something to think of...

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam Noob

something to think of...

Postby Gummiklubba » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:24

dunno if i post this in the right place but still.. take the time to read it and please put it were it belongs...

found this on another servers web site

thought you mightwant to read it.. cos ive seen it on the servers, a few players use this unfair advantage

Fixed ping of 100

It has come to our attention that we seem to have a few players that are somehow able to play with a very steady ping of around 100, regardless of their actual ping, regardless of the actual serverspeed and regardless of actual routing they go through.

The consequence of this steady ping is twofold.

The first one is obvious, together with steady fps it will feel like a more stable connection is established giving the player a slight advantage over players whose ping and fps are fluctuating.

The second one is not so obvious. The player seems to be displaced, i.e. he is not in the location he seems to be. To make is worse, his opponent is exactly where he is supposed to be. The advantage gained needs no further explanation, this player is virtually unhittable.

We've had quite a bit of debate about whether or not this is possible and if so, legal.

The easy part first, is it legal? It's not considdered a cheat according to PunkBuster, on the other hand it's not something that can be set on the ET-config file. Given the advantage gained, it should be considdered not legal.

Now the hard part, is it possible? It could be, using some hardware and/or software it should be possible to create an extra delay in ping and calculating what is needed to get to an even 100. To test it further we pinged dozens of players, both with a normal ping and with a fixed ping and there we already found proof of this theory. That combined with our online testing between both good and average fraggers with both normal and fixed pings leads us to believe it is possible and probably done.

Since we still strongly believe it should be about Fun and Fairplay, we have decided to simply not allow players with a fixed ping of 100 on our server. The penalty is simple, you'll be banned.

It is not funny to play against someone you cannot hit, simply because he's got an unfair advantage. So be a good sport and either stop using it or have fun on another server

this was written by Evil...

heres what another guy called Diablo answered the ones who didnt agree ! in the following topics

The lag that is created from having the high ping is what the advantage is. Having the high ping combined with a decent comp and good connection makes it possible for u to act on a opponent and always be one step ahead. If u notice that with some players u get hit with bursts of bullits instead of a steady stream. Sometimes in one shot u get hit multiple times. And while shooting back u can see the hits and they make no hit sound and do no damage because the other player isnt really where u see that he is. I see this alot when i spec people there crosshairs wont even be close to enemy but still getting good shots and usually the kill. I have a pretty consistant ping on this server which is usually the lowest when im on. But i notice that when i run onto one of those players they seem to make me lag when they get close to me ...which usually ends with me screaming like a little girl for a medic. But i also noticed if i keep this person at a distance i can usually bust a cap in that ass...I see it alot and dont think its a accident either. but it can be done. And i dont mean just here...i see it everwhere. Its something for you to ponder...too me it means nothing IM JUST HERE TO KILL U Lets get the morning game going again

hope you understand what i try to tell u here with the fact that a lot of people feel they cant hit

Gummiklubba

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:30

Isn't that simply a cheat who makes you warp IG but not on your screen?
Not allowed afaik, if that's what you want to know.

Official Member

Postby Evil » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:57

"This whas writed by evil" :roll:

can u link the topic or was it on server?
surely cant remember anything atm of that conversation nor the topic post.
but ive nothing more to say then what goku did.
should not be allow.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 0:32

I dont get how person can have high ping but still aim the same ???
U dont hit the same... if u warp* then some ppl warp for u too like happend to with hoyl...

Spam Noob

Postby Gummiklubba » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:19

hello and thanx for the answers---

Evil i honestly dont remeber were i found this but i think it was from badlandsclan
the reason was : at the server were i used to be highadmin before we had problems with guys from the russian areas that used this ping advantage so i searched the whole net before i found this and i dont know how it works but this guys are in for monsterkills and they are not good players , you just cant hit them right...
we had one player that used to piss me off cos i always loose against him on the server i played when he was visiting with a ping of 98-105...
when i visited hes clan he had the ping of 50-55 and he was easy to kill (i played undercover at first)
both servers were in the same country :wink: not so far from eachother...

the reason why i wrote this is that i guess (only guess) that this unfair advantage also mess up the hitbox real bad like timenudge with a - walue
somehow the warping with steadyping doesent effekt the players shooting.. just makes u unhitable
i think u have a trouble with this on ps servers and i think its very hard to find a sollution for it but i guess it increases other players ping to
so i guess it effects everyone and the hitbox changes with the players who comes and goes..

i think its a cheat... pb doesent even knows about it i guess still its an unfair advantage for unskilled players...

Official Member

Postby Evil » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:21

Gummiklubba wrote:hello and thanx for the answers---

Evil i honestly dont remeber were i found this but i think it was from badlandsclan

Honestly i think u got the wrong evil or the so called badlandsclan you just make up yourself? els i wouldnt know the name.

anyhow

Gummiklubba wrote:the reason was : at the server were i used to be highadmin before we had problems with guys from the russian areas that used this ping advantage so i searched the whole net before i found this and i dont know how it works but this guys are in for monsterkills and they are not good players , you just cant hit them right...
we had one player that used to piss me off cos i always loose against him on the server i played when he was visiting with a ping of 98-105...
when i visited hes clan he had the ping of 50-55 and he was easy to kill (i played undercover at first)
both servers were in the same country :wink: not so far from eachother...

the reason why i wrote this is that i guess (only guess) that this unfair advantage also mess up the hitbox real bad like timenudge with a - walue
somehow the warping with steadyping doesent effekt the players shooting.. just makes u unhitable
i think u have a trouble with this on ps servers and i think its very hard to find a sollution for it but i guess it increases other players ping to
so i guess it effects everyone and the hitbox changes with the players who comes and goes..

i think its a cheat... pb doesent even knows about it i guess still its an unfair advantage for unskilled players...

Can only tell that timenudging is also disallow on our (most servers).
and ive no idea after all who this strange warping u talking about works.
and that pb cannot check or know.
but wouldnt be beter to inform and share them the information aswell or talk with them see what they can do about it?

again i cant realy answer since ive no idea after all this.

Spam Noob

Postby Gummiklubba » Tue Aug 24, 2010 13:18

http://www.badlandsclan.com/forums/

i really dont remember were i found the info cos it is a while ago and i remember i just stumbled upon it
nahh i wont make up things, thats a stupid way to inform :lol: and thats what this was about from my side
not to blame or accuse anyone.

the thing is ! i selected the part of the letter that was important and mailed it to another admin in our clan

i checked an old mailaccount and found it again so thats why...it ended here :)

and im sure the writer called himself Evil :)

just dont have the time to search it all up again

see us on the server Greetz

KEX

Official Member

Postby Evil » Tue Aug 24, 2010 15:37

well whoever that clan is,
and honestly that case that bring you here and (so bad i have nick evil)
but its 1 thing iam sure and thats i dont know the hole clan nor what (the other evil said)

but it wassnt me for sure u can count on that.

Spam Noob

Postby Gummiklubba » Tue Aug 24, 2010 15:55

Yes mate im sure u didnt wrote that and i never claimed you did :)

it was just another misunderstanding, unlucky some other "Evil" player wrote that
and i didnt think of u Evil

fine we cleared that out :)

rock on mate :)

Spam Kid

Postby sjonge » Tue Aug 24, 2010 18:13

This sounds like a strange theory.

Yes - when I shoot at people with a high ping I have troubles following their warp (lag). On the other hand whenever I have a high ping on a server everyone else seems to be warping a bit.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010