/!\ Even TEAMS !!! /!\

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam Kid

Postby MoB » Fri Apr 16, 2010 20:47

Xand3r wrote:
chimbo wrote:
Code: Select all
set d1 "set g_gametype 2 ; map oasis ; set nextmap vstr d2; exec "cmd ref shuffleteamsxp"

Try this, i'm not sure if this thing works...
WORTH A TRY!!!

i disagree with this because in some maps teams are fair for example 17 vs 17 thats alright and it's fun too play for both teams and then next map get a shuffle that fcks everything up so DISAGREE!!

Good point :)! What about enabling shuffle vote? Or would that cause endless voting?

Veteran

Postby przemsPL » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:06

Hmm me too try to shuffle if you want and i always ask when next map start but shuffle command have members at 11 lvl up and not everyone has the lvl so sometimes I need to ask whether you can do the shuffle
to balance the teams are also always try to watch this and if possible be moved at so as to level the playing field for teams :)

Silver Star

Postby chimera » Sat Apr 17, 2010 22:17

Anyway, if im on the server most of the time i would change team if they are uneven. But you need enough ppl to do these things.

Spam Kid

Postby Shenkyen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:57

40 days laters, nothing have changed ... and it's maybe worse.

This afternoon, on Marrakech, 14 axis - 11 allies, i'm in the allied team. Of course I used my special bind that some of you know now. But after 30s, no one moved, I used it again, nobody moved, 15s later I used it again and then, an admin !mute me, even if there is a spam protection ... So, okay my bind is maybe a bit annoying but that's the aim ! If teams are uneven I use it to "force" a player to swap ...

I know some admins swap players when it's needed (I don't remember if it's on PS 1 or 5), why he didn't do that instead of !muting me ?

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:02

I !muted you because that spam what you did... And sorry that we didn't take fast action... I was typing to others. But it's true that teams are almost all the time uneven and there isn't many players who would like to even teams without !put. But there are also some people who will even teams only once and then they won't even tiwce but even once it's good. But for real there must be more people who even teams or then there should be made auto team balance thing which even team automatically when teams are uneven about should I say 10 seconds or 20 seconds.

But for real this isn't a problem but it would be annoying when no admins online.

And by the way Shen or Shin what was your name in game, try not to spam your Even teams command. There is always someone who notice it. ;) Do it once or twice and that's it. :>

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Lady_Deadly_Nade » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:54

Peace and Quiet

Just play and enjoy the lovely game, go spec if you dont like the map or the teams, SPAM once or twice the : EVEN THE TEAMS PLS! : Take a rest from your PC, go on other PS server or do something different than usual, take a sweet icecream or just cup of water to chill and play without making yourself nervouse.
I do get pissed when i see the teams like : 16 - 12 and well in that case or

1st - i warn everyone that teams are not OK and put myself and few good or not so good player with me it depends how strong is the other team ofc
2st - i go spec to even up ( i love spectating players a lot )
3nd - i go to the oposit team simply
4th - wait someone to switch if no i do
5th - just clicking : QUIT server and go on other PS server where is calm

So as you see as frosty said there is no point to discuss this on 1st place if we all we cant handle that what we will do for the rest of the biger problems?? !! ??

Chill chill and try to stay calm if isnt working well play some other game for a while. But if this :NOT EVEN TEAMS: bothers you all the time there is a problem.

I am not regullar because of my work but when i can i play, and also i can imagine how you ppl feel when the good game is ruined just because of uneven teams.. I wish all this fixes we all should make that : L chose other team/class and go even them up :pp

cheeers to all

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sat Jun 05, 2010 16:10

Keeks wrote:Anyway, I dont mind changing teams. But once per map is enough. What I hate is being put, then I do some serious teambleed till I get used to shoot the other team. Sometimes I have a mood when I dont want to be the one who evens the teams, when I say to myself: "There is more than 10 other players who can do it, why should I". Imo everyone knows that feeling.

I don't see any point in such behaviour. Teams should be even just to increase gameplay. Still it's no reason to teambleed.

BUT even if teams are even in amount of players it doesn't mean teams are fine. All is about few dependencies, like skills of players, map, tactics, cooperation, classes...

If teams are totally uneven I try private message to PS members. Still if doesn't help or there is no members online and no one cares I just leave the server. So would do a lot of players.
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Official Member

Postby Evil » Sat Jun 05, 2010 19:40

Keeks wrote:Anyway, I dont mind changing teams. But once per map is enough. What I hate is being put, then I do some serious teambleed till I get used to shoot the other team. Sometimes I have a mood when I dont want to be the one who evens the teams, when I say to myself: "There is more than 10 other players who can do it, why should I". Imo everyone knows that feeling.

Whoooaaa so for putting team u teambleed 2 get use to it ?
nice and unfair and u may call yourself lucky that 1 of our team didnt see it,
and hope we never will Eye are placed on u

St-Shadow wrote:I don't see any point in such behaviour. Teams should be even just to increase gameplay. Still it's no reason to teambleed.

BUT even if teams are even in amount of players it doesn't mean teams are fine. All is about few dependencies, like skills of players, map, tactics, cooperation, classes...

If teams are totally uneven I try private message to PS members. Still if doesn't help or there is no members online and no one cares I just leave the server. So would do a lot of players.

well shadow dont get me wrong,
and its first time i read this hole topic, but listen,
if we should also take care of all those "CALLED" Tiny things like chck for skills to eventually put in other team for balance i think its bit overpowered to do it.
we got much rules to keep the game fair.
and i think ppl should atleast care more theirselves to balance it (good or bad skills)

i know like in a winning team to get a player who dont know map or whatever,
but just remember

We are in fun social community that play the game for fun
so we dont need to take all tiny things serieusly.

and i assume that our members +include me fix the teams theirself to join.
but all players / members dont need to think that only "us" should hop down hop down to balance ;)

and as i read also here for an xpshuffle,
first of all it should work but to shuffle each map or after a map rotation.
think its not needed as we got plenty members / admins arround to make that job happend.
and we cant be on server 24/7 ;)
especialy not with this kind of weather here <--- srry for offtopic :D

just my 2cents.

Official Member

Postby on1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 19:57

i like to be in the losing team :D ...at least then i know iv tryed my hardest :banana:

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Jun 05, 2010 23:50

About Keeks comment ; chill out guys cause imo you all get it wrong. What he want to say is that changing his team in a middle of the map provok some mistakes and teamkills something i can get :wink: .

About uneven teams, we all know that the classic !shuffle by XP is pretty ineffective. What i do when i m around and have time is to shuffle then try to spread out skilly players on both teams via !put, but let's face it, without players help it's just useless since i frequently see some of them them again changing team or go to spec to again join their first team etc ... just after i did changes :wink:.

Blaming admins is for sure the easier solution but what about players themselves? how many time i call to even teams and no one move a finger? those who try to making teams even are always same and most of the time PS members. Sure, it's a part of our members and admins to show teh exemple but they also have the right to have a quite game and some fun without having an obligation to stop their game and doing yo-yo between allies and axis cause othe rplayers don't care a shit about how teams are going. The sad thing is to see that many of high level players are those who never and ever help to have more even teams. Well, let's say that i m also tired of this and this kind of people can always wait for an upgrade, at least from me.
We try our best but as i said above it 's also a players responsability and even duty to try having a fair and even game.
PS members will keep doing their job but it's clear that this kind of problem will always exist , not cause we don't care about but cause it will alwayz a part of players who will play it selfish without any care about the rest :wink: .

Spam Noob

As new here :)

Postby Gummiklubba » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52

I can only agree teams are often very unbalanced for too long..
still its fun playing but on some maps u get very close to deathspree cos of it
and my personal oppinion is that attacking team should be 1 moore cos its always easy to go medix and do ramboo defending and camp...
its seen on many maps, as it is now and to survive or even get a bit from spawn u have too go ramboomedix to or else u are just stuck and have to defend when u should be attackin
then u are really depending on good teamplayers and its not always the reallity.. often the teamplayers are in the defending team like 14-11 for moore than half a map :)

but what the hell.. lifes to short and ET is fun :)

Spam Pro

Re: As new here :)

Postby Fefe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 23:50

Gummiklubba wrote:then u are really depending on good teamplayers and its not always the reallity.. often the teamplayers are in the defending team like 14-11 for moore than half a map :)

but what the hell.. lifes to short and ET is fun :)

That ussually never lasts for as long as u say not that ive seen at least . besides 14 vs 11 can be equall skillwize and then its not so bad :)

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:22

Evil wrote:well shadow dont get me wrong,
and its first time i read this hole topic, but listen,
if we should also take care of all those "CALLED" Tiny things like chck for skills to eventually put in other team for balance i think its bit overpowered to do it.
we got much rules to keep the game fair.
and i think ppl should atleast care more theirselves to balance it (good or bad skills

Evaluate the situation, not that hard, isn't it? Join weaker team and help them, instead of concentrating on frags. When I join I look on strenght (skills) of the players. I'm not saying you do it, just admitting in general

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:36

Evil wrote:

Whoooaaa so for putting team u teambleed 2 get use to it ?
nice and unfair and u may call yourself lucky that 1 of our team didnt see it,
and hope we never will Eye are placed on u

You got me wrong. I dont tb on pupose, but being put means I am not able to swith teams in my mind fast enough and when my new teammte surprises me, I often do some tb before I realize he is not my enemy now. Thats why I hate being put...

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Sun Jun 13, 2010 0:06

:?:
Last edited by Red0x on Thu Jun 17, 2010 23:06, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby wuju » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:20

nobody is talkink about blaming players,

the point of Bow post wasnt about it imo.

Playing this game need even teams and all of us should take care of it.

When we see that teams are like 13-15 or sth we call EVEN TEAMS

most of time i see some group of players who care of it but rest just wait

for someone else do it. Its not fair game then.

U say u dont care about it.. ye its perfect to play in team with more players..

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Sun Jun 13, 2010 17:26

:arrow:
Last edited by Red0x on Thu Jun 17, 2010 23:07, edited 1 time in total.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 19:03

Red0x wrote:so my ego said give a fu about any things up on ps1

Then someone could ask what's giving you a right to make criticizm of players and members at PS#1. :roll: There are and will be problem with uneven teams exactly becouse players like you, who cares only about themselves and their own fun.

it 's also a players responsability and even duty to try having a fair and even game.

Holy words, not only concerned to uneven teams, but to all our rules. Reporting sk/tk or cheaters i would put to the same cathegory. When there is no admin online players should take care about the game quality. Ofc under 'take care" i don't understand siting at spec 24/7 or threating other players: "stop it or i'll kick you", but making the server stabile and solid with following rules and friendly atmosphere. Those who give their time and energy to explain things to rulebreakers are the most helpfull, and between them we see eventual future members.
Admins duty is not to changing teams each time they are uneven but to be an example. That's almost the same, but only almost. :) It's not really a fun to be only one team changer at the server and caring about players fun instead of them... However we are not robots, and admins want to play somethimes too. The one of the most annoying situation is the group of players whos saying :"im playing only at allies"... or going spec. :?
Well, our servers are so nice places to play not becouse any rules but becouse there ARE people (players and admins) whos cares :)

Bowy said rest so i wont repeat it again. And Redox... im sure Bow as server owner knows preety much about each player behaviour, inclouding yours :wink:
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Sun Jun 13, 2010 21:18

:idea:
Last edited by Red0x on Thu Jun 17, 2010 23:08, edited 2 times in total.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 22:57

Red0x wrote:for ur wise second comment
i had a laugh so thx for that

For your wise comment
thx for clearing my doubts about you.

About rest, i wont even bother to reply.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Mon Jun 14, 2010 0:02

:idea: :idea: :!:

:roll: :wink:
Last edited by Red0x on Thu Jun 17, 2010 23:10, edited 2 times in total.

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:37

members and admins cant return with an answer: "we want to play normal too", coz u are the 1s who represent this community. u chose to take the tag and few responsibilities - u dont have the freedom to ignore rulebreaks or just disconnect when it happens, u have to clear it, this goes for even out teams aswell. "fair and even game"- i think this means only for making even teams. i cant imagine myself and every player having an obligation to record any rulebreak they see. its for the ppl who want to be member some day, some like me f.e. dont, so when i see this i have a freedom to ignore or disconnect whenever i feel like it. u cant blame me for it, but i can blame this on members. simple as that :P

about the problem, i think members have the duty to change teams or ask them to be changed themselves 1st, or !put. its a shitty situation when admin isnt around to !put. there cant be a written rule for even teams, coz whole team cant be punished for it- many ppl just wont notice uneven teams all the time. in my eyes its a trouble we have to live with.

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:13

Diamond congratulations, well said. The pity is that members don't feel same way. I am a member of another community and I fully support your wise words.
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Official Member

Postby wuju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51

members and admins cant return with an answer: "we want to play normal too", coz u are the 1s who represent this community

yee we can we are players also, like u and all others ..
yee we represtent this community and thats why most of time
we are trying to do it in best way..

u dont have the freedom to ignore rulebreaks or just disconnect when it happens, u have to clear it, this goes for even out teams aswell.

im a free man playin with rules .. since when rulebreak = not even teams?

i cant imagine myself and every player having an obligation to record any rulebreak they see.

where u can see such a idea to make it obligation??

about the problem, i think members have the duty to change teams or ask them to be changed themselves 1st, or !put. its a shitty situation when admin isnt around to !put.

its not a duty, like i said we try to give example but we are players too
and we are here cause we like playing et and some time need to play it :P

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50

In this following reply I will try to redefine the definition of evening teams and hopefully clarify some points for you all.

First of all we can all agree that when the gameplay is unfair and one team has the advantage we drastically degrade the amount of "fun" or "happiness" experienced by the players on the server. This is not what we (PS) want since our goal is for players to achieve a high level of fun when playing on our server. This is mainly the reason for most of our rules in our rulebook including the requirement for both PS and players to even teams whenever they can and are willing to.

Now let us talk about the definition of uneven teams. Is 12 vs 14 uneven teams? Let me give you the short answer and say "No". The long answer will explain why by using an example.

Example:
The current map on server is Goldrush, the allies have managed to steal the tank and the tank is at 2nd tank barrier. The mission time is 25 min. In the first 4 min. it was 14 vs 14, but now 2 players have left the allies team and therefore we have a game of 12 allies vs 14 axis. Now per reflex some of the allies will begin requesting players to even teams and join allies. Are they right by doing so? The short answer is yet again "No".
Why not? you might wonder. Well the experienced player will have figured it out. In the first 4 min. of the game allies managed to steal tank, blow up or prevented axis to build the 1st tankbarrier and they are now at 2nd barrier. Thus the allies team must have been a lot more superior than the axis team.

How does this affect the "fun" and "happiness" level on the server? Clearly in the beginning of the match, both teams must have had the same amount of fun, but gradually and rapidly while the allies proceed in the game the axis will experience less "fun" and the quality of the axis gameplay will be lowered. This situation is NOT what we want since it is not amusing for the axis.
Let us get back to the 25 min. mission time. The teams are now 12 allies vs 14 axis. The axis may now have a chance to defend themselves properly and the level of fun will rise at the axis team since the teams are now FAIR even though numerically they are not.

So what have we learned by this? We have learned that teams are not UNEVEN just because the number of players on 1 team is greater or lesser than the other. This goes the other way around as well. Teams can just as well be UNEVEN when the number of players on both teams are the same.

People can interpret this how they want, but I know for a fact that players all say GOOD GAME, after a game where both teams have been struggling for objective and it has been a tough game for them both. This is what we want, what I personally want as well. I want a Baserace map where the real battle is at the middle of the map instead of at the enemy base. Where teams truly are even.

So what does this have to do about the topic? Simple, we PS love to have fair teams, but that does include having a 12 vs 14 game. :) It's not just all numbers and figures. You have to look beyond the game ;).

And for last words. I know you want PS to even the teams all the time, but that is not good enough. We try to push this on you players to teach you to even the teams as well when we are gone so you are not depended on us the whole time.

My wise words :D
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010