CTF Face! Here we go :(

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Talented Spammer

Postby Spaceman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 20:18

Deatheater wrote:
Spaceman wrote:as far as i can remember, i've always followed (stupidly or not) the SK/SC TB/TK rules so why do ppl with lvl7 or even 4 or 5 keep breaking them?

EHM???? didnt i pip/pop you last time i met you on cTF Face because you were sk'ing? :P

lol no need to make a whole point about it cause you only did it like 2/3 times. but dont say you never rulebreak cause no one is perfect :P (me neither)

wtf are u saying?
how can i sc/sk if i'm spec?

please don't talk bullsh*t to increase your posts...

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue Oct 06, 2009 22:15

dude calm down please.

i dont say you did it at that demo (atleast i dont remember) but i say you did it at that map. I dont know wich time it was cause i dont make demos all the time just to watch them back you know...

all i said was you did it 2/3 times AND THAT"S THE TRUTH! if you cant handle it take it somewhere else, dont go react all on me.

THIS TOPIC WAS MADE BECAUSE ALWAYS AT THIS SORT OF MAP THIS SHIT HAPPENS. I DON'T MEAN FOR ANYONE TO GET AN OR WHATEVER UNLESS THEY CONTINUE RULEBREAKING. THAT'S ALSO WHY I MADE THAT VIDEO. NOT TO GET PEOPLE BANNED. JUST TO LET THEM HAVE A WARNING OR SOMETHING.

now i DID accuse you of sk 2/3 times. I dont say you do it all the time, I dont say you are a bad player who always rulebreaks. I just say that you did it on that map back then and you should not do it again. IF you say you wont do it again, i will believe you but dont go lie because i saw you do it myself!

BTW: good solution master zobmoo :)

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Oct 06, 2009 22:47

pls leave the personal drama out of this topic, since it doesn't help to solve the problem at all, thanks to both of you.

Spaceman wrote:i must say that sometimes ha are online but do nothing...(will they revoke my lvl after saying that ? haha)

first of all, imagine we got mostly around 40 ppl on PS #1, how the heck should we be able to see everything? we would need 40 High Admins to take care and check every situation, so it just can happen sometimes, that we don't see everything, but that's NOT a reason to blame us right now. rather u should PM a PS Member (/m PS| Person XYZ is doing this/that), instand of whining about others rulebreaking, first touch yourself on your own nose, thank you very much. and u got also the option to record demos/screenshots yourself and post them on forum, if u think some regular or even candidate keeps rulebreaking. then we'll have a proof about it and can take care about the situation / player in any case. about your levels... we could remove your levels of c, but i don't even go into this drama talk, so u can keep them for now i guess :wink:

@ Deatheater: no need to use caps in forum as well :wink:

:arrow: and now, back to topic pls, or i'll delete all further posts which does not add any usefull information / opinion about the problem at all.

grtz
icy
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Oct 07, 2009 0:24

I don t get why it become a so dramatic topic . There is a SK/SC on this map, think that we are all aware about now , i ve already warned those on the demo and don t think we will see them doing it again in the future. Hope that all our admins will take it more seriously and do their job to keep warning and punish peopel till the message would be understood by all, it s probably done for those who got a ban and lost their xp last night :wink: . After this long topic and all those daily warns on the server , it wont be no more pity or clemency for anyone busted doing SK or SC in CTF-Face, players, regulars or members , and i will even be more harsh with our regulars cause it would be unacceptable to see high levels and old players acting like newbies discovering about sk or sc.

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Wed Oct 07, 2009 15:24

Zombies direction in thread discussion is nicer :)

However! wouldnt a castle wall along the front of the tower (see pic) sort some problems out too? Some protection from snipers till that point (or at least half way between spawn & tower door) would be helpful.

-black bit is the tower, brown outline is the floor & two black bits further up are walls-

Sorry for the crude picture, but it was a 60second ms paint job n__n

Snipers should be watching the middle and the tower..not spawn. If people have the chance to get inside the tower, they can actually play.
afterthought: perhaps have an MG on the wall? >:]

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 15:37

Audio, some wall wont solve that problem. There are still some ppl like me, who like to pass defence and attack from behind - or from the top of the tower in this case. And it would prevent snipers to get position on the ground, they would be forced to go to tower -> less space to shoot from, easier target.

Zombie's bunkers are very good solution imo

Spam Kid

Postby Vaakku » Wed Oct 07, 2009 18:49

Keeks wrote:Audio, some wall wont solve that problem. There are still some ppl like me, who like to pass defence and attack from behind - or from the top of the tower in this case. And it would prevent snipers to get position on the ground, they would be forced to go to tower -> less space to shoot from, easier target.

Zombie's bunkers are very good solution imo

Not all maps feature such safe spots as spawns, yet spawn killing is not always a problem this big. The main threat is direct fire from afar, as enemies nearby are easier to dispose of before (or as soon as) they try any punishable activity. Even though I agree a wall would limit possible sniper positions, the open ground is not the most fruitful place to that in any case.

On the other hand spawn bunkers change the map much less and keep its original nature (i.e. still not too impressive a map :)). The solution is valid especially if the exit is not on the front side of the bunker or even better: there are several exits.

zombie wrote:Well, I didnt ask for permission however, as I wont publish this map public (means: I will only make it available for PS).

I'm no expert on law but I believe sharing the map - even if only via direct downloads from the server - counts as a public release.
Quack!

Talented Spammer

Postby Spaceman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 20:46

Deatheater wrote:dude calm down please.

i dont say you did it at that demo (atleast i dont remember) but i say you did it at that map. I dont know wich time it was cause i dont make demos all the time just to watch them back you know...

all i said was you did it 2/3 times AND THAT"S THE TRUTH! if you cant handle it take it somewhere else, dont go react all on me.

THIS TOPIC WAS MADE BECAUSE ALWAYS AT THIS SORT OF MAP THIS SHIT HAPPENS. I DON'T MEAN FOR ANYONE TO GET AN OR WHATEVER UNLESS THEY CONTINUE RULEBREAKING. THAT'S ALSO WHY I MADE THAT VIDEO. NOT TO GET PEOPLE BANNED. JUST TO LET THEM HAVE A WARNING OR SOMETHING.

now i DID accuse you of sk 2/3 times. I dont say you do it all the time, I dont say you are a bad player who always rulebreaks. I just say that you did it on that map back then and you should not do it again. IF you say you wont do it again, i will believe you but dont go lie because i saw you do it myself!

BTW: good solution master zobmoo :)

Death cmon we both know i didn't sk so no reason to lie...
Your topic is cool and i wont say negative things except for what i saw.
You're the one stating me at the first post, so i thought i would drop in.
But other regulars can tell u that i don't sk...

Peace

ps: good work zombiezor i hope there won't be such a hastle after your map changes :oops:

Official Member

Postby wuju » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:09

Yaaa it beacame drama :)

But i was thinkin about Your suggestion .. imo good idea but as u see on screens.. there will be possibility to stand on that "roof" near spawn and i think problem of sc will stay.

I have never been makein maps for et but what do u think about makein somethink like house in spawn area with doors from behind?

It wold solve problem of snipe in spawn but i dont know is it possible to do.

About Sk .. there is more simple solution... if someone could draw red line near spawn areas (on map texture) then it will be exaclky known where u can shoot :)

Cya in ps1

EDIT: Mhm the easiest way to solve it is to replace it with Eagles ways 2 :D

There will be more demos :D

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:47

just put spawn behind tower instead beside them and then noone can be shot after respawn
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Official Member

Postby xochi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 16:33

dont know that for sure sebbel can be that they go around or use mortar at that place :S

greetz xochi

Official Member

Postby Evil » Thu Oct 08, 2009 17:15

Sebbel wrote:just put spawn behind tower instead beside them and then noone can be shot after respawn

i tought you will be semi automatic spawned witch spawn is available?
and i think you got 1 point to set you spawn issnt ?

Veteran

Postby zombie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 18:04

The edited version is almost ready to be used:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee31 ... ace_b1.jpg

I'm able to open the PK3 file in ET so that means the PK3 file is good, the gravity works, taking obj works, but I have a few little things to fix. It could be done tonight :)
HTC Desire / Custom Build PC / Samsung P2250

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Thu Oct 08, 2009 18:32

Sebbel wrote:just put spawn behind tower instead beside them and then noone can be shot after respawn

you would still need to pass the tower and will get shooted, does not rly help to solve the main problem.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Thu Oct 08, 2009 22:47

Soooo..open a doorway/tunnel from the back of the tower to the inside? That way you can choose to go right in OR brave the snipers on the sides.

(or perhaps side doors which curl around...if it is too direct, taking the flag will be really hard)

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 23:12

icefrost wrote:

you would still need to pass the tower and will get shooted, does not rly help to solve the main problem.

maybe not the main prob.. but u solved sc.. and the "direct" SK... but in general u are right

Official Member

Postby Evil » Fri Oct 09, 2009 13:06

icefrost wrote:

anyway: in limbo menu you only can select 1 spawn so there aint a option to change spawn as far i know.

and yea indeed it doesnt rly solve the problem.

Sebbels last post:
your right but in general it keep the same.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 13:46

yo.. i know what is in limbo to chose there -.-

but if you talk here about building completely new maps then i suggest only to move the spawn

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009