Mortar Cam

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Server High Admin

Mortar Cam

Postby Betinho » Thu Sep 04, 2008 19:39

Hello, i think to mortar cam in some maps is too advantage for to allies or axis.
The mortar is a very important weapon, but with the cam is too advantage.

Talented Spammer

Postby Antigravity » Thu Sep 04, 2008 20:04

You are not in the right forum, post that in your server suggestion forum.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Sep 04, 2008 20:07

Topic moved to PS1 discussion section

The mortar was added to avoid SK problems, it can be an advantage but anyway the dude knowin well how to use the weapon withch is usualy the case, know also where and how to shoot with simply usin the map, so it s not realy a big deal.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Sep 04, 2008 21:44

Bowdown, in some cases ur right, that guys who usually r mortar can get the right spot without cam. But i think Betinho is right, when guys can get it already at the good spot than they also can do that without cam. IMO is the mortar cam just more used to get the bullet as near as possible the spawn and would it be better wihout cam. When someone sk's than just tell him that he is doing that, let the game be realistic! This is a long story but my main point is that the guys who just starts using mortar cant become to good with it, only because of cam
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Evil » Thu Sep 04, 2008 22:47

rofl was it a cam never attempt and saw it.

i use mortar a long time and it rox on some maps.
but i never play mortar often
but i just dont use cam,
only (G) show map and look there

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Fri Sep 05, 2008 0:05

Isnt the camera just a guide for those who dont know how mortar works? even so they shouldnt be hogging it..makes the mortar lovers start teamkillin :| Suppose it peeking into axis defence lines.

Funny thing earlier today..sittin in my spots with MG (i know you love me really) and I can hear it getting closer; I get up and jump back to see each shot landing on where I was standing :roll:

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:14

I'm also anti mortar-cam for a number of reasons;

• Takes over the role of coverts to see behind enemy lines. Normally enemy players pop-up on the command map when a covert spots them, especially handy for... the guy with the mortar ;)
  • Easily predict spawntimes by shooting some rounds close to spawn. What follows is a rain of terror at the exact spawntime.
  • Destroys the gameplay cause they can pin point the exact location to shoot at (see audio's example above), it now actually is a simple sit-and-click game.

The only advantage i see is that it may reduce teamkills but even that is questionable; players move all the time.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam God

Postby Monstrkill » Fri Sep 05, 2008 14:03

Yoyi guyz!

I think as thought while off cam mortar or many SK...
But while off it so will not Funny... Hm... Mortar Camera is gg thing but I dont know what say on it All...;-) :P

Talented Spammer

Postby CyberApe » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:33

mortar cam must be off is wonderful
Image Image

Spam God

Postby Monstrkill » Sat Sep 06, 2008 13:36

@Horse No No!Rightly as thought it has always ONXD

Silver Star

Re: ...

Postby C3LIG4 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 13:41

IMO it can be.But no on maps like are minastirith etc... :P

Spam God

Postby Ajdija » Sat Sep 06, 2008 14:19

Cam should be,
I think some maps should be disable mortar (map settings)

Spam King

Postby LuXoFluXe » Sat Sep 06, 2008 18:52

Araun wrote:Cam should be,
I think some maps should be disable mortar (map settings)

nah,, when its to easy to sk with mortar the cam makes it difficulty to show u just a few seconds of the bullet from mortar...

Gz! :)
lick dem´ pussies.

Veteran

Postby RollinNewt » Mon Sep 08, 2008 13:26

Not that i mind much, but id say turn it off. Like warro says about all that stuff.. A clever mortar user can simply wait 5-10secs, fire 3 or 4 shots exactly as axis spawn, rape 1/2 the axis team, then wait till next respawn. This isnt rocket science tbh and well any1 can work it out :P

I strongly dislike how with a bit of talent u can use mortars 2 shoot into buildins etc with the cam. Without a cam shootin into a window is pretty dam difficult and u need 2 be able 2 see the window. With the cam u can sit back, relax behind your teammates and shower an area with pinpoint accuracy. (need i point out also, that with the cam u can quite easily work out where all enemy defensive positions are... like MGs and such)

Also when i think of ppl usin mortars i think they should be careful. I find it pretty easy 2 simply check the map, see where enemy spawn is, and not shoot mortars into that grid location. That way i cant possibly be spawnkillin. Since most regs use mortars, well there should be absolutely no mercy shown towards them tbh. They know our rules, played at our servers long enough, know the maps, have absolutely no excuse for a stray mortar.

Neways jus my feelins n thoguhts about mortar cam :P

Spam God

Postby nick » Tue Sep 30, 2008 21:41

about the sk with mortar, a stray one can happen... the first is always a bit of a guess where it will come, and when i am on allies, i cant see where axis spawns. even though i know many maps, i dont know all of them, and many maps have many spawnpoints...

a stray mortar can happen, shouldnt be a zero-tolerance-thingie

however i do agree that the mortar cam should be turned off, simply because it is much more fun to see the poor fellows walk under you're mortar and DIE. if there aint no cam, many ppls find it boring (with a reason) :P

so disable it :D

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Wed Oct 01, 2008 18:36

mortar cam on
don't wanna talk about it but i like to be with mortar when there is also mortar cam

Spam God

Postby nick » Wed Oct 01, 2008 21:48

Garfield wrote:mortar cam on
don't wanna talk about it but i like to be with mortar when there is also mortar cam

thats the problem :roll: the less ppl use the mortar the better ^^

Server High Admin

Martar cam off

Postby Betinho » Thu Oct 02, 2008 18:35

i agree 100 % with Warren...he said all the answers!!!
Mortar cam off please!!!

Server High Admin

SK With mortar cam

Postby Betinho » Mon Oct 27, 2008 13:12

warren-the-ape wrote:I'm also anti mortar-cam for a number of reasons;

• Takes over the role of coverts to see behind enemy lines. Normally enemy players pop-up on the command map when a covert spots them, especially handy for... the guy with the mortar ;)
  • Easily predict spawntimes by shooting some rounds close to spawn. What follows is a rain of terror at the exact spawntime.
  • Destroys the gameplay cause they can pin point the exact location to shoot at (see audio's example above), it now actually is a simple sit-and-click game.
The only advantage i see is that it may reduce teamkills but even that is questionable; players move all the time.

"destroy the gameplay cause" thats was the words of Warren says and is exactly happened and happen always in the map Caen.
Check this demo and say me is sk or not please. (for me is sk obviously, i remember in the Oasis (with Axis in the 2 nd spawn allies) a long time ago, i was kicked for the same cause. (and never more used the mortar).

http://rapidshare.com/files/157985465/2 ... dm_84.html

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Mon Oct 27, 2008 15:15

IMO MORTAR CAM ON 4EVER!!!!!!
me and evil can't use the mortar with no mortar cam!! it is great!!
MORTAR CAM ON!!!!!!
-Gighen-

Veteran

Postby Viduus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 15:42

In the last period I found it more and more annoying that guys who can't shoot straight with a normal gun get 80-10 frags in a single map with mortar. And even worse, guys who can get 60-10 with a normal gun, also use mortar to get 80-10. It is spoiling the fun and it has nothing to do with ET anymore.

I know mortar is part of the game and all that ..bla..bla. But mortarcam is just a bug in ET that can be fixed (like someone said ...).

So I am definetly pro disabling mortar cam!
The lesser mortar the better!

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Mon Oct 27, 2008 16:17

With the camera on, its makes it as skilless as random shot rifle grenades :?

In the words of the men in a strip club: Off Off Off =)

Official Member

Postby Evil » Mon Oct 27, 2008 17:40

i did like mortar cam and i explain in ps5 discussions why (so read it if u want to know my oppion about it)

again i vote for stay.

Spam Kid

Postby Toeter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:02

Viduus wrote:In the last period I found it more and more annoying that guys who can't shoot straight with a normal gun get 80-10 frags in a single map with mortar. And even worse, guys who can get 60-10 with a normal gun, also use mortar to get 80-10. It is spoiling the fun and it has nothing to do with ET anymore.

I totally agree
I know mortar is part of the game and all that ..bla..bla. But mortarcam is just a bug in ET that can be fixed (like someone said ...).

As the matter effect, mortar cam is actually a cheat i believe. A friend of mine (didn't ET for a long time once had downloaded a cheat, and mortar cam was on it too, enable to enable xD )

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Mon Nov 10, 2008 18:50

i think mortar cam = less sk cos u know when u sk and when not...

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008