SC or not SC?

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Spam Noob

SC or not SC?

Postby GRZMOT » Mon Nov 10, 2008 0:02

SPITFIRE had ~20 spree and i didnt saw him around spawn...so i went spec.
He said its not SC,and he saw few ppl shooting from there withaout any warns....but in my opinion it is, because if someone want to kill him must go into spawn area i think.
Heres the demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzqiinmy1xo

Is that SC or not SC?:>

@down
"...i didnt saw him around spawn"

yeah, because you was inside :P
Last edited by GRZMOT on Mon Nov 10, 2008 0:40, edited 1 time in total.

Spam Noob

Postby SPIT » Mon Nov 10, 2008 0:30

Hello!

"...i didnt saw him around spawn"

Correctly, I think :)

"...if someone want to kill him must go into spawn area i think."

Actually, I got shot by MP40's about 8 times while I was mortaring from that position. Those MP40 gunners were shooting either from near the fence close to the ammo/med point, or from the room adjacent to the bar (spawn). They were shooting at me or people attacking them, not at people in the spawn area (for as far as I could see ofcourse).

Greetings!

Spitfire

Veteran

Postby Ponton » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:00

I dont know why betihno dont slap you when you spawn camping... You have wrong opinion Spitfire... Next time when i see when you spawn caping at venice i slape you... Grzmot have right... PPL must spawn kill to kill you and this is next break rule... Read Rule Book about spawn camping and spawn killing... I copy some about spawn kill and spawn camping

No Spawnkilling (SK) or Spawncamping (SC)

Killing the enemy in his own Spawn (the players' starting locations) is NOT allowed and is considered Spawnkilling (SK), this includes; walking into enemy spawn, shooting into enemy spawn from a distance.

This rule applies to ALL weapons!

Spawnkilling is a serious offence and will most likely result in a warn (!warn, !burn, !gib) possibly followed by a kick, temporary ban or permanent ban (depending on the situation).

Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC). SC will result in a warn (!warn, !slap, !burn, !fling, !throw, !gib) depending on the situation.

Gratz for Grzmot ;) :beer:
Image Image

Spam Noob

Postby SPIT » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:57

Aloha,

The matter here is wether it was spawncamping or not. As I tried to explain, Ponton, it wasn't hard to kill me as an axis player without being accused of spawnkilling.

Greetings!

Spitfire

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20

ok, to make it short, Spit you was indeed spawn camping :wink: ; the risk is to see axis players use this argument to shoot in allies spawn etc ..., so next time avoid using your mortar near your spawn area.

Veteran

Postby Ponton » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:38

Next time i try to write it shorter :roll: :P
Image Image

Spam Noob

Postby SPIT » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:39

Ok :)

I am confused though. So here are some questions, which you might want to answer. Thanks in advance for answering.

"...the risk is to see axis players use this argument to shoot in allies spawn etc". Maybe the rules are a bit foggy about this? Since it was no actual camping from the spawn.
Another question then: what about the MG near the exit of the cabin (first axis spawn in Transmitter map)? Shooting that MG gunner could be used as an excuse to spawnkill anyone leaving the cabin, right? And what about people shooting from the roof of that particular cabin? I think there are quite a number of situations which are similar to the Venice-mortar-situation which are not being regarded as spawncamping, don't you think so?

Have a nice day!

Spitfire

Gold Star

Postby Croft » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49

Moostly Span Camping heppens after Span Killing!
Acting >> Reaxtion
See You at PS# 1, 2, 4 & 5

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04

ya, every map is different, some got their shitty situations, some not.

first of all: The maingoal of our rulebook is to keep the gameplay (no matter in which map) clean and fair. Its is not about drawing imaginary lines in a (spawn-) area and everyone who crosses them is directly banned or gibbed. We just want fair play and i think everyone who ever has been victim of spawnkilling knows what i mean.
So it is of course a difference, if the axis teams kills the MG-Nest-Man at transmitter to destroy the bridge or camp with whole team around that MG-Nest to kill all respawning allies the whole time.
Then its up to some experienced players, regular or members in allies team to tell their mates to fall back (in this example behind bridge)

Worse than the MG at transmitter is the MG in Supply Depot (2 or 3). Its ir rly directly in spawn. So using this MG is SC, ok.. but you will never find enemies to shot unless Axis are directly in front of spawn where they dont need to go to defend the forward bunker.

About shooting from roof (in transmitter).. well mostly that will be snipers, shooting back is no prob, because allies spawn in house and are protected by hill if they go out. Well, if u want to go to the roof to knife them, thats not easy without going danger to meet some fresh spawned leaving the spawn. But imo it dont disturb the fair gameplay if few snipers at the roof.. specialy at ps1 u got enough snipers to snipe back^^

Well.. like you said. You can find for sure much maps with shitty situations... but imo very difficult to make rule for every "meter" around the spawn area.

At other servers i saw there are FIXED spawnareas, for example after breaching wall at oasis it is not allowed to kill anyone behind the broken wall ruins (out from axis sight). Thats for me a bit too "overruled", little variable playing should stay available, but always within the maingoal: fairplay.

If u think u find discussable situation at server, just contact an admin.
In case of doubt: the admin is right :)
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Spam God

Postby nick » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:26

sebbel wrote:Admin is right :)
:rofl: whaha

anyways: spawncamp is hanging around in the area of the spawn, and in some maps that is strictly the 5 square meters in which you spawn, and in some maps its much more, it depends on how you can reach it: if you cant reach a place without goiing through a spawn (or at least shooting) then i would consider it sc

Spam Noob

Postby SPIT » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26

That's what I thought too Nick :P
I got shot quite a few times by people who were aiming for me, without shooting in or through the spawn. Anyway, I won't use that spot in Venice anymore for mortaring :)

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008