Overpowered medic w/ akimbo ? Watch it with a scoped rifle !

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only

Medic with scoped rifles is

lame, so admins can't do anything
9%
overpowered, more than if he have akimbo
18%
just another enemy, I don't take care about him
74%

Total votes : 34
Spam Kid

Overpowered medic w/ akimbo ? Watch it with a scoped rifle !

Postby Shenkyen » Sat Sep 18, 2010 16:56

Server settings disallow medics to have akimbo because it overpowered them. The main use of akimbo is when the smg is empty and you switch to akimbo to finish your frag, it's kinda lame.

Server settings allow medics to have scoped rifles. They use it to camp in a safety place where they restore their life if they're hit. They're also overpowered by this way. And it's still lame.

So now, I just wanna know what is the definition of overpowered ?

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 17:21

You aren't first who have started a topic about this. But in my opinion this isn't lame or overpowered.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sat Sep 18, 2010 17:21

campers = easy targets, nade/mortar/snipe him

Official Member

Postby wuju » Sat Sep 18, 2010 17:27

Shenkyen u asked me about akimbos in PS1,

u told me about sniping medics and yee my answer was its

overpowered. When i start sniping i expect same oponent (maby more/less skilled)

but if we start with diferent hp its just not fair game.

Like Saukko said there was some discusions about weapons here in PS1

like:
http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... ght=akimbo

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... ght=akimbo

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sat Sep 18, 2010 17:42

just disable weapon pick up for medics :P
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sat Sep 18, 2010 18:47

Smadje wrote:just disable weapon pick up for medics :P

And then noq will become etpub :D
The whole point of NOQ is that u can pick any weapon with any class
Medic can also pick panzer mortar rifel or whatever , but fops with mortar isnt lame ?
It all comes down to how good u play so for me its just another enemy :)

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Sat Sep 18, 2010 20:44

Fefe wrote:
Smadje wrote:just disable weapon pick up for medics :P

And then noq will become etpub :D
The whole point of NOQ is that u can pick any weapon with any class
Medic can also pick panzer mortar rifel or whatever , but fops with mortar isnt lame ?
It all comes down to how good u play so for me its just another enemy :)

Actually, its just server settings, not NQ. NQ by default have this only as soldier lvl6 (or 7 or 8) and the server settings says its can be done by everyone

But on topic:
Medic with scope is pretty strong. But he dont spawn with it, he actually needs to get the weapon somewhere (thats not that easy sometimes) or spawn as cvop and find some dead medic (can be dangerous too)

More to add, he will eventually run out of ammo, and he can be rendered useless by skiled covop.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sat Sep 18, 2010 20:49

Shenkyen wrote:So now, I just wanna know what is the definition of overpowered ?

Code: Select all
overpowered
     adj : rendered powerless especially by an excessive amount or
           profusion of something; "a desk flooded with
           applications"; "felt inundated with work"; "too much
           overcome to notice"; "a man engulfed by fear"; "swamped
           by work" [syn: flooded, inundated, overcome, overwhelmed,
           swamped, engulfed]

hope i could help u. :P

ontopic: it's only possible to disable it to be able to pick up weapons for all classes, so if we would think about disabling it at all, it would also be a disadvantage for covert ops, beeing in suite of the opponent while not beeing able to take a mp40 f.e. to be more covered.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sat Sep 18, 2010 20:56

icefrost wrote:ontopic: it's only possible to disable it to be able to pick up weapons for all classes, so if we would think about disabling it at all, it would also be a disadvantage for covert ops, beeing in suite of the opponent while not beeing able to take a mp40 f.e. to be more covered.

And more powerfull sten/mp43 are weaker then mp40/tomsen also rifel and fg/bar are usually weaker or harder to handle (fg is pretty easy for me , as strong as panza in close range i think>> but for most isnt easy :) ).

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Sep 19, 2010 0:58

icefrost wrote:
Shenkyen wrote:So now, I just wanna know what is the definition of overpowered ?

Code: Select all
overpowered
     adj : rendered powerless especially by an excessive amount or
           profusion of something; "a desk flooded with
           applications"; "felt inundated with work"; "too much
           overcome to notice"; "a man engulfed by fear"; "swamped
           by work" [syn: flooded, inundated, overcome, overwhelmed,
           swamped, engulfed]

hope i could help u. :P

ontopic: it's only possible to disable it to be able to pick up weapons for all classes, so if we would think about disabling it at all, it would also be a disadvantage for covert ops, beeing in suite of the opponent while not beeing able to take a mp40 f.e. to be more covered.

Than it is just about thinking :P

Take single pistols and remove silencers from them to act as medic/any other class, take smoke nades as airstrikes, poison needle as medic needle. In my opinion not that a big deal :)
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:34

ontopic: it's only possible to disable it to be able to pick up weapons for all classes

Wrong and right..

NQ 1.2.9:

g_unlockWeapons - Picking up weapons per class.
// 1 - Soldier can pickup any weapon.
// 2 - Medic can pickup any weapon.
// 4 - Engineer can pickup any weapon.
// 8 - FieldOps can pickup any weapon.
// 16 - CovertOps can pickup any weapon.
set g_unlockWeapons 0

NQ 1.2.9

Pretty handy. g_unlockweapons 29 results that all except medic can pick up every weapon.

And more powerfull sten/mp43 are weaker then mp40/tomsen

You know.. Noquarter has Weaponscripts.
In meaning you could set up Sten as strong as MP40/Thommy.
Or even make it oneshot weapon.

Default strenght of Sten and MP34 = 14.
MP40 and thommy = 18.

Imo if i consider a difference of 4.. which is pretty much.. and additional overheating, the Sten and Mp34 are kinda overpowered by MP40 and Thommy.
The 200 spread instead the 400 spread of the MP40/Thommy doesn't make it much better.

So a strenght of 16 would be my choice :p

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 15:06

at ps5 only medics cant pick up other classes weapons
like element pointed out.. need to update ps1.. but atm most regulars prefer the older version
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Sep 19, 2010 17:11

i think we should try at least for 1 or 2 weeks. Medics can't pick up other weapons, other classes yes. And then see how people react :wink:

Official Member

Postby xochi » Sun Sep 19, 2010 17:41

i find it stupid to block that kind of thing I'm sorry but if you play the game and your a medic and you are sniping. Oke they will heal them selfs at every hit i know that , but if you throw a nade or launch a mortar or so they are still dead. Also when you are a normal guy and your in close combat the medic is than in disadvantage because he has only 10 shots or less and you have 30 and reloading the gun takes a few seconds. So still i find they may take every weapon.

I find only stupid are panzer guys that run to you or rifle naders and blow there selfs and you. that is same as selfkill in battle.

greetz xochi

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sun Sep 19, 2010 17:44

keep the settings, if they dont like it they can go to ps5 (they need the players anyway)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Sep 19, 2010 22:15

xochi wrote:i find it stupid to block that kind of thing I'm sorry but if you play the game and your a medic and you are sniping. Oke they will heal them selfs at every hit i know that , but if you throw a nade or launch a mortar or so they are still dead.

Like covert ops will survive when its get hit by a nade or a mortar. Totally NO argument. Medic sniping is pure bullshit. They can't have such a strong weapon when they spawn, so why should they be able to pick it up?
quoting deep:

Spam Kid

Postby Shenkyen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:02

FlowerPower wrote:i think we should try at least for 1 or 2 weeks. Medics can't pick up other weapons, other classes yes. And then see how people react :wink:

This is a good idea :)

Official Member

Postby Damelon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:51

medic with akimbos are more overpowered then the medic with sniper, they can camp but they havent got unlimited ammo and can be backstabbed easily, if you are an covert ops you pick up an enemy clots going back to them and sniping is more powerful then the single medic with sniper, if they are going back to heal you can rush and kill them, its easy and all nothing about overpowering, and sten its all about headshoting with sten, from about 200yd distance youneed about 12-15 headshot to kill the enemy and with sten you need about 6-7 witht the same distance. as i said its all about headshoting. sten has a main difference between thomsons and mp40s, they have heat i know but they are also more steady so you can kill the enemy easily from long distance my fav weap is still sten from years now

Server High Admin

Postby tomsen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:30

You can always find some reasons for or against akimbos. My own experience says that i'm using the Akimbos or the Colt if i'm fighting against more then only ONE enemy, because 30 bullets should be enough to kill one enemy.
The case is this: I'm fighting against someone else, i kill him/her but he/she also hits me. I have not enough time to reload my primary weapon (smg), so i take Akimbos or the Colt. I can't find and see any reasons to say that i'm overpowered in that moment.
Finally, it depends on your own skill, nothing more or less. No reason to cry or making a big deal out of it.
All in all, this "rule" makes PS1 a little bit special in my opinion.
Regarding to Shenkyen's statement, using a sniper weapons as medic is lame. I only can agree with it. The medic class is made to heal the team and breaking through the defensive line (rush).

tomsilicious :)
Last edited by tomsen on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47, edited 1 time in total.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:39

Medic always is stronger as other classes.
As said before.. to complete obj medic is really needed. Ofc not as rambo, but as rushing and healing + teamplay, ETPro players know what i mean.

But as stated. They need to heal.. they need to rush.. not camping and shooting from about 1000 meters.. for that you have the covert.

And for example if a Covert fights with a Medic in far range he is clearly underpowered.

Also this setting in NQ would prevent Medic take up.. Rifle.. FLAMER (which is really a pain) Sten.. MP34.. Garand.

Which results.. medics have a restriction.. but not in their fuctionality.. but in varity.

Now you can be a All-in-one class while taking medic.
Which makes more sense in taking other classes again.
Which makes them more effective.
Just remember how pain it is that medics get shoot in minas from far range and they can't take up garand to shoot back :)
And that's how it should be!

There should be covert which shoot.. and they need to heal them that they kill the enemies in far range.

I really don't see why it shouldn't be changed. There are only positives than negatives if it comes to the gameplay.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:25

disabling self-heal would do the trick aswell :)
quoting deep:

Official Member

Postby Damelon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:07

Smadje wrote:disabling self-heal would do the trick aswell :)

no, it could loose the fun of beeing the medic :P

Official Member

Postby xochi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 15:54

sorry to tell but if you are going to block that you can also say oh no the rifle nade is to strong put the damage down. Sorry but look to votes you see most don't care only those that want to say something about why it is good to block it. This is part of the game so why blocking it realy dont get it. And about the rambo medics he, I want to know how many of people on ps or sometimes a rambo medic, I think more then 80%. Oké if i play i try to break to line and heal the people but the problem is the people it self. Most don't dare to move and get killed no they all try to camp and shoot with more people like i mostly have the 3vs1. Well that comes because your own teammates don't dare to move.
And now why you want it away let me gues you got shot to many times by a medic with sniper rilfe will you were sniper. That also happens to me but i dont look at that it is just a game and that is part of it you have to learn to play with it. Blocking is only going to let the people go to outher servers. If you dont like that just go to a outher ps server where it is blocked, Tada and your problem is also solved they cant kill you with sniper. And on ps1 we still can shoot with it. I play now long time on ps1 and just think that this is a stupid poll and pointless. you see at votes that most dont care so dont block it then.

greetz xochi

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Sep 20, 2010 18:13

xochi wrote:sorry to tell but if you are going to block that you can also say oh no the rifle nade is to strong put the damage down.

No Rifle is a classic weapon, and like sniper strong in a couple off cases, It is not overpowered.

xochi wrote:This is part of the game so why blocking it realy dont get it.
It is not part off game, as pointed out the standard setting is that you only can pick up weapons that are possible to respawn with from your class. It is made part off game.

xochi wrote: And about the rambo medics he, I want to know how many of people on ps or sometimes a rambo medic, I think more then 80%.
Is this an argument? I don't get it.
xochi wrote:Oké if i play i try to break to line and heal the people but the problem is the people it self. Most don't dare to move and get killed no they all try to camp and shoot with more people like i mostly have the 3vs1. Well that comes because your own teammates don't dare to move.
And why should they be able to pick up other weapons for this? Tell me please

xochi wrote:And now why you want it away let me guess you got shot to many times by a medic with sniper rilfe will you were sniper. That also happens to me but i dont look at that it is just a game and that is part of it you have to learn to play with it.
Yes guess we all did get shot in this way sometimes. But it is not part off the game, so why should we allow medics to pick up rifles?

xochi wrote:Blocking is only going to let the people go to outher servers. If you dont like that just go to a outher ps server where it is blocked, Tada and your problem is also solved they cant kill you with sniper. And on ps1 we still can shoot with it.

Totally right, first correct point in your post. On the other hand: why not change it in ps1 aswell, when there is enough proof that it is better for the gameplay, I guess most players stay anyhow. People come to PS#1 because it is crowded, not because it has the best settings.
xochi wrote:I play now long time on ps1 and just think that this is a stupid poll and pointless. you see at votes that most dont care so dont block it then.

greetz xochi

Blocking it probably would be better for gameplay. On the other hand it is not that a big problem, people like it anyhow at ps1, and we have other servers to play with different settings, you could say the same for every topic for a server settings change :)

I agree with your point xochi, I think letting it like it is would be the easiest, besides that ps1 doesn't run 1.2.9 so it can't be changed anyhow at the moment.

Smad
quoting deep:

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Sep 20, 2010 19:04

disabled akimbo doesn't change anything (you still have rambo medics..). overpowered my ass, maybe 3%. adre + medpacks make them overpowered. everyone has akimbo, so why does it only make a medic rambo?

i define rambo medic as a lone wolf seeking for most kills, sprees and etc. accomplishing it by hes powers (adre, medpack and sniper f.e.), while camping some doorway... now think what would be the best thing to do, to stop this kind of activity from medics? hmm did some admin really think disabling akimbos will make them less rambo? i don't think so. if you want to get rid of rambo, you have to get rid of hes power, something the "medic class" has, that makes them always choose it. disabling self heeling is the best example.

medic with a sniper rifle, yeah its a issue, if it happens too many times. though i have a feeling it doesn't. but if there will be a great need to change settings fast, then disabling it for all classes, except cov ops, is the best idea.

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010