muting use of nife and poison

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam Noob

muting use of nife and poison

Postby _biafra_ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 16:58

hi all,
I am not sure if this has been discussed before or is technically possible but... how about muting use of knife and poison. Don't you think it would be more realistic (and fun)? Can that be achieved specifically for this server?
cheers

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Apr 07, 2010 17:33

not sure if that makes any sense, or gives others a advantage if someone is muted while poisoned, don't rly get your point about it.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Noob

Postby _biafra_ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 17:48

hey icefrost
actually I was referring to the sound that come out when you use the knife and needle. I don't mean muting the user but the weapon especially when coverts use these... As a covert you don't have much chance to use the knife and poison for the second time even if you're quick when you have a few enemy around.
this could be a better idea: muting these weapons only for coverts?

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Wed Apr 07, 2010 20:29

if someone killls me by backstabb knife on ps1 .. i dont hear anything

only if you dont hit its to hear

... i think
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52

Sebbel wrote:if someone killls me by backstabb knife on ps1 .. i dont hear anything

only if you dont hit its to hear

... i think

you don't, but the enemies around you hear it.
if it's technically possible I'd like it :D

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58

It is interesting how poking the knife about with the "woosh" sound makes everyone jump :) As a cov op, it's worth trying the execute with silenced pistols...the sound of a silenced weapon doesnt make people jump as much.

Anyways...good plan.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Thu Apr 08, 2010 14:09

ah, i get it now, not sure if that's possible, but sounds not that bad :wink:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 14:43

muting only for covert, mmm... maybe with some super random script
but for all, maybe with .weap file where is refered to wrong, or not at all?

dunno if this is what you are searching for, but well :roll: :D
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Apr 08, 2010 15:40

sux imo. covs can easily get multi sprees. and u cant defend urself what u cant see + hear. Also its not realistic, its like some rambo bs, ET isn't about 1 guy behind enemy lines lol. i'm almost sure that when ppl get killed like this, there's gonna be huge whine about it.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 16:30

I jump + 180 degree when I hear a knife behind me. Oh, no way I would be pleased by removing that sweet warning sound a backstabbing spy. :)
So no go by my opinion. It will only extremely overpower the use of knifes, and if you're good you only need 1 stab to kill the enemy.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 16:38

Ammz wrote:I jump + 180 degree when I hear a knife behind me. Oh, no way I would be pleased by removing that sweet warning sound a backstabbing spy. :)
So no go by my opinion. It will only extremely overpower the use of knifes, and if you're good you only need 1 stab to kill the enemy.

+1

Im also using the sound of knife preety often when im low of hp and there is a dummy medic who don't care about my v21, or can't see me. Then im standing in safe distance near him and spam this knife sound. 100% effective ^^
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Lord

Re: muting use of nife and poison

Postby Xand3r » Thu Apr 08, 2010 19:53

_biafra_ wrote:hi all,
I am not sure if this has been discussed before or is technically possible but... how about muting use of knife and poison. Don't you think it would be more realistic (and fun)? Can that be achieved specifically for this server?
cheers

no that poison and knife are just fun :)
and if you don't get any ammo you need one otherwise you don't have anything too kill some1 else with..

greetz,

Xander! 8)

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Thu Apr 08, 2010 21:36

Dont remove the sound, its enough that CovOps has silent walk, if you remove sound of knife, and even better sound of weapon switch (that one is really alerting too), it would be too easy for experienced cov op to kill.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 22:57

Daghel wrote:
Ammz wrote:I jump + 180 degree when I hear a knife behind me. Oh, no way I would be pleased by removing that sweet warning sound a backstabbing spy. :)

+1

Im also using the sound of knife preety often when im low of hp and there is a dummy medic who don't care about my v21, or can't see me. Then im standing in safe distance near him and spam this knife sound. 100% effective ^^

would kill and gib u .. no matter teammate or not

"oops THAUKT YU R CUVERT!"
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Spam Noob

Postby _biafra_ » Thu Apr 08, 2010 23:00

Diamond wrote:sux imo. covs can easily get multi sprees. and u cant defend urself what u cant see + hear.

teach me how to get multi spree in covert op dude :) this was my last hope now it seems like it failed LOL
Diamond wrote: Also its not realistic, its like some rambo bs, ET isn't about 1 guy behind enemy lines lol. I'm almost sure that when ppl get killed like this, there's gonna be huge whine about it.
honestly why not? best thing about this game is the existence of classes. this is perfectly realistic when it comes to a spy, isn't it? how much sound comes out when you inject or cut something? I do agree about whining though.
As nobody confirms that it could technically be possible (who can say the last word about this BTW?) I think no point in discussing this.
cheers

Spam Noob

Postby _biafra_ » Thu Apr 08, 2010 23:03

Sebbel wrote:
Daghel wrote:

+1

would kill and gib u .. no matter teammate or not

"oops THAUKT YU R CUVERT!"

I have wasted couple of teammates because of this trick when I am paranoid about enemy coverts... not a clever idea imo. just push, at least that is not threatening :)

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 0:00

That's why i wrote "safe distance". Not 1cm behind his back...
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:37

it rly depends on ur ability and nothing else sound rly doesnt matter if u go and heal enemy cv when hes disguised ... i dont see a reason to remove knife sound

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07

Sound of knive is the only small reason to use pistol execution. Dont remove knive sound!

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:30

It's a shame throwing the knife from behind isnt an instant kill.
That's virtually soundless and pretty cool if you can pull it off. But throwing a poison needle..that would be awesome.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010