Medics: -adrenaline + akimbo

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam Kid

Postby sjonge » Thu Aug 12, 2010 16:35

You forgot to draw someone in the picture :twisted:

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 16:40

I knew I'd forgotten something! But let's stop being off topic :)

Spam Pro

Postby Lurtz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 17:57

I wont revive if I dont want.

Doesnt mean I dont heal at all. When there is such action I do.
Moreover, this is nq not etpro. There is bigger chance you will get teamkilled than revived.

Talented Spammer

Postby Kurrodo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 18:54

Lurtz wrote:

Moreover, this is nq not etpro. There is bigger chance you will get teamkilled than revived.

* -> still, it's not a reason not to rely on teamplay.
You may now think that trying to revive someone on NQ is not worth the risk of having one of you (if not both) killed, but running towards opponents alone is somehow riskier don't you think?
Plus, if you're a high-skilled player (don't know you, can't judge you) and don't revive less-skilled ones, the strongest ET experience they'll get is going outside of the spawn countless times and get overwhelmed without any help ==> no skill gain, which leads to a lesser teammate.

Personally i can't understand people thinking "NQ is not worth playing obj-wise so let's just frag" While objectives is the core of the game... This is not Unreal Tournament right? and as I like to think, medic was planned a support class and the actual rambos should be the soldiers. They have the big AoE guns and this is most likely, the first class you'll play with as a newbie. As we all know, newcomers are more skilled while playing the easiest-to-kill-with class, it's rather logical.

My point is, if they weren't seen as a noobish class, fraggers would be soldiers and helpers would be medics, so I believe they (medics) should be toned down according to the 1st page ideas, so they can fulfill their supporter role and nothing more, nothing less. While I can understand the fear of players who play as a medic all the time, I can't blame PS community when they try to fix this. If anyone, I'd blame ID software and Raziel, cause afaik he pointed out that playstyle.

Phew.

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 18:57

Kurrodo wrote:
Lurtz wrote:

* -> still, it's not a reason not to rely on teamplay.
You may now think that trying to revive someone on NQ is not worth the risk of having one of you (if not both) killed, but running towards opponents alone is somehow riskier don't you think?
Plus, if you're a high-skilled player (don't know you, can't judge you) and don't revive less-skilled ones, the strongest ET experience they'll get is going outside of the spawn countless times and get overwhelmed without any help ==> no skill gain, which leads to a lesser teammate.

Personally i can't understand people thinking "NQ is not worth playing obj-wise so let's just frag" While objectives is the core of the game... This is not Unreal Tournament right? and as I like to think, medic was planned a support class and the actual rambos should be the soldiers. They have the big AoE guns and this is most likely, the first class you'll play with as a newbie. As we all know, newcomers are more skilled while playing the easiest-to-kill-with class, it's rather logical.

My point is, if they weren't seen as a noobish class, fraggers would be soldiers and helpers would be medics, so I believe they (medics) should be toned down according to the 1st page ideas, so they can fulfill their supporter role and nothing more, nothing less. While I can understand the fear of players who play as a medic all the time, I can't blame PS community when they try to fix this. If anyone, I'd blame ID software and Raziel, cause afaik he pointed out that playstyle.

Phew.

iD Software is not to blame and raZiel is simply one of the best aimers who ever existed, he wasn't the first agressive medic / agressive player, and I personally dislike playing the soldier because if I get used to the slow panzerfaust I'll screw up with the fast one in etpro scrims so I'd rather stick to what I'm able to play without getting used to different settings.

Talented Spammer

Postby Kurrodo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 19:11

Saevio wrote:iD Software is not to blame and raZiel is simply one of the best aimers who ever existed, he wasn't the first agressive medic / agressive player, and I personally dislike playing the soldier because if I get used to the slow panzerfaust I'll screw up with the fast one in etpro scrims so I'd rather stick to what I'm able to play without getting used to different settings.

Well I know raziel is great but his aiming manual led to more and more rambo medics (or so I think, hence the afaik). But even if i'm wrong with this, it was the less important part of my reply.

concerning the soldier class, I'm just saying it's logical they have more "rambo potential" than medics. I don't want to talk about real life clichés but... medics heal and soldiers fire their big guns, that's it.

Ps: I'm on your side about rambos.

Spam Pro

Postby Lurtz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 19:34

I have been playing this game over 6 years, different mods, different servers etc etc ... its my self-learn.
Thats your point and I wont argue with that.

and yes, its not worthy unless he is someone I know ( a guy with brain & knowledge )
or there is none around.

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 19:59

Lurtz wrote:I have been playing this game over 6 years, different mods, different servers etc etc ... its my self-learn.
Thats your point and I wont argue with that.

and yes, its not worthy unless he is someone I know ( a guy with brain & knowledge )
or there is none around.

7 here and I don't see what's wrong with using nabs as a human shield ;)

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Thu Aug 12, 2010 20:38

Offtopic..

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Aug 12, 2010 21:11

Yes as eLe said keep it ontopic and by the way, if there will be akimbo with medics I will leave because it takes all fun away from the game. It's fine as it is. PS1 settigns are now good enough they don't need any changes.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:28

Saukko wrote:Disabling adrenaline and not taking akimbos back to medic would be the best choice. And adding infinite sygrines for medic. That would be heaven for me.

But for real I don't like the idea bringing akimbos back and removing adrenaline. I don't want those rambo medics back!!!

-*S

Saukko wrote:
eLemenT wrote:- Medic can't heal himself with medpacks, but can get the hp if some teammates takes up his medpacks.
- removing adrenaline
- removing hp generation.
- Medic HP reduced to 140 max.

-> NO 'rambo' meds.

This really made my day. This is how it should be! I'm really getting tired to this game because there are so many medics who doesn't heal and it makes me really mad. And it's all about that they are rambos. No more RAMBOS!!!

-*S

Saukko wrote:Yes as eLe said keep it ontopic and by the way, if there will be akimbo with medics I will leave because it takes all fun away from the game. It's fine as it is. PS1 settigns are now good enough they don't need any changes.

-*S

hmm... :D

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:48

Ps1 is actually the most crowded and so the main-server of PS.
No matter what you guys here think of the actual settings, they are "good" enough to keep the server an interesting place to play. And if you see the XP its not "only" beginners on this server .. (ok , some people with high XP are still newbies, see for example wuju or bowdown)... but nvm.
For sure its interesting to test some settings like for example the max hp for meds or the non-healing stuff is also interesting if you get used to it.

Its not first time this discussion starts.. in past we did poll and let regular players decide.. maybe this time with more options?
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:09

I wouldn't change anything, your settings are good enough and so as it is crowded all the time
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:57

Imho.

You should let the setting stay as they are. Even when you change setting, you'll ALWAYS have "rambo" medics, that's a fact. If you don't like the TK's and "rambo" medics, you should go to an other prime-squadron server. Or you should go play ETpro.

My advice: Just keep playing and having fun at ps1! :). Accept the TK's and sometimes laugh about them because maybe you also can make a TK. NQ is not a mod for playing obj, I think that's clear. So just keep playing and have FUN! :D:D

i look like some peacehippie .. :P
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:23

ye i guess a vote would just be fair, but ye, probably nothing will change cause the main-ppl like adrenaline too much i guess :wink:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Aug 13, 2010 15:53

lazy-lion wrote:My advice: Just keep playing and having fun at ps1! :). Accept the TK's and sometimes laugh about them because maybe you also can make a TK. NQ is not a mod for playing obj, I think that's clear. So just keep playing and have FUN! :D:D

So let's disable all classes except medic and add something like /nofatigue, than this game will finally be fun!

Get real.

Every server where et is getting played is for objective, doesn't matter what mod. Sadly enough some asocial fraggers found out that medic is the class where they have the highest chance to survive against other classes. They play the game ONLY for frags and headshots. (check deep his PS#5 comic, there you see the same). Their chances for this get improved by adrenaline, and they spoil there energy for healing teammates, and are only focused on hyperspeed fragging.

I want to return real gameplay to PS#1, and one off this steps is adapting the medic class more suitable for more correct gameplay.

Sadly also I can see that this spirit won't get shared by much others. Let the settings be as they are now, and forget this topic.

Smad out.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Noob

Postby toivoa » Sun Aug 15, 2010 16:58

Have to agree that adrenaline is much better (or worse, just what way you're looking at it ;) ) than the akimbo's.

Eventhough I never use adrenaline myself, I feel very annoyed when I give a medic enough damage that would normally kill it and they just don't seem to die because of their syringe which doubles their power.

I personally don't mind if it stays as it is or if it gets removed or changed. It's a bit annoying to me, though it doesn't really make that much of a difference all together to me.

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Sun Aug 15, 2010 19:26

toivoa wrote:Have to agree that adrenaline is much better (or worse, just what way you're looking at it ;) ) than the akimbo's.

Eventhough I never use adrenaline myself, I feel very annoyed when I give a medic enough damage that would normally kill it and they just don't seem to die because of their syringe which doubles their power.

I personally don't mind if it stays as it is or if it gets removed or changed. It's a bit annoying to me, though it doesn't really make that much of a difference all together to me.

At PS1 adrenaline gives you only speed, damage is not halved

Anyway, at basic ET the only class that have adre is medic. So I'd say remove adre from all classes except medic, and let them have 1 stick, it is quite fine imo. Most ppl will use it to move from spawn anyway...

And please, no akimbos for medic :)

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010