Xp rank :D

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Official Member

Xp rank :D

Postby wuju » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:19

What do u think about make some kind of XP rank on PS1 :)

If there are ppl interested, i could make such a think for PS1, but i need some help to collect data about players :)

I think about weekly updated topic on forum with actual XP of players.

It would be posible if ppl would send me their xp by for example PM.

Now its just queestion about idea of such a think.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:28

Hey Wuju

Personaly i think that it s a uselsss thing but it s just my personal opinion. Feel free to do it if you dunno what to do with your free time and you think that it will make some of our players happy :) .

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:31

This should at least give you some indication;

http://www.theclq.com/ags/players.php?addr=213.239.219.249:27960
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Official Member

Postby wuju » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:35

Thats why i made that topic :) I need opinions cause if ill have to spend time to do it.. i wont do it just for me :)

Btw Bowie dont be so modest plz :) I know u would be in top 5 :D

EDIT: Didnt know such a site exist :)

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Oct 19, 2009 16:12

WOOOOOOT... im really high in those ranks :P hihi.

I think its an fun idea wuju and i think you should do it..

anyway ... Im really good in those rankings :)

CLQ rank : 10
Top rank : 3
PPH rank: 36
minutes played: 23

Now i would really like to know what the first 3 things mean :P

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Mon Oct 19, 2009 16:24

for you death ;)

CLQ ranking is the classic CLQ ranking method. It is based on determining someones peak performance. Getting as much points as possible in as little time as possible.

Top ranking is based on the ability of players to get more points than the rest. The more players you defeat (are below you on the list during the game) the higher you will rank. Just like CLQ ranking it is based on peak performance so losing a few games or entering in the middle of the game has no disadvantages.

PPH ranking stands for points per hour and is based on the total number of points and played minutes in a week. So people who chat a lot will never get a high PPH rank, since overall performance determines your PPH rank. PPH is only determined for players who played at least 30 minutes.

ps: ontopic

i like the idea and i've seen stuff like this before on other sites, i'll try to find em to give you an example of how it looks

hm maybe something like this http://www.x-multigaming.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=60 ?

Something i think alot of people would like to see :) (for their ego and stuff ^^)
Last edited by Dre_of_chaos on Mon Oct 19, 2009 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

Official Member

Postby wuju » Mon Oct 19, 2009 16:25

CLQ ranking is the classic CLQ ranking method. It is based on determining someones peak performance. Getting as much points as possible in as little time as possible.

Top ranking is based on the ability of players to get more points than the rest. The more players you defeat (are below you on the list during the game) the higher you will rank. Just like CLQ ranking it is based on peak performance so losing a few games or entering in the middle of the game has no disadvantages.

PPH ranking stands for points per hour and is based on the total number of points and played minutes in a week. So people who chat a lot will never get a high PPH rank, since overall performance determines your PPH rank. PPH is only determined for players who played at least 30 minutes.

Its from help :)

Ops :D i did it too slow :D

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Mon Oct 19, 2009 18:45

And what are pionts in that warren site stats?

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:28

I think the admin levels bowdown & others give is a nicer option. They dont do too much but at least they are labeled; like "known player" and such :) Perhaps have a server message tell people that "known player 'Wuju' has joined"
(then again, the higher admins in disguise might have their cover blown xD )

If it was exp based, people might get cocky or even start farming :o. But im sure the 'exp means nothing' card will be posted on here eventually :roll:

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:40

XP doesn't mean anything.

Official Member

Postby wuju » Tue Oct 20, 2009 14:59

there was discusion about meaning od XP points many times but as u see here is topic about xp ranking.

I saw that site u shown Dre but for me as player its almost imposible to get so many data to do it :)

Audio i didnt mean to make levels connected with xp like i think u say :)

Just was thinking about makeing here on forum some kind of statistics.

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Tue Oct 20, 2009 16:02

Hm i fully understand you wuju

i like your idea but maybe it's a bit irrelevant because only a limited ammount of players will actually appreciate the time you spend making those xp statistics and ranking

and audio, the levels idea isnt that great either because there are players who dont care about levels at all ^^

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 20:51

On Bunker, I was always in the 3 first on the SplatterLadder ranking.. :D
Good idea though ;)

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Tue Oct 20, 2009 23:08

i like it... you have my approvation :P

Gold Star

xp rank

Postby RaiderPL » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:15

Hi wuju!

I have a question - What happen when i will restart my xp or i change a computer?

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:09

wuju84 wrote:there was discusion about meaning od XP points many times but as u see here is topic about xp ranking.
Just was thinking about makeing here on forum some kind of statistics.

If the meaning of XP is irrelevant to many players, why should we do a ranking of irrelevant things ? :roll: It is simply ... irrelevant ! :twisted:

The best things to do would be to get rid of this useless piece of statistics and replace it by a much more useful indicator.

Official Member

Re: xp rank

Postby wuju » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:16

RaiderPL wrote:Hi wuju!

I have a question - What happen when i will restart my xp or i change a computer?

I think that problem could be solved with many options :)

For example we can set that i take actual xp and rank is counted since time i started makeing it. U know it would be imposible to take stats from time before cause there could be problem with authorization of xp :) yaa i left 250k xp about 2 years ago but i think we shouldnt look such a situations, just xp count since begin of rank.

Spyhawk i understand what u mean but as u said its irrelevant to many players but not to all of them. Now im just trying to know how big is group of ppl interested to do such a think.

Cya in PS1

Spam Kid

Postby ape » Wed Oct 21, 2009 17:49

Aha, I am more a PS 2 player but I like this idea from you :good: Maybe make a Poll about it for vote yes or no??

Regards

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Oct 21, 2009 17:53

Spyhawk wrote:The best things to do would be to get rid of this useless piece of statistics and replace it by a much more useful indicator.

Like sex appeal indicator?? :P

Official Member

Postby Death » Wed Oct 21, 2009 22:55

Nah no good idea bowdown...
I would own you all :P

I want to give everyone a good chance :roll: :roll: :roll:

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Thu Oct 29, 2009 0:56

very nice idea (dres example is best thing to do i think :D )
for my ego and such :) go for it wuju

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Tue Nov 10, 2009 18:19

it was a cabrita but i dont know if its mi or other player. How e see???

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:59

i think, no ranking can show 'who's the best'. you can only gather some statistics, like amount of frags and so on, but they doesn't show anything, because it's logical, that people who play more, have more frags. therefore, more frags doesn't mean you're better. some kind of average, like frags/time isn't good as well. kills/death stats? not the best too, because of mortars for example. moreover, et is not quake or unreal tournament, so not only frags count, but also doing objectives, healing bla bla bla... but it seems to be less important, due to the fact, that we judge players' skills by their combat abilities. there is no just and absolute criterion.

i think every player, who plays for longer time on certain server, is able to evaluate others. during the game, sprees, fights, final stats stay in your memory and after some time you can say "damn, this guy is good" and others know it too.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009