Can we vote for change a map!!!

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Gold Star

Can we vote for change a map!!!

Postby RaiderPL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:43

This is my question. Can we vote for change a map? Of course the vote will be start PS members.
44 mates and diffrent servers, sometimes most players want change a map, like yesterday -|PS|-Varoth change a map for him self dont ask any players and he said: - This map its better!!!. After he tried fixed this and he said OK we can VOTE!!! But was to late!!!
Can we change that or not!!!
I'm waiting for answer!!!. This is my suggestion :D
Last edited by RaiderPL on Wed Oct 22, 2008 14:45, edited 4 times in total.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:42

Do you mean with change map with !nextmap or do tou mean change map in camaign like here http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... pic&t=4752
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:38

I exactly ge what Raider mean. Votes are totaly disabled in PS1 and i will keep it like this cause i don t realy see a need there. When the server is full, i just let run the normal rotation, as i know you play pretty late in the night and when there is only few players around, in this case when there is a ps member around, a little talk can make you all agree about the nextmap, still no need to enable votes imo (as we do when i m in server with you, Bethin,On1, ... :) .

Now about Varoth, i can t judge him, depend on the situation, it s also one of his duty to choose the map if for exemple he think that he map is too big or complicated for the amount of players etc ... But well if he just changed the map only for his own wishes, well he was simply wrong :wink: .

Gold Star

Vote

Postby RaiderPL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 14:31

Thanks for u answer Bowdown :wink:

I know that when server i'ts full we play normal and I agree with this. We can VOTE when this is necessary.
Can u imagin when u ask 15 players - Who want next map??? And than u waiting for answer. Skills players give u answer very fast but some players, don't reading u question
I mean can u put VOTES than and everyone will be know what happend.
Big YELLOW lettrs DO U WANT NEXT MAP!!!
That will be good for everyone
Of course Bowdown u have right we play at night sometimes 6 players and very big map!!! If u there everything it's OK. That is diffrent topic about smallers map rotation at night.. :D

Bowdown I know it's very hard make happy all players, but we still can talk. :D
Thanks anyway!!!
Last edited by RaiderPL on Wed Oct 22, 2008 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Gold Star

Answer

Postby RaiderPL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 14:38

Saukko wrote:

Do you mean with change map with !nextmap or do tou mean change map in camaign

I mean Saukko !nextmap I don't wanna change campagin maps, becuse this is good rotation.

Veteran

Re: Can we vote for change a map!!!

Postby Varoth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 14:47

RaiderPL wrote:This is my question. Can we vote for change a map? Of course the vote will be start PS members.
44 mates and diffrent servers, sometimes most players want change a map, like yesterday -|PS|-Varoth change a map for him self dont ask any players and he said: - This map its better!!!. After he tried fixed this and he said OK we can VOTE!!! But was to late!!!
Can we change that or not!!!
I'm waiting for answer!!!. This is my suggestion :D

Are you joking here or something? :? At least 6-7 persons asked for next map, so I asked if anyone objects, one person did, then I asked a few more times like I always do, so there won't be any surprises. No one else showed any objection so I said I'm going to do !nextmap, I did, and then about 3 people asked 'why did you change map?'. I explained, and you guys said I should have done vote, and I told you vote is disabled for map so I couldn't start a vote. You may check the serverlog and find out that I speak the entire truth.

Perhaps to you it's nothing, but to me it's not very amusing that you tell lies and make me sound like an A-hole :?

Gold Star

Answer

Postby RaiderPL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 15:00

Varoth wrote:

You may check the serverlog and find out that I speak the entire truth.

Ok we can check that, but I don't blame u. U are Ps member and u can do it what did u want. If u ask some players about change a map Ok I don't mean but i'm sure some players was not happy include me!!!

And one more Varoth I never lying!!! 6-7 pepole ask u about change a map tell me now how many players was playing in tis day!! I think was more like 7!!!

Code: Select all
and I told you vote is disabled for map so I couldn't start a vote

That why we can change this,
Last edited by RaiderPL on Wed Oct 22, 2008 15:22, edited 8 times in total.

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 15:01

I agree with Bowdown. Votes for mapchange should stay disabled.
And I dont see any problem in what Varoth did, from what he says it was a standard procedure....

btw, lying never works out :D

Veteran

Postby Varoth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 15:23

We changed map MLB Carnage into UJE00 and you say that I said 'this map is better!'. Well, firstly, I hate UJE00 and would have much preferred playing the previous map. Secondly, I didn't mind playing MLB Carnage, I just noticed so many wanted to change map so that's why I started asking if people wanna change it. And also, saying that I changed the map just because I felt like it and didn't ask anyone is not true, and as you know, saying something not true = lying. I have nothing more to add to that, all I can say is that I ask Bow to post the log of this event and you'll witness yourself which of us is wrong.

Gold Star

Postby RaiderPL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 15:26

Wastl wrote!

Code: Select all
And I dont see any problem in what Varoth did

Wastl this not impotant, becuse I'm agree with Ps members. If they change a map they change.

Read topic and than give an answer

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 15:51

Read my post.

Spam Pro

Postby EminYY » Wed Oct 22, 2008 15:56

yep wastl i was there to varoth asked ppl to do !nextmap and almost everybody said yes and he did nextmap. he tried to do/callvote nextmap but didnt work

-eminy

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Wed Oct 22, 2008 17:38

The only times i see people screaming for next map is when they dont like the map or the map seems one sided.
For example; Venice..Allies spend 20mins trying to get the tank over the gate. Axis defence is too strong and allies are 'semi-spawnkilled'

I'd prefer it stays off, There isnt really a good reason to change maps (exept fata Morgana on overtime) besides, Bowdown is quick enough to respond to disliked maps. :)

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Oct 22, 2008 17:58

Btw, the topic is not about checkin if varoth or Raider say truth or no, both can fix it in private if they want. Raider, i understand your request, but seems you did n t get me :wink: , if ever i add votes, only PS HA will be able to use it, so if you will belate in the night without any around it would be usless anyway :wink: , in the other h and if there is me or any other HA around, well you could ask him directly and he could decide, having votes is still usless imo. Personaly i m against changing maps when server is pretty full, so it will only be sused when we have less tha 8 players in the server, in this case simply talk and discuss and choose together, not realy a matter if 1 or 2 will disagree :wink: .

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008