spawn/flag with mg, pf and other hw. f.e.when support fire doesn't do TD then it doesn't mean that you can defend your flag with it. it's too hard for the enemy to attack.

my conclusion is that it should go under the same category as rifle nade in the capturable spawn rules.

Spam Lord

Postby Xand3r » Tue Apr 20, 2010 17:45

Keeks wrote:The problem is that those mines are mostly gone after I notice who planted them, and no pm/demo helps in this case. I mostly pip/pop the player, thats supposed to bring attention to that, but everyone can miss that in same way as pm.

Xander: I poped HUN_t for it about two weeks ago, if you care about exp. But with your measures, I would never get into your "regular" scope, as I reset my xp at 100k (give or take) - XP is not the best way to see if its regular or not, but imo level 2 player should know for sure...

i don't care about xp but for example hunt now got almost 900 k xp and he don't know the rules he should know the rules if he has almost 900 k xp..

Official Member

Postby wuju » Tue Apr 20, 2010 17:54

Xand3r wrote:
Keeks wrote:The problem is that those mines are mostly gone after I notice who planted them, and no pm/demo helps in this case. I mostly pip/pop the player, thats supposed to bring attention to that, but everyone can miss that in same way as pm.

i don't care about xp but for example hunt now got almost 900 k xp and he don't know the rules he should know the rules if he has almost 900 k xp..

Like Bow said there is not rule witch make those mines forbidden, so if there is not such a point in rulbook u shouldnt say that Hun t dont know rules :) imo he know them rly good and thats why he know he can do it without serious punishment :)

Official Member

Postby on1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 18:55

well i thought it was mines at flags ok...mines at flag/spawn not ok...or am i missing somthing :roll: :P

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 19:06

Well, let's just wait for the outcome of the AF vote..

@bow: must have been another fatty then.. :roll:

Gold Star

Postby RaiderPL » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:30

Hmm. In my opinion mines on flag shut be not allowed, I mean capture flags.

Imagine that when allies and axis jump into the flag - What the mess. Mines can heart than not just opponent but team mates as well.

:)

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Wed Apr 21, 2010 20:26

Since team members can run over them, it shouldnt be much of a problem. Yes the explosion does hurt your team mates, but that is unintentional .
Usually a waste of mines so look on the positive side :)

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Apr 21, 2010 20:52

This is like topic abaout all servers i guess,so i dont understand why mines on flag are so big deal.
70 % of people only look on frags,and engis are those who most of time defend obj all alone,mines only help it to protect flag like tank or wall or any other obj.
Mines explode when enemy recapture flag,so?,engi should not be alowed to make ultra kill???
All clases have some advantage,medics can run away and heal,feild ops call artillery from a mile away,sniper shoots from mile away,soldier can too with panzer,only engis always have to be right on place where the most fire is if they wanna defend obj.(well in 90% of cases anyway)
Anyway,you have binoc and you can clear them before capturing flag,since on ps5 only cov ops can do,they will have atleast one teamwork thing to do beside hide and shoot.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:12

DaRkMaN wrote:This is like topic abaout all servers i guess,so i dont understand why mines on flag are so big deal.
70 % of people only look on frags,and engis are those who most of time defend obj all alone,mines only help it to protect flag like tank or wall or any other obj.
Mines explode when enemy recapture flag,so?,engi should not be alowed to make ultra kill???
All clases have some advantage,medics can run away and heal,feild ops call artillery from a mile away,sniper shoots from mile away,soldier can too with panzer,only engis always have to be right on place where the most fire is if they wanna defend obj.(well in 90% of cases anyway)
Anyway,you have binoc and you can clear them before capturing flag,since on ps5 only cov ops can do,they will have atleast one teamwork thing to do beside hide and shoot.

What about if the opposite team respawn on the mines and leaves the spawn with 20hp?

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010