Mirror Cameras

Showcase your personal work and express your creative talents
Bronze Star

Mirror Cameras

Postby fluffY » Thu Dec 03, 2009 15:59

Hi there . If there already isn't a topic about cameras just delete this one i made.
So lets chat about any time of cameras, canon , nikon etc.
I personally have an Canon EOS 20D with the original canon EFS 18-55mm , using an HOYA 58mm UV(0) filter on it, it's great. also an TAMRON SP AF Aspherical XR Di LD (IF) 28-75mm 1:2.8 MACRO, using for macro shots .
I am not a PRO photo taker so i don't have my equipment really pro, it's decent.
i like to take photos of nature, little animals: bugs, spiders.
also of beautiful dogs. i really enjoy taking macro shots and photos with some actual meaning.I've been having this for 6 months actually only, so i'm quite amateur with positioning and everything else. Discuss you're equipment and also post ur favourite pictures or you're own pictures you like. I will be posting some here soon :)

Server High Admin

Re: Mirror Cameras

Postby RapidHail » Thu Dec 03, 2009 16:15

fluffY wrote:I personally have an Canon EOS 20D with the original canon EFS 18-55mm , using an HOYA 58mm UV(0) filter on it, it's great.

(...)

I am not a PRO photo taker so i don't have my equipment really pro, it's decent.

Well, yeah. Pro's doesn't use UV filters. They they know why were UV filters made for.
Can You explain why? ;)
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Bronze Star

Postby fluffY » Thu Dec 03, 2009 16:27

umm it's made to prevent UV light from coming through . used in sunscreens to protect skin or in photography to reduce haziness(idk if spelled right) or fogginess created by ultraviolet light. It's transparent to the visible light so i can use it for nearly every shot i take . I also use it for protection for the lens :P

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Thu Dec 03, 2009 17:45

fluffY wrote:umm it's made to prevent UV light from coming through

Your lens doesn't put through the UV on the normal land level (<4000m), cause they aren't made from quartz.

fluffY wrote:I also use it for protection for the lens :P

It's the most stupid think you could do. Remember that every one "glass" between sensor and light is lowering your resolution. There are more problems you can have with it.My lens is 3y old, and I don't see any scratches or anything ;) And i was using it at snow, in low rain, fog etc. etc. ^^ Just dipatch it, and forgot you ever had the UV filter.
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Bronze Star

Postby fluffY » Thu Dec 03, 2009 18:04

lol thx for the info, it may do some good for some pictures :)
Well i mostly use my Tamron. So i have nothing to do with the uv filter :P

Return to Arts & Crafts