Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam Kid

sands of time - camping

Postby romanek87 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:07

for start 2 pics (i hope it works):

there isnt any sc or sk, but a permament camping
so i wanna whine a little :P
its very common on this map that you see ppl camping from the mountains
very often its a medic with a sniper rifle and if hes not dumb its almost impossible to kill him as long as he still have ammo

if the roofs on some maps are disallowed, maybe it should be disallowed too.
would like to hear your opinions about it.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:55

As far as I know, roofing is forbidden only in bugged maps.
I'm not sure 100% but these mountains aren't bugged, so it is allowed to camp there.
About the "nabbiness" :) of the campers we can discuss for hours but being nab it is forbidden in rulebook :) (otherwise someone would be never a PS member :roll: :D )

Official Member

Postby Evil » Tue Aug 31, 2010 14:22

issnt a littlebit the same as.

Code: Select all
Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC). SC will result in a warn (!warn, !slap, !burn, !fling, !throw, !gib) depending on the situation.

not that he is close to the spawn but from distance he shoot ppl who left the spawn from some meters.
just wondering :D

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 14:23

When there is no bug near or used bug to get somewhere you are allowed to stay there where you are. So you are allowed to stay on those mountains.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Talented Spammer

Postby Spaceman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 21:50

imo it's allowed, even if it is like Roma said camping sniper/medics it's just lame, but ppl can STILL do objective, we've made it before..

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:07

It is one of the few reasons why I have been requesting to remove that map :)
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Spam Noob

Postby Gummiklubba » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:36

i think its going on , on a lot of maps
the scenario is.. outside spawn is heavy fire from enemy and if the "enemys are good shooters/players" its hard to get a few meters away
in this case its about a sniper on sands of time but i guess it something we have to "deal with"
and if you start removing maps cos things like this.. i think a lot of maps should be removed..
one example is goldrush when allies wins second spawn and a lot of rambomedix in axis
almost camp on every "exit"
so my personal oppinion is to see that the teams are really fair with good and not so god (as myself) players mixed up propher...
then the gaming is fun regardless of what maps thats on...

Spam Kid

Postby sjonge » Wed Sep 01, 2010 13:34

Gummiklubba wrote:so my personal oppinion is to see that the teams are really fair with good and not so god (as myself) players mixed up propher...
then the gaming is fun regardless of what maps thats on...

I like having uneven teams. When I'm in the stronger team it is fun shooting the weak and when I'm in the weak team it is a nice challange to try to break out.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 14:43

About Sands of Time. I noticed, that when there are a lot of people (15 vs 15 for example) and allies are quite solid, such thing happen: axis of course claim ol city but then there is a huge space gap between old city and a temple in which is objective. It's very hard for axis to pass this area, to get close to the temple, because thery're being shoot off by snipers, meds, mg's, arty, (mortar?). Of course they can shoot back, but distance makes damage decrease and it's harder to kill allies, who can just hide or heal by the time. From this distance even 3 hs don't kill cov ops, so how can it kill med?? O_o Even if you finally kill'em, previously killed allies spawn back and so on.

Sometimes there is a worse scenario, when allies are so strong that they reclaim old city and axis go back to the first spawn ://

Of course sometimes axis are solid enough to push allies harder, and this area between city and temple belongs to them, which is best on this map, because there is constant close-range combat in or in front of the temple.

Anyway I rather dislike this map, whatever game looks like, so I'm also for removing it.

Amen :)

Spam Noob

Postby Gummiklubba » Wed Sep 01, 2010 16:30

Yeea Sjonge u got a point there :) i like that to sometimes, its a challange :)
but for some other guys i think they can go berzerk in their own teams from frustration :)
many bad sides are shown when "new players" get frustrated and start flame the own team :)

Spam Kid

Postby romanek87 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 17:58

DMG_Kowi wrote: but distance makes damage decrease

lol? its true or just "your feelings" about shooting from distance?

Gummiklubba please stay on topic, its not about a challanges in game/map but its about allies players behaviour on sands of time.

going up on this mountains as for me is bugged coz you can get there only by using double jump.

Thanks for answers :P good to know im not only one disliking this map/behaviour.

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Wed Sep 01, 2010 18:15

romanek87 wrote:going up on this mountains as for me is bugged coz you can get there only by using double jump.

you can get there without double jump too, this doesnt make it any less lame though

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Wed Sep 01, 2010 18:44

romanek87 wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote: but distance makes damage decrease

lol? its true or just "your feelings" about shooting from distance?

true for most weapons, but not true when sniping

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 23:38

yep, so meds got harder to shoot of snipas

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Thu Sep 02, 2010 15:10

g_falloff can be changed and in far range hs have normal damage.
Ofc if Server Owner(s) want to.

Spam Kid

Postby Shenkyen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21

cvops/medic are really lame indeed and rather unfair. Admins already remove akimbo for medic, they also should remove sniping rifle for medic. You got a guy taht can deal 50 damages with a single bullet and infinite life camping in a safety place where you can't frag him because :
1° he's lame
2° he can shot and destroy panza rocket
3° even if u headshot him with another snipe rifle, he'll just hide and heal until 156hp ...

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010