Over-moderation

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Spam Noob

Over-moderation

Postby KriZ » Sun Oct 19, 2008 23:03

I've had it with the overmoderation on the PS servers. It seems like admins feel it's necessary to act on every small thing they don't like.

- I've been kicked in a map for spawnkilling, the map was new to me and I didn't know there was a spawn there... kick without warning.

- I've been warned for TK... because I shot someone who was standing in a door opening and had a bug so couldn't move anymore, but he was blocking the complete team... killing him is a way to help the team and should not have been punished.

- Kicked again because I sniped someone in their spawn... well excuse me, but snipers were all the time shooting from there, and I can't blame them, it's an excellent sniping spot for them... but then don't kick me for SK and not kick them for SC.

About SK: it's the most stupid rule I've ever seen! Teams always have a chance to defend their spawn! If you let the enemy take control of your spawn, then you have a very weak team, and then it doesn't matter if they kill you inside spawn or just right outside... that 2 seconds extra don't make the difference. :?

Do admins have to reach a monthly quota for kicks and bans maybe? Do they get a medal for kicking the most people?

I came to play for fun with good intentions, not to break the rules, and what do I get?

I've been admin on [BTC] for 3 years or something so don't tell me it's impossible to be nice to players and do your admin job... it's a possible combination, with mutual respect!

Don't expect respect if you don't give it back.

Have fun playing everyone, but you won't see me on PS servers anymore.

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Sun Oct 19, 2008 23:18

Before it gets locked and flagged as useless... xD

I like the admin presence. Although you cant remove grenade launchers, stop medics healing themselves and all the other piss taking stuff....at least rule breaking arse tarts are one less things to worry about n__n

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sun Oct 19, 2008 23:57

You are kicked by me, i did n t stoped sending message with big red letters about spawn killing and the risks to all players, after 10 times i have some doubts that someone could miss them or maybe you was just connetced, btw i was alone to check axis spawn and after so many warns, come the time of action and i wont realy take care who is already warned or no, a 2 mn kick most be enough to make players understand our rules.

But the way, you are free to find the spawn killing rule stupid and we are also free to run what we think is the best for fun and teamplay in our servers.

Bye

Server High Admin

Re: Over-moderation

Postby Daghel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 0:35

KriZ wrote:
- I've been kicked in a map for spawnkilling, the map was new to me and I didn't know there was a spawn there... kick without warning.

Had hope that you already understand it, seems not...
I already explained all there, i don't like to repeat myself:
http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... pic&t=7079
If you was so great admin you should know how to look at map in limbo menu and check all spawns before start to play new map.

KriZ wrote:Do admins have to reach a monthly quota for kicks and bans maybe? Do they get a medal for kicking the most people?
I came to play for fun with good intentions, not to break the rules, and what do I get?
Don't expect respect if you don't give it back.

Sarcasm is not needed. Show a minimum of respect to people who spend their money to give you a possibility to play.
If you can't understand few simple rules its not means that admins don't know how to do their job. Bowy said the rest i wanted to say. Bya bye.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Noob

Postby KriZ » Mon Oct 20, 2008 19:26

Daghel: I was very frustrated because of your very strict adminning at that time, but ok, one time, no problem. But 3 times like this in such a short time is really too much.

If someone constantly breaks the rules, give them a warning. If they keep doing it, give another warning or kick. It might take a little more time then just kick for every mistake someone makes, but if you're a good admin, you do what it takes to please your players.

I had good intentions, and therefore I should not have been punished.

If you don't have patience, you're not made to be an admin.

Veteran

Postby kica » Mon Oct 20, 2008 19:55

KriZ wrote:If you don't have patience, you're not made to be an admin.

When server start to look like mess cuz of sk ,sc and amount of admins is not enought there is no time to warn each player for every single rulebreak.
in that situation I usually do same thing as Bowdown did - type couple time in main chat big Warning about punishment of rulebreaks and if player still rulebreak he get puishment

and as u said before u were admin - so u probably know that sometimes server look like mess and radical moves are only way to keep server "clean"...

Spam Kid

Postby W4RL0RD » Mon Oct 20, 2008 19:59

BOWDOWN wrote:You are kicked by me, i did n t stoped sending message with big red letters about spawn killing and the risks to all players, after 10 times i have some doubts that someone could miss them or maybe you was just connetced, btw i was alone to check axis spawn and after so many warns, come the time of action and i wont realy take care who is already warned or no, a 2 mn kick most be enough to make players understand our rules.

But the way, you are free to find the spawn killing rule stupid and we are also free to run what we think is the best for fun and teamplay in our servers.

Bye

Sorry to intrude but just want to point it out and many would agree with me...most admins here RARELY (and i mean on VERY rare occasions) kick or ban some1 without at least 2 warnings...in that map i remember bowdown saying allies dont spawnkill in red and caps over 10 times and he had already warned round 2 other snipers( if i remember Betinho and sum1 else) for sking from the very same spot u were in...not that ure over exaggerating its just that its very impossible to keep up with every1 at the same time especially when PS 1 is full most of the day...Re consider ur thoughts and enlighten us...as an experienced admin for over 3 years...How can u possibly keep up with all the activities on a full server? Just a little patience from the player when they DO make a mistake (no1 is perfect..every1 is human) and the server will run very smoothly...

Sorry again but just wanted to voice my opinion

Cheers

[MLT]--=M4YH3M=--

Edit: sme things i wanted to say was in Kica's post so don't takt any notice...sory i was still writing the post when he posted his
--=Every day is a battle..whether a physical or a mental battle..truly focus and you will undoubtly get there=--

--=W4RL0RD=-- a.k.a --=M4YH3M=--

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 20:42

KriZ wrote:Daghel: I was very frustrated because of your very strict adminning at that time, but ok, one time, no problem. But 3 times like this in such a short time is really too much.

I had good intentions, and therefore I should not have been punished.

If you don't have patience, you're not made to be an admin.

As Warren said it in that other topic and i totally agree with it: "drastic rulebreaking ask for drastic measures". Situation at server was serious, half of axis team was fooling around in allies spawn, second half was throwing arty on flag in market square...

And we are not warning people for good or bad intensions, but for things they did. You killed me in my spawn, thats a fact. :wink:

Admins are also humans, and got our limit of patience. One admin will mute you instantly after one bad word, other will react after 5min of cursing. And to be honest i think im the one of the softest admins here. :P But after my spam with big red letters (i think its the same like Bowy did at PS#1) i dont like to be ignoring. And also i said it earlier i kicked few guys for sk and throwing arty at flag, and before that i warned part of them. But when i saw that warnings are definatelly not effective in that moment i reached for more harsh methods. And its not even about patience but about the time. I didnt had time to check for who this map is new and for who not. You was the potential troublemaker. And the main goal for this moment was to decrese amount of troublemakers to minimum. You can think how bad admin i am and how unfair i acted, but that's how things are. Always when i see a poor newbie (and its a part of admin skill to recognize who's new and who's breaking rules by purpose) im putting him into spec mode and trying to explain everything slowly. But - i will say it again - didnt had time for that. It was a time for actions not for asking. Why you didnt said earlier that this map is new for you and you don't know the rules? :?

@Warlord

It's not an Unban Request or Admin Abuses section so there's no need to sorry, you are free to say your opinion. :wink:
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:30

The discussion is again go nowhere imo, i can undersatnd you to be frustrated by kickin out the server ingame but you can also understand the admin's one when they screamin, warninin and gibin players around and still see that some continu to break rules. Once again, by my experience i know that a 2 mn kick is more effective than a simple warn, players like test your limits and you patience, well it s a kind of games between them and admins, no need to go mad if you loose it :wink: . For me it s pretty simple, what you prefer, a 2 mn kick withch for sure can offence/disapoint but at least teach you our rulesn or have nothing since the day you will have a harder punishment? for me the answer is clear. We have rules and we have clear punishment if you don t respect them, no need to come and cry around here if you was busted by an admin, just respect it and don t do it again, and be syre that you wil have our PS admins. SHit canhappens and we all can do mistakes, the important thinks is what we learn by thos emistakes. Your problem is that instead of learnin, you come and argue with admins and for me with pretty weak arguments. So, we enough sai about the way we act, you are free to disagree, at least you are also free to quit our servers for "cooler" servers, it s up to you to play in server srunin by rules or on those with a great anarchy, 2 styles of servers and i can understand each one can have his own fans :wink: .

The discussion is finished from my part

Spam Noob

Postby KriZ » Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:43

I think rules are a guideline, to help achieve the goal: fun for all players.

Like, sometimes an admin does nothing when one team gets slaughtered map after map, it's really shitty for that team but the admins don't do anything (I've seen admins make fair teams and shuffle, I'm not complaining). In my opinion that's a lot worse than one SK, which is in the end just a result of unbalanced teams.

And still my experience tells me that it is possible to warn each player individually before kicking.

When I became admin, the first thing I heard was 'dont be happy, you wont be able to play much anymore'. If you're admin, you have to be prepared to be spec for hours just doing admin work.

Sure you can also play and kick whoever annoys you but in my eyes, that's not very good.

No offence to anyone, have fun playing and maybe I'll see you sometimes in another game or something. :)

Official Member

Postby Evil » Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:51

KriZ wrote:I think rules are a guideline, to help achieve the goal: fun for all players.

Like, sometimes an admin does nothing when one team gets slaughtered map after map, it's really shitty for that team but the admins don't do anything (I've seen admins make fair teams and shuffle, I'm not complaining). In my opinion that's a lot worse than one SK, which is in the end just a result of unbalanced teams.

And still my experience tells me that it is possible to warn each player individually before kicking.

When I became admin, the first thing I heard was 'dont be happy, you wont be able to play much anymore'. If you're admin, you have to be prepared to be spec for hours just doing admin work.

Sure you can also play and kick whoever annoys you but in my eyes, that's not very good.

No offence to anyone, have fun playing and maybe I'll see you sometimes in another game or something. :)

u make 1 point warn peaple but most admins dont warn if regular or guest say.
ok we can go spec for minute to spec but atleast need to see in own eyes before we even start giving warns kick ban out not on a word of a regular or guest!

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Oct 20, 2008 23:16

KriZ wrote:About SK: it's the most stupid rule I've ever seen! Teams always have a chance to defend their spawn! If you let the enemy take control of your spawn, then you have a very weak team, and then it doesn't matter if they kill you inside spawn or just right outside... that 2 seconds extra don't make the difference. :?

it does make a difference, there r not so many maps where u get out of spawn in 2 secs, and almost all spawns have more than 1 spawn exit so u could play normally just after spawning, not that u wait respawn for getting killed and killed until u get enough and leave a server.

well sk isn't the most stupidest rule now, is it. :wink:

@evil why u make ur text orange, i see no point in it. lolz

Spam Noob

Postby KriZ » Mon Oct 20, 2008 23:44

If one team is getting slaughtered, all the exits out of spawn are totally covered by arty, snipers, panzer, nades, medics, ...

Then you can walk around in spawn, yay! But once you come out...

Again, the problem is unfair teams, and SK is only a logic result. Punishing that result is not the solution of the problem.

But that's a different discussion. :)

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:54

KriZ wrote:I think rules are a guideline

right . and so its up to me if i first warn or not.

amen and enter
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Spam God

Postby nick » Tue Oct 21, 2008 17:55

KriZ wrote:If one team is getting slaughtered, all the exits out of spawn are totally covered by arty, snipers, panzer, nades, medics, ...

Then you can walk around in spawn, yay! But once you come out...

Again, the problem is unfair teams, and SK is only a logic result. Punishing that result is not the solution of the problem.

But that's a different discussion. :)

that happens extremely rarely that ALL exits are completely covered with enemies, and mostly when an admin is there that results in a !shuffle next map. also, the difference between walking out of you're spawn and getting killed and spawning and getting killed is the chance to look around. which is extremely important for most people

Spam Noob

Postby KriZ » Thu Oct 23, 2008 14:28

@ Sebbel: you have all the rights you want, I'm just saying I don't agree with the way you use them. If you still want to continue, that's ok, but I'm just expressing my opinion. :)

@ nick: Then set up spawn protection, then everyone has a good chance to look around.

Spam Pro

Postby Calabria » Thu Oct 23, 2008 15:21

KriZ wrote:Do admins have to reach a monthly quota for kicks and bans maybe? Do they get a medal for kicking the most people?

Yes, didn't you know? They get bonusses that way 8O

Btw, i think another relevant problem is that wa don't have enough admins on the server who can !warn, !kick (or even !ban) The more admin eyes, the less troubles

Im not applying for the position :lol: , i'm just saying that would be a good solutuion
Prime<_>Mate

Spam Noob

Postby v1ech » Thu Oct 23, 2008 15:31

true what u say

especially about the spawnkilling rule...

people dont get it that easily...
if a team is so weak that they get bashed in spawn, those spawnkill rules dont help em at all...
no it makes them abuse that rule and camp in spawn or shoot from spawn so if they get eliminated they start crying that they have been in spawn area and are not allowed to be killed... bullshit

a shuffle is in most cases way more effective than any kind of spawn roofs, spawnkilling rule or punishing people for running through it...

about the overmoderation...
for my part i ve to say that i didnt make any bad experiences... i played my game and if a teamkill happens, it simply happens... in my oppinion no need to be punished as long it has not been on purpose...
well the knowledge bout et and about figuring out a cheater, that may be a problem but on the other hand i have to say that u guys are keeping a great system with that unban forum and as far as i learned, u guys are reasonable guys....

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Oct 23, 2008 15:53

Ok guyz, i ve always said that i m free to hear all opinions and also change our pploicy, settings, etc ... when there is a need but the only thinks i see here some bla bla . We are some pretty easy rules to respect, realy nothing hard to handle : don t spawn camp and don t spawn kill, don t insult or offence, don t team kill and for sure don t use hax :wink: . You have this major rules in pretty all big communities, sure there is different way to make players respect this rules, we have ours and it works preety good since years now and i see no real need to change it. Once again , we also have "admin abuse" topic, if you realy think that you are a victim post there but come with strong proofs. We realy take care about this and a little look on our Memberlist (revoked membership) can show that we realy act against that.

@Kriz : you can say what you want, you was wrong and had what you deserve, now if you had some problems with admins and also for 3 times, ask yourself and don t judge admins, for me it just mean that you still didn t get how to act in PS servers, no more to say in this case.

@Calabria : sure we have a lack of admins in some of our servers, but it don t realy concern PS1 in witch you mostly play :wink: .

@v1ech : Thx for you remarks. About your ban story, i contacted Funner, i let him till this week end to reply and show the demo as proof, after this delay and if there is no reply from him , your ban will be lifted.

Spam Noob

Postby KriZ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 0:58

BOWDOWN wrote:@Kriz : you can say what you want, you was wrong and had what you deserve, now if you had some problems with admins and also for 3 times, ask yourself and don t judge admins, for me it just mean that you still didn t get how to act in PS servers, no more to say in this case.

You don't even try to understand me. I start this topic because I don't like the way the admins work at the moment, to maybe improve this and create a better atmosphere for all players.

People should not be warned for shooting a blocker that is blocking because his game is bugging and can't move anymore. Yes, it's against the rules, but so what? It makes it a more fun game for everyone.

I can't understand that, I really can't... :?

As I already said about 100 times now, rules are there to make it a fun place for everyone, as a guideline.

And now I rest my case. Call it 'bla bla' if you want, but that's just ignorance.

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:48

Blabla, stop complaining.

The way to do is to ask an admin to !put the blocker on spec, _not_ to kill him and do TK (if not, each TK of everyone will be "because he block me"). Theses rules applies to everyone, not just you.

If you can't undersatnd that, you'd better to left. We have enough players to look at, and no time to waste with some borring people like you.

(btw, you're welcome on our server. But follow rules, that's all).

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:39

Never ending story and indeed nothing to understand (ignorance or not i ve said my view and you said yours) :arrow: locky lock time.

Amen

/locked

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008