Adding time-out to mines possible?

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Official Member

Adding time-out to mines possible?

Postby DaRkMaN » Mon Nov 02, 2009 22:58

You know i play a lot of times engi and i like it,but when there is new guy in the team and he is engi too,he plants the mines all over the place where they are not needed!
Ok,i understand i was new too,but,CAN you put like "date of expiry" on the landmines,like i dont know,5 min?so if somebody plants landmines after 5 min they will gone if nobody steps on them in that 5 min period!And i think it is good idea even if they are planted on the right place,engis in defending team will have to do more work,and they will have less time to camp with the team mates!

OO forget to tell this,take capuzzo for example,on the beginig you plant landmines and nobody steps on them,and it is long map,so axis have to defend with less landmines just becuse they where planted on the beginig,and no way somebody will step on them,becuse spaw has been moved upfront!

What do you say,and other peoples opinion are welcome too,but pls only from people who are regular on ps5?
Last edited by DaRkMaN on Tue Nov 03, 2009 0:24, edited 1 time in total.

Spam Lord

Postby Marcco7 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 23:15

I think that to have landmine in some place for 5 min is great idea,because like DaRkMaN said when is new ppl on the server and take an engy they plant landmines on the some stupid place and than team who defending if are that new guy in defending team that team need to defend wothout of landmines if they help in defending and all that yust because of some stupid(no offense) new guy.....

I tottaly agree with that..
I'm always outnumbered, but never outmanned!

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:53

I don't think just good idea because if you are engi and that other one is engi too and you want to plant mines, go and do it fast. Everybody has their own places to put mines. Maybe next round you may get that change to put those mines to place where do you want to put them. :>

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16

ya.. i know this mining problem..
worst thing for me is when an axis engi in goldrush spamms the truck and the bank while i need my mines to keep the tank destroyed^^
i go crazy if i cant work with mines then...
well.. in this situation i try to explain..

i doubt its possible to give mines a timer... but have to proof.
indeed atm its a pity in your example of capuzzo, because with current settings u are not able to defuse your own team mines..
but well.. disadvantage we have to live with
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:43

It should be possible to disarm the own mines (without activating them when you walk by).
If you make a time limit: more then 5 minutes. There are many many points you can defend good with minefields, and to rebuild it every few minutes would really annoy imo.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Tue Nov 03, 2009 18:08

Saukko wrote:I don't think just good idea because if you are engi and that other one is engi too and you want to plant mines, go and do it fast. Everybody has their own places to put mines. Maybe next round you may get that change to put those mines to place where do you want to put them. :>

-*S

saukko,saukko,not next round but on your opinion next map,and next map is totally diferent then map before,and as you say do next round faster,then i have to wait maps rotation,wich is closly to 4h cca,to plant landmines where i want,on that map!
But that is the whole case here saukko,not what i want or you,what everbody wants,and with 5 min lasting landmines everybody would get their turn to plant landmines where they want!

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Nov 03, 2009 18:12

well first u need someone who can and wants to do it, and then u can discuss. i doubt there is someone willing to code it..

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Tue Nov 03, 2009 20:40

Simply go spec and then join your team again, all your mines will disapear.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Tue Nov 03, 2009 20:54

BOWDOWN wrote:Simply go spec and then join your team again, all your mines will disapear.

Bowy,diamond i said only ps5 regulars :) :) :) :)
and the award for best answer goes to bowy :) :) :) gratz
Bowdown i am joking a litlle bit dont mind me,ps5 is full so i am happy,you missunderstud my question,if some other guy plants landmines,not me,i cant help it then!

I bet 100 euros i know who changed my title :) :) :)

Spam Kid

Postby KillaHilla » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:47

i agree with that, about the new engies and the unmovable mines, but i don't like the idea of timing. going spec is not an option for many reasons, and one of them is that u can't make some1 go to spec and then return (for example if he is not reading at all atm). the solution is simple -> mines can be STEPPABLE to all players! that way u can disarm your teammates mines whenever you like (hoping only when they r not well placed:) )
stay up and keep shining!!

be peaceful and calm, and in ET wear an arm:P

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 13:05

KillaHilla wrote:i agree with that, about the new engies and the unmovable mines, but i don't like the idea of timing. going spec is not an option for many reasons, and one of them is that u can't make some1 go to spec and then return (for example if he is not reading at all atm). the solution is simple -> mines can be STEPPABLE to all players! that way u can disarm your teammates mines whenever you like (hoping only when they r not well placed:) )
This can and will cause more problems and conflicts then it solve. Theres nothing more unloved then newbies hiking through your minefield (and then maybe fill complain because you "TK"'ed them, too).

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 13:39

yes yes.. we had "normal mines" once.. u go CRAZY with steppable mines.. no matter if u switch teamdamage for mines off... ur well placed mines are gone

fact is.. we got 20 mines on ps5.. that are few more as in ps1 or ps2 (because i love to plant them)
and in this 20 you have to expect that some are lost on begin of map..

so my decision to keep it like it is.. try to teach other engis to plant them "save" or ask ur enemies to destroy them :) hm... what is easier? :D

Spam Kid

Postby KillaHilla » Thu Nov 05, 2009 18:42

Sebbel wrote:ask ur enemies to destroy them :) hm... what is easier? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: will do that:))))
maybe we could decrease themines to 15? :roll: :?
stay up and keep shining!!

be peaceful and calm, and in ET wear an arm:P

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 18:51

With some many engie lovers that is not an option for me.
But maybe we should add 5 more :P
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 19:42

Daghel wrote:With some many engie lovers that is not an option for me.

This would be an option :D

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Thu Nov 05, 2009 19:55

Rainbow wrote:
Daghel wrote:With some many engie lovers that is not an option for me.

This would be an option :D

I am always for more mines. More mines only make ET fun :twisted:
I believe that the "5 min." mines are unrealistic and adds too much extra work for engineers.

1st... mines that have been buried since WW2 are still functional :P
2nd... when you have put hard work into placing mines perfectly and they begin disappearing sucks quite much =)
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:11

2nd... when you have put hard work into placing mines perfectly and they begin disappearing sucks quite much =)

imo better put once again in 5 mins (what would happen rare), i bet if they are really put that perfectly they will blow in max 2 mins

and not everytime after respawn (when ff in on) and guys trappig on em

or better than dont have any mines left and they are at the end of the map somewhere till it ends :)

if its unrealistic (seems for me aswell ^^).. too bad.. the idea was good 1+

Veteran

Postby zabolo » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:39

just kill him before he will plant :wink:
(joke ofc :roll: )

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 13:21

no timing.. no friendly stepping.. no more mines

it is ok as it is..

/locked

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009