Can somebody be so kind?

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Official Member

Can somebody be so kind?

Postby DaRkMaN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:03

And explain to me why the hell in FAQ says you can have timenudge from -50 to 0 if that is not alowed?
becuse idk shit abaout that thigs and i was playing with settings when Yoschi tells me put it on 0,- not alowed,then why it is in FAQ???
And second why the heck is script link in FAQ too if they are not alowed too??
i dont get it,so you can ban somebody or what????

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:12

It's recommended to 0 anyway, so why looking for details.. When you connect to the server, it shows to /cl_timenudge 0 only. It fakes your ping and warps you fyi.

About the script part, those posted in FAQ is a list of the most used. Cheating scripts are not allowed. (f.e anti-recoil script, or 180° turn script)
Last edited by GokuSan on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:33

yea it shows,when you look at that tiny shity window then it shows,yoschi already shown it to me,but i didnt take notice on that tiny litlle shity window i was taking notice on FAQ which for me should be main source of information.

And abaout scripts,if i am not mistaking,there was 180 degrees script in one post,and i think somebody(HA) said it is not alowed,and you have 180 degress script in FAQ,so again,for those who are not crazy or understand this comp shit i would like answer what is that doing in FAQ?

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:38

It's a FAQ and not a rulebook so no need to search there if you want to be sure about what is allowed or not :wink: . All , you read there are given as informations. About the use of timenudge, the explination clearly show that it's totaly useless, a wise dude could easily get the main message. Now since we still have some not so wise players who have some difficulties to get easy things, we have to forbbiden the use of timenudge to avoid total bullcraps settings like using -200 timenudge as i ve already saw around.

Same for scripts, what you can find on our FAQ is a link to a page which list some major scripts, there is no more or less what you can find directly on google. The majority of them are totaly allowed on our servers except few ones like anti-recoil (mentioned on our rulebook as a forbidden script) and 180° bullcrap, all our regulars are aware of it.

So, to resume it , a FAQ is a FAQ and not a rulebook :wink:

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:15

Ok FAQ is FAQ and rulebook is rulebook,which for me is not completly clear answer what is difference becuse you have lets say for example how to becomne PS member in FAQ,which is FAQ so by your answer dont take it serius that is FAQ,right?
Wise guys??lol i dont give a you know what Bow abaout what timenudge is,i dont care and i never wont,i am just not interseting in this thigs,so when i read HA wrote in post he use timenudge -20 and in FAQ says it is ok then,then i put it,and dont think abaout what is timenudge,or cl max rate or whateva.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:17

Darkman let's compare FAQ and our Rulebook to the real world.

FAQ = www.wikipedia.org / www.google.com / www.howstuffworks.com
Rulebook = Laws/Rules

Even if you are able to find instructions on how to make a bomb on google (FAQ/information) it is still not allowed to make a bomb because the laws tells you it's forbidden.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:59

Lets quote all from the FAQ part:
/cl_timenudge X
This command is misunderstood by a lot of people and does not physically lower your ping at all. Very basically; a positive value increases client side prediction while a negative value decreases it (you should only use values between -50 and 0). These days most ET Mods (No Quarter, ETPub, ETPro) run with antilag code that makes the use of timenudge useless and/or counterproductive.

Recommended: /cl_timenudge 0

:roll: /r/ close for this topic. :roll:
Last edited by Rainbow on Sat Apr 03, 2010 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 13:03

Guys you cant look throw your eyes which is for you something like - timenudge like saying good moring,becuse for me it is not.
Second Ammz dont comper real world with this becuse i plant bomb every day on ps5 and it is not forbiden?! :),ok joke but
i dont see anywhere in our rulebook where it says - timenudge is not alowed,and second even if i dont see it,and it says somewhere,on rulebook you have up in right corner where it says FAQ,so for me that would mean FAQ is part of rulebook,which ok no need to explain now i know it is not.
I am just trying you to understand i dont google abaout ET,am i really not interesed in script and cfg and idk what more,when i wanna know something i go to www.prime-squdron.com and read post abaout how you make your ping lower,and i read post of some HA abaout - timenudge i go on FAQ to check it anyway,and i am still rulebreaking,do you understand me Ammz,and it was not my itention.

edit:recommened and forbiden are for me two different words,you have recommend 20 snaps but i see a lot of other settings on snaps and i dont see anybody rulebreaking.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 13:32

Wonder what you could find on that website..

Anyway, dude, this is an additional rule. Don't make it harder then it is already. Admins said it's not allowed, so why complicating it? They don't kick for it anyway, they warn, put spec, etc, but no kicking.
It's like selfkill infight; it's not in the rulebook, it's not allowed, so it is an additional rule on the Prime Squadron servers.

If you got doubts about something, feel free to ask me or members/admins; always there to help ya, but just don't make things difficult.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sat Apr 03, 2010 13:36

GokuSan wrote:It's like selfkill infight; it's not in the rulebook, it's not allowed, so it is an additional rule on the Prime Squadron servers.

It is:

No Selfkill in battle Selfkill is NOT allowed nor appreciated when you are in battle (i.e. shooting/firing at your opponent).
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 14:25

OK Darkman, then maybe you should have made this topic in a other way.
Instead of using words like: hell, shit, heck.
You should have made your topic sound more like this:

I have realised that in the PS FAQ it teaches you how to use timenudge, yet it is not allowed on the PS servers, but it doesn't say this in rulebook.
Therefore I ask you kind admins/members to consider adding this rule in the rulebook or put a sidenote in the FAQ telling that it is not allowed on our servers.

See that would have been much better :)
-|PS|-Ammz

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 15:16

I am sry i didnt ammz,you get me wrong,it was not atacking anybody i was pissed for rulebreaking i didnt wanna do,and what if some admin that dont know me and that i dont cheat saw me with - timenudge? what would happen?
Get me ammz,i was pissed at my self for not knowing this rule after playing for 3 years now,and for telling guys to stick to rules and i go and breake myself one then,how did that look?
I was going on forum to tell somebody how it looks for us who just love the game,and dont google and idk what.
So what ever you interpreted as atack that was me just being angry on me.Sry if i gave that impresion.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 15:27

Aw that's sweet :P
No harm done buddy, we can't all know everything.
It's not really a cheat - more like a annoyment/gives lagg on server. Stuff like that, see it like a minor TK or accidental SK :P

But I agree we should add a note somewhere even though it says on server not to have timenudge enabled, it should say in FAQ or rules that it is not allowed :).
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sat Apr 03, 2010 17:27

/cl_timenudge X
This command is misunderstood by a lot of people and does not physically lower your ping at all. Very basically; a positive value increases client side prediction while a negative value decreases it (you should only use values between -50 and 0). These days most ET Mods (No Quarter, ETPub, ETPro) run with antilag code that makes the use of timenudge useless and/or counterproductive.

It more or less says you how this command works.. what it does.
It doesn't say like: U are allowed to use -50 - 0 in ps servers.. it just say IF you would like to use the command these values should be used.

FAQ = Frequently asked Questions.. if you know that, sorry :|

And the question was: 'How to boost your connection'

Therefor you get the answers and one part of the timenudge answer was that you should use only values from -50 to 0 right?

Ye it was generally about the timenudge command, not the settings u can/u are allowed to use in the ps servers.

For that you have the rulebook (which say whats allowed and whats not).

And ye FAQ can tell you whats allowed and whats not, but in this case after reading the question it just tells you about the possibilities what u could do generally to boost your connection.. not regarding about the ps servers :p

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 17:55

Element you are explaining to me what FAQ is,i know what FAQ is and like you said it,it is Frequently asked Questions which for me means if i have a question abaout something,dont need to boder some members on server,they just tell me Dark go read FAQ,right?
Which happend and i saw a lot of times members saying go read FAQ to newbies,so he sees there HOW TO PUT YOUR NICKNAME IN COLOR,so thats not forbiden,but YOU SHOULD USE TIMENUDGE -50 TO 0 ,YOU SHOULD??
NOT SHOULD,IT IS ONLY ALOWED.

It is not the point of what is in FAQ,in FAQ it is supose to be answers to frequently asked questions,but then should be said what it is alowed and what it is not,becuse everything i see in FAQ is alowed,only timenudge and 180 script are not,and FAQ looks like topic for help,not for something you shouldnt do,for that exists RULEBOOK(in which i still cant find it is not alowed),not FAQ.

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sat Apr 03, 2010 18:29

taaaaaaaa all questions solved ...

FAQ tells
/cl_timenudge X

so finnaly by closed topic

if used -50 ... PS members/admins always can to suggest by change to 0

:wink:

@@@ if i good remember at connecting to ps server always see what timenudge its allowed
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Sun Apr 04, 2010 0:09

ty falkbik for not reading my post :?

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sun Apr 04, 2010 0:47

Rainbow wrote:ty falkbik for not reading my post :?

:lol: always must have last word :lol:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51

FALBIK wrote:
Rainbow wrote:ty falkbik for not reading my post :?

:lol: always must have last word :lol:

Next time u get PM (in less polite words :>) link to me would make us both look very smart to the crowd :idea:

:D

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Mon Apr 05, 2010 21:48

serious timenudge business.

cl_timenudge 0.

might warren can update the F.A.Q., if it's such a big deal, allthought u are the first person getting worried about it.

about scripting, some scripts are simply allowed, some not, means basically scripting is not forbidden, bust some scripts are (grey zone). kinda not possible to explain this in a F.A.Q., but go ahead and write something down if it bothers u as well.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Tue Apr 06, 2010 0:59

It is so funny to me,that you cant see the pitcure with somebody else eyes,i dont care anymore what FAQ says abaout timenudge,now i know the rule,now there can say only -50 timenudge alowed,i know now,i am telling you how this looks to somebody who is reading FAQ and dont know this 0 timenudge,get it icy?

And abaout script i wrote to warren in pm couple of months back but didnt get answer,only abaout script i knew it is not alowed,get it?

Lol dont tell PS it is wrong,all get offended,jesus i am telling you i missunderstood FAQ after 3 years now,and you still saying "if it boders me??" crap,it bodered me when i broke rule reading FAQ,not now.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:21

Yep that's right, thx for showing us that the timenudge rule is not explicit called in our rulebook :)

I also sometimes did met some differences between Rulebook and FAQ/Server rules ;)

I hope it is clear for everyone now, and that we finally can stop posting in this topic!
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Apr 06, 2010 13:37

actually i didn't got offended, i just would propose u to calm a bit, i wonder why u get that upset, it's just about timenudge hey, don't make such a big deal out of it.

usually the command cl_timenudge was made for bots, to display a positive ping, else it's just useless and nonsense, so i wonder why people even use it, since your real ping won't change, it just displays a different (lower, if u use negative values) ping, but doesn't give u any advantage in the end, means it's a useless command for non-bots, players. it's just the 'wow, he got such a nice ping!' but it doesn't change your real connection/ping. i don't rly know why it is forced to '0', since rate and cl_maxpackets aren't forced, which are a way more important for sober hitboxes and less laggy servers / players, but probably not possible to manage it to force every player to use the sober values (without PB).

i'm sure warren will have a look and if needed overwork this part of the f.a.q., that's what u want i suppose, so all would be pretty fine.

about the scripts, what PM did u wrote to warren? anyway, if u didn't recive any answer, why didn't u PM him again or any other HA again or tryed to contact him on other ways (xfire f.e.)? i'm sure he just was busy or forgot about it, since there are more important things in his to-do-list.

get it, get it, get it DaRkMaN? :d
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Tue Apr 06, 2010 14:18

Icy i did get offended becuse we stoped talking abaout this post like 4 days ago,and then you come a talk to me like i am retard or something,i already forget abaout this post,but shure wont be quiet when somebody talks to me like you did on post before.

lol edit,and have you know i didnt ask any other HA about that,when warren didnt answer me?
And your first post could have looked like second .it would look more PS style.not like you are trying to insult somebody.

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 14:37

Vote for most pointless thread 2010.
:!:

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010