Overpowered medic w/ akimbo ? Watch it with a scoped rifle !

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only

Medic with scoped rifles is

lame, so admins can't do anything
9%
overpowered, more than if he have akimbo
18%
just another enemy, I don't take care about him
74%

Total votes : 34
Official Member

Postby xochi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 19:07

Smadje wrote:
xochi wrote:sorry to tell but if you are going to block that you can also say oh no the rifle nade is to strong put the damage down.

No Rifle is a classic weapon, and like sniper strong in a couple off cases, It is not overpowered.

xochi wrote:Of this i just mean that it is also a strong weapon and that the nade power is just a bit to strong sometimes you get hit by one and your dead. But this i still like it is just a thingy i wanted to say he :D

xochi wrote:This is part of the game so why blocking it realy dont get it.
It is not part off game, as pointed out the standard setting is that you only can pick up weapons that are possible to respawn with from your class. It is made part off game.

xochi wrote:well it is made part off the game that is why i find that after those few years it was set like this it doenst need to be blocked we are normal playing with that.

xochi wrote: And about the rambo medics he, I want to know how many of people on ps or sometimes a rambo medic, I think more then 80%.
Is this an argument? I don't get it.

xochi wrote:well you say that there are to much rambo medics, but the fact is that most of the people that say a stupid rambo medic and so on mostly of the time self are rambo medic.

xochi wrote:Oké if i play i try to break to line and heal the people but the problem is the people it self. Most don't dare to move and get killed no they all try to camp and shoot with more people like i mostly have the 3vs1. Well that comes because your own teammates don't dare to move.
And why should they be able to pick up other weapons for this? Tell me please

xochi wrote:i dont have it about the gun you guys say that rambo medics and all well this comes because they break line but rest doesnt follow

xochi wrote:And now why you want it away let me guess you got shot to many times by a medic with sniper rilfe will you were sniper. That also happens to me but i dont look at that it is just a game and that is part of it you have to learn to play with it.
Yes guess we all did get shot in this way sometimes. But it is not part off the game, so why should we allow medics to pick up rifles?

xochi wrote:well because i find it that if you are medic and get hit by a sniper you also may have to even the chance by picking up a rifle to find him and kill him.

xochi wrote:Blocking is only going to let the people go to outher servers. If you dont like that just go to a outher ps server where it is blocked, Tada and your problem is also solved they cant kill you with sniper. And on ps1 we still can shoot with it.

Totally right, first correct point in your post. On the other hand: why not change it in ps1 aswell, when there is enough proof that it is better for the gameplay, I guess most players stay anyhow. People come to PS#1 because it is crowded, not because it has the best settings.
xochi wrote:I play now long time on ps1 and just think that this is a stupid poll and pointless. you see at votes that most dont care so dont block it then.

greetz xochi

Blocking it probably would be better for gameplay. On the other hand it is not that a big problem, people like it anyhow at ps1, and we have other servers to play with different settings, you could say the same for every topic for a server settings change :)

I agree with your point xochi, I think letting it like it is would be the easiest, besides that ps1 doesn't run 1.2.9 so it can't be changed anyhow at the moment.

Smad

Spam Kid

Postby Vaakku » Mon Sep 20, 2010 22:42

Let's see...

In my opinion medics taking up different weapons, including sniper rifles, in itself isn't such a big issue generally. I do it sometimes when running out of ammo, probably because I'm a sniper at heart. However I've seen players that constantly go after the rifle (or vice versa: the medic uniform) and thus define the point of this topic. And that I, too, find 'lame' for reasons I and others have stated.

Fundamentally it's again about medics being too 'strong' and too much of killers. Ideally medic would be the support class its name implies and not just a default class for damage and kills. I currently see two main ways to implement needed changes:

eLemenT wrote:-- Which results.. medics have a restriction.. but not in their fuctionality.. but in varity. --

This is a good option: to reduce the fighting power via weapon restrictions - as many in the thread suggest and as has been done in regard to akimbo. It will leave medics with a powerful enough weapon and their core supportive functions - enough to still be the rambo if one chooses so.

The more drastic, but effective, change is to cut the 'misuse' (from the viewpoint of purely supportive role) of the core functions. Self heal, adrenaline (correct me, but isn't this quite a weak bonus with current server settings?), passive regeneration, max health bonus are among these and are the true reason why to play medic instead of, say, field ops when kills are the top priority. Hell, I'd gladly give the akimbo back to remove even one of these (well maybe not the adre).

Dre_of_chaos wrote:campers = easy targets, nade/mortar/snipe him

I don't object exactly, but a skilled sniper is usually on the move - at least enough to evade heavy weapon fire. Even more so if he can afford being shot and heal himself. And honestly, I really don't often see mortars bombarding remote sniping places instead of the crowded areas where kills are almost certain.

Damelon wrote:-- if they are going back to heal you can rush and kill them, its easy and all nothing about overpowering --

Otherwise I'd agree but usual sniping ranges are far too great to cover in the time the medic heals himself even from 1 hp to full.

Diamond wrote:disabled akimbo doesn't change anything (you still have rambo medics..). overpowered my ass, maybe 3%. adre + medpacks make them overpowered. everyone has akimbo, so why does it only make a medic rambo? --

Nobody probably feels that akimbo defines the rambo medic or makes people go rambo. However its lack is a compromise in the current settings where almost everyone thinks medics are clearly more powerful than other classes or even overpowered. It is a small step to reduce their strength while more larger and fundamental changes have not been made.

xochi wrote:
Smadje wrote:
xochi wrote:sorry to tell but if you are going to block that you can also say oh no the rifle nade is to strong put the damage down.

No Rifle is a classic weapon, and like sniper strong in a couple off cases, It is not overpowered.

Of this i just mean that it is also a strong weapon and that the nade power is just a bit to strong sometimes you get hit by one and your dead. But this i still like it is just a thingy i wanted to say he :D

Rifle has one good side regarding this discussion over sniper rifle: the 'nades drain your energy bar and effectively you have to balance between medic and weapon functions. Or at least you would, if the bar didn't regenerate at lightning speed and health packs weren't so cheap.

xochi wrote:
Smadje wrote:
xochi wrote:This is part of the game so why blocking it realy dont get it.
It is not part off game, as pointed out the standard setting is that you only can pick up weapons that are possible to respawn with from your class. It is made part off game.

well it is made part off the game that is why i find that after those few years it was set like this it doenst need to be blocked we are normal playing with that.

Sorry but your arguments seem to contradict. The server settings regarding the class weapons have been changed before so certainly it could be done again. After all the general opinion changes, even more so with all the other changes made to the game.

xochi wrote:
Smadje wrote:
xochi wrote: And about the rambo medics he, I want to know how many of people on ps or sometimes a rambo medic, I think more then 80%.
Is this an argument? I don't get it.

well you say that there are to much rambo medics, but the fact is that most of the people that say a stupid rambo medic and so on mostly of the time self are rambo medic.

If 80% of players play their medics rambo even occasionally, there's even more reason to dampen them. And no, I don't feel too many people would leave the server or be seriously angered by this. Maybe only those who only play medic and only so because of it being 'overpowered' and the best class in combat. And in that case it's just good riddance. Most other people would either play the other, now more prominent, classes or take a more supportive and team friendly role with the medic - based on personal preferences.

Smadje wrote:-- besides that ps1 doesn't run 1.2.9 so it can't be changed anyhow at the moment.

As hilarious at it may sound, should the medic be weakened and should the former route, ie. via weapon restrictions, be taken, this alone is reason enough to update to 1.2.9.

Edit: grammar
Quack!

Spam Kid

Postby c4f3r » Tue Sep 28, 2010 15:34

I would say life is brutal, not everything is always fair. If medic with snipe is overpowered than what about panzer/bazooka ? ^^ Panza kamikadze attacks which usually end with selfkil are kinda unfair also- in the matter of fact that suicider gets no dead in statisticts :lol:
I would say its just a game. But im not an Admin here and i cant allow or ban akimbo medics or snipa medics. My opinion is just - yes to akimbo and snipe and no to panza selfkills, teamkills or even spawnkills.
Thx to el.Wawa
I'm a pyromaniac. I flame for fun.

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010