regarding airfield assault map

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Spam Noob

regarding airfield assault map

Postby Mtdman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 23:07

Unfortunately an issue came up tonight (9:30 CET) while playing Airfield Assault. The issue was: my friend Judge was kicked for using the powercables to plant dynamite at the truck.

The powercable is a major part of the map, for allies and for axis. There is a switch in an area which is usually heavily guarded to turn the power to the powercable on or off. By using this switch, ie. turning the power off, one can climb up on the cables and move from building to building, starting close to the left side(west) allied spawn exit all the way to the west and east trucks.

The map itself highlights the significance of the powercable- all axis players can see if the switch is turned of or on by simply looking for the lightbulb icon in their HUD.

Using these cables is very, very different than trickjumping. In fact it is simply wrong to consider the use of these cables as trickjumping.

Axis has many different ways to defuse the dynamite once planted- they can tj over the wall at the west truck, the can use the doors to both east and west trucks from inside the building(which allies cannot use), and they can also use the powercable to get to the truck when the gate is still blown.

In other words allies do not gain a significant tatical advantage over axis by using the powercable to plant the dynamite at the truck. There is one advantage, if one can call it such, it only takes 30 seconds to blow the truck-and their are two trucks. But seeing as how axis has access to the same means that allies have for gaining access to the truck, and moreover they have additional means to reach the truck one cannot call the use of powercables a tactical/strategic advantage for allies.

I beseech the admins to contemplate what it means when they say that using the cables is trickjumping or by saying that one must plant dynamite first at crate (as Bigrat said, although I have no idea which crate he is refering too- if he means the gate, well the whole point of using the powercable is to not have to destroy the gate first). By insisting on such they are making rules which go against the intentions of the map makers, and basically any sense of fairplay on this map. If you do not like this feature of this map, perhaps you consider it a bug, please simply change the map. If you keep the map on the server please allow us to play the map and fully utilize the possibilities which are programmatically offered in the map.

thanks, mtdman out.

Talented Spammer

Postby Buuust » Thu Dec 04, 2008 23:51

I agreed with you , Mtdman
i think same that cabel is include with objectiv and you can turn power of/on ,i think its not tj or something,
u can go there with out DJ or TJ
so useng cabels must be abel (my view point)
lets see what others think! :wink:

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:08

Buuust wrote:I agreed with you , Mtdman
i think same that cabel is include with objectiv and you can turn power of/on ,i think its not tj or something,
u can go there with out DJ or TJ
so useng cabels must be abel (my view point)
lets see what others think! :wink:

+1

Veteran

Postby BigRat » Fri Dec 05, 2008 17:45

Tnx for the post Mtdman. U show us a nice point of view.
I don't want to write the same args. here, but according to my knowledge, there are some interesting adds to our situation. remember guys that most of the maps was made a while ago, NQ was a dream and no double jumping was allowed. This map, Airstrike, is a good example. In NQ now, an adre Engy can easly jump over the hangars roofs, cables, or over the fences. Such a situation often changes a balance in maps and spoiling game play.
And one more word... I am not sure, but your team-mate directly jumped over the fence and planted it on a truck...but i have no demo, or screen so I can't prove it. For sure i kicked him for TJ, not for using the electric lines.
If he used the lines... I apology, my mistake, never happen again.
But still imo blowing the crate is an objective in this scenario. It gives the time to axis engy, so any fence jumping (TJ) is not allowed.
Last edited by BigRat on Fri Dec 05, 2008 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

Spam Kid

Postby --Judge-- » Fri Dec 05, 2008 18:14

And one more word... I am not sure, but your team-mate directly jumped over the fence and planted it on a truck...but i have no demo, or screen so I can't prove it. For sure i kicked him for TJ, not for using the electric lines.

"i have no demo, or screen so I can't prove it. For sure i kicked him for TJ"
well just to let you know one thing BigRat - I didn't trickjump or doublejump to objective. I climbed up to powercables and from there i jumped down to truck several times (as I remember saying that on the server). Yet you say you kicked me for trickjumping... I can't remember when was the last time I trickjumped to objective on PS servers - if ever. And like you just said that you have no demo nor screenshot of me doublejumping over the gate since it is impossible for you to have them. I did not doublejump over the gate. In fact I have no idea what makes you think I djed over gate.

EDIT:
If the used the lines... I apology, my mistake, never happen again.

apology accepted

Judge

Veteran

Postby BigRat » Fri Dec 05, 2008 22:19

ok, tnx Judge. Stay peace, stay shine, stay online.
Ah and a big PEACE for the NC ppl :good:
hmm... locky time?

Spam Noob

Postby Mtdman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 23:48

glad for a peaceful resolution ;)

Thanks Bigrat...

ps. Judge can tj so good that it is *more* of a challenge to do things without tj'ing, his first question when he comes to a new server is always- is tj allowed?- as is the case on PS servers, tj is not allowed for the objective, and to my knowledge I have never seen Judge use tj for the objective on PS servers...when I try to tj, I spend about 2 hours trying to get one tj right, my tj skills naja, could not be much worse ;(

Talented Spammer

Postby Buuust » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:26

all clear now :wink:

locked!?

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Sat Dec 06, 2008 14:44

yep, cleared from the involved people by theirselve .. thanks

/locked
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008