adre

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Spam Pro

adre

Postby Edhell » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:08

Adrenaline.. ps2 is the only ps server when adre is boosting hp, its destroying a game play in my (and many other players) opinion :roll:

Is there possibility to turn it off? (at all or do it for speed only)

(wasn't sure if i should do poll abt it so i left some moderator ability to do so lol)

Server High Admin

Postby Zielobjekt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59

to disable it complete would be nice. would be something other because we already had adre on other servers.
dont wanted to say it again because i also talked about a while ago that this boosting hp is totally crap in my eyes.
when you wanted to take a flag or are near spawn for example blowing up the second tankbarrier at goldrush you will simply have no chance because they came all out of spawn with hyberboost to clear the area. also a engi has not realy a use for it because he needs his power for repairing or for dynas. it only makes rambomedics to more rambo that they already are.
Cry and you will cry alone, but laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!!!

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:01

also there r Covops who use it often, ex: getting fast from 1 point to another behind enemy lines. anyway if adre will be lost, then some ppl will lose the fun from this funmod (imo).

Veteran

Postby kica » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:11

well hp boosting is indeed sometimes shitty, but remember that at ps2 there is only 1 stick (until u will find some ammo :P )

imo if hp boosting on adre will be off, I think adre should boost stamina only and amount of adre should be higher like 3 or 5 but without "regenerating" it via ammo

Talented Spammer

Postby CyberApe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 13:39

1 adren is more then enough. Maybe we can put it out. Many better..

peace.
Image Image

Talented Spammer

Postby C00L3R » Tue Nov 11, 2008 13:53

HAhaha u finally posted Eddy :D

Maybe 1 adre that boost ur stamina no hp :)

Spam God

Postby nick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 15:35

or maybe only 1 stick, WITH hp boost, but there wont be a way to get them back --> they're not in ammo-packs?

Spam Kid

Postby Infoter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 18:53

1 adre stick but only for medic. it was good way i think. every class have "bonus" which make it very good. adre should be only for medic i think.

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Tue Nov 11, 2008 18:58

Infoter wrote:1 adre stick but only for medic. it was good way i think. every class have "bonus" which make it very good. adre should be only for medic i think.

Hmm....

ok.. medic since he can heal himself.. and he have more hp ... and can revive his team mates to help him.. rly have NO bonus .. not at all. :roll:

And you went in drasticly other direction.. most ppl want it turned off coz of godlike medics ... and you want it only for medics to make 'em ubergodlike?

Spam Pro

Postby SoulSaverNL » Tue Nov 11, 2008 19:04

Yeah but most people are playing on PS2 because of fun, so 1 adre shouldn't be a problem I think, don't know if people care if it will be only for medic.

Talented Spammer

Postby C00L3R » Tue Nov 11, 2008 19:09

Nah rambo medics rule :)

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Tue Nov 11, 2008 19:18

Adre = longer spawnshield imo. I usually use it when I leave spawn.
On PS#1 and such I always get killed by nade/mortar/explosive, especially when its capturable. Imo 1 stick and all boost is best.

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Tue Nov 11, 2008 19:35

one stick all boosts btw 2/3 sticks and only hP

then all classed expect medic maybe, but not only medic
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Tue Nov 11, 2008 19:40

GoldenBullet wrote:Adre = longer spawnshield imo. I usually use it when I leave spawn.
On PS#1 and such I always get killed by nade/mortar/explosive, especially when its capturable. Imo 1 stick and all boost is best.

.. :roll:

not every ppl are using adre only for spawn exit.. one medic with adre can do easily most of objectives since defenders don't have hp boost ?

Adre for hp boost is the only factor which is disrupting skills ( skills < adre ).. one medic with adre have more hp than 2 engineers.. hax for me lol :oops:

well maybe we should make script which is gibing anyone who will dmg ppl with adre.. coz its almost same effect..

Spam God

Postby nick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 21:15

lol ed xD what we could do is nerf the hp-boosting part, so its not that uber, but still a bit uber if you get what i mean :P and we could even consider making adre for every class EXCEPT medics :P if that possible though...

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Tue Nov 11, 2008 22:02

nick wrote:lol ed xD what we could do is nerf the hp-boosting part, so its not that uber, but still a bit uber if you get what i mean :P and we could even consider making adre for every class EXCEPT medics :P if that possible though...

Sure we can.. we can consider everything.. but still main decision is not to be made by us :P
Then i can give you another exaples .. which mades this boost hax-like..

What i mean is that hp-boost is disrupting proportions between dmg which i am giving to Adre-one and dmg im getting from him. This is basic thing in ET, sure you will tell me that adre is made for ET.. But there are many things for ET which are disabled because ppl hate it :P

Besides.. adre is on this server for a long time .. little (or longer) break can't be bad to anyone :|

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 0:22

Medics are already OP imo.

They are 1 of the best classes ESPECIALLY ON NQ.

Reasons:
1. More HP = pwnage. Someone who is able to shoot quite nice will hardly ever get killed. Giving it adre makes it completely unstoppable.

2. He can heal himself, causing the hit and run style of play. For example when you are in a 1v1 vs an engi you get shot, run away, heal, come back and own him while he is on low HP already because he COULDNT heal.

3. Regeneration, this is 1 thing which people tend to forget. Besides the fact that Medics ALREADY have more HP, they also heal automatically, which requires even more shots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can start by saying classes like Field Ops and Panzers are OP as well but this just isnt true.
Field Ops ALWAYS needs to share their support powers, when you play with people who lack game knowledge, they usually tend to ruin the class by launching random supports/arties.

Panzer or most of the time soldiers as a whole, are 1 shot 1 kill. They tend to live very short because they need to get really close(flamer) or can only shoot once(panzer) before the enemy is already close and mortar is pure luckshots.

Conclusion: Giving a medic Adre already sucks but giving it an HP boost sucks even harder. They dont need it(other classes cant use it as well because they NEED it for other things) because they already have their advantages. Besides that in most maps there are ammo boxes enough so 1 stick doesnt matter, LOL(unless its 1 stick in the whole game).

Spam God

Postby nick » Wed Nov 12, 2008 13:30

thats why i think they shouldnt be in ammo-boxes anymore =D that way they can be controlled :P

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Wed Nov 12, 2008 20:20

nick wrote:thats why i think they shouldnt be in ammo-boxes anymore =D that way they can be controlled :P

by typing /kill by adre freaks only to get adre ? :roll:

Spam God

Postby nick » Wed Nov 12, 2008 21:52

/kill sucks, cause ur charge-bar is empty. and that way they've got to respawn again and they lose their sprees and have to wait for spawn, move to front and they lose a lot of their time for what is it 15 secs bonus??? i dont think so...

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 23:52

LOL, who cares about killing sprees???

Spam Kid

Postby Infoter » Thu Nov 13, 2008 16:02

Edhell wrote:...

ok.. medic since he can heal himself.. and he have more hp ... and can revive his team mates to help him.. rly have NO bonus .. not at all. :roll:

sorry. i didn't think about it, your right. :oops:

so, i think that you should to disable adre for all classes..? it will be good way. but don't enable panzers and venoms. its big sh*t.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 17:26

Why disable it for all classes? For other classes its a disadvantage except for covie.

Spam God

Postby nick » Thu Nov 13, 2008 17:38

i care about sprees 8) simply cause sprees are a proof of skill --> a panzer can get the highest fragger, only really skilled ppls can get high sprees...

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 18:32

But what if someone does selfkill, camps at the spawn uses mortar or just lames?

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008