NQ 1.2.5 Errors / Bugs / Suggestions

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Official Member

NQ 1.2.5 Errors / Bugs / Suggestions

Postby Samuraii » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:33

Hello!

As icy said; yesterday night 1.2.5 will be running on ps2.

But i noticed i havent downloaded, (i have download automatic on ) The loading button just appeared saying : LOADING (1.2.3 says weapons; class. etc. instead of only loading)

So i think there could be a problem in here 8O .

Edit: The message pops up: ET.exe has encountered an unknown error and will now exit,(translated from dutch into english by myself so dont know if its right ;) )

/Fixed , loading NQ mod first and then connect to server

Edit:

You can now disable bounce (or what its called)! While using crouch and walking in crouch; ur not moving up and down with your aim point, in scope zoom neither 8O its getting to easy!
Last edited by Samuraii on Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:30

Are you talking about recoil?

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:03

yes, but in other games recoil = when you shoot your aim goes up ;)

other things:

Medic has 125 hp but you can see the hp-bar isnt filled :O (if you use the NQ-Default view of stats, hitpoints, weapons, bullets(f.e. 30/60) etc.
Last edited by Samuraii on Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:10

Thts logical but I assumed you were talking about it because you mentioned sniping.

Also, I dont think anyone understands your last sentence...:P

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:30

CheeKy wrote:Thts logical but I assumed you were talking about it because you mentioned sniping.

Also, I dont think anyone understands your last sentence...:P

I DID! :o

That isn't a bug, the medics lost their 12% of +health.
yeah, the hud might bug, but w/e :)

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:30

download NQ 1.2.5 throught server should work fine, it worked for me, but guess it's allready fixed for u. if the download-speed is to low, u can also download the new version >>Here<< and just put it in your NQ folder.

about recoil, i didn't try to sniper right now, will give it a try later, not sure if it's a big problem at all, we'll see.

Medics got -12 % of health, since they allways had more health before. i asked ppl allready and they think it's working fine and is just fair for the gameplay, so gonna leave it by NQ default for now.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Website Manager

Re: NQ 1.2.5 Errors / Bugs / Suggestions

Postby warren-the-ape » Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:41

Samuraii wrote:You can now disable bounce (or what its called)! While using crouch and walking in crouch; ur not moving up and down with your aim point, in scope zoom neither 8O its getting to easy!

Not a bug.

You're talking about the 'bob' settings; cg_bobyaw, cg_bobroll, cg_bobpitch and cg_bobup.
In this case the cg_bobpitch (default at 0.002000). You were always allowed to set those vars to 0 at our servers ;)
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 21:21

in old nQ, you couldnt move without your scope going totally crazy (talking about sniping here). In 1.2.5 it doesn't bounce anymore, i.e. no more recoil.

shooting with Mobile is harder, since it goes up quicker then I can scroll down xD (while moving, not while proning)

New sound is added to calling in arty and airstrikes :)

Shotgun bug is fixed ^^

and medic health has been lowered. All good imo :D
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Wed Aug 26, 2009 21:41

IceCreamy wrote:in old nQ, you couldnt move without your scope going totally crazy (talking about sniping here). In 1.2.5 it doesn't bounce anymore, i.e. no more recoil.

The bobpitch is not the recoil, what Samuraii is talking about was always possible.

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Aug 26, 2009 21:48

yea, samu u never knew that u can disable it? XD lolf i cant even play with that bobpitch.

about the mod i like those visual changes and effects 8)

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 22:16

warren-the-ape wrote:
IceCreamy wrote:in old nQ, you couldnt move without your scope going totally crazy (talking about sniping here). In 1.2.5 it doesn't bounce anymore, i.e. no more recoil.

The bobpitch is not the recoil, what Samuraii is talking about was always possible.

Sorry, misread the sentence. I thought that he meant sniping, but he was talking about just MP40/Thompson like weapons. But now in sniping you have almost no more recoil. That was my point, and I thought Samuraii was talking about that only :P

Sorry for confusion :)
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 22:40

I wasnt exactly sure where to post this but I thought I should put it here. Since the medics lost their 12% health, I would like to see something else being changed.

Is it possible to get the amount of medpacks dropped to 2 or maybe even 1(after someone is killed)? That way the abilities from the medics will be used more instead of only fragging, I also think its unfair tht field ops etc are able to heal themselfs almost to full health after a battle. I think it should be an ability for medics alone.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Aug 26, 2009 22:45

well i think medics was and still are strong enough to take the battle. they also got akimbo's what helps them as well and u still can just run away / hide somewhere and heal urself with some medpacks, what other classes simply don't have, a big plus anyway, so i'm not sure if a change is needed there for now.

Spam Kid

Postby ape » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:42

Medics got -12 % of health, since they allways had more health before. i asked ppl allready and they think it's working fine and is just fair for the gameplay, so gonna leave it by NQ default for now.

:good: I am since the new NQ version active @ PS 2, And in my opinion it works fine! :)

a big plus anyway, so i'm not sure if a change is needed there for now.

What u can do is add something :wink: : I dont know how i need to call it but I want to explain it a bit.. In some server I saw it ; Medic's cant heal them selves.. So they need other medicpacks to heal his self.. So they only can heal team mates.. I dont know if thats a good idea?? :D

Regards ape

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39

warren-the-ape wrote:

I have been told it was a cheating script! :o .

Anyway sorry if it was already a known thing :)

Official Member

Postby paco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02

Samuraii wrote:
warren-the-ape wrote:

I have been told it was a cheating script! :o .

I'm testing my new cfg, and i added same new value about cg_bobroll and cg_bobup.On past week, i tested it on ps7 with NQ 1.2.3., yesterday night on NQ 1.2.5. All is ok, It is possible to play. So i think there is a limit value to set they.

8) Paco 8)

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:14

Ape, Ive seen tht change as well somewhere else and if it will be added here, Ill quit playing here. Tht sucks sooooooooooo unbelievable hard.

Icefrost, other classes have akimbos as well so tht doesnt make any sense at all lol.

Also tht 2nd part is bs, when you are able to hide and run, you can do the same with other classes. Its not tht it is a MUST to come back and besides this, its not always possible to run.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 15:46

ape wrote:

a big plus anyway, so i'm not sure if a change is needed there for now.

What u can do is add something :wink: : I dont know how i need to call it but I want to explain it a bit.. In some server I saw it ; Medic's cant heal them selves.. So they need other medicpacks to heal his self.. So they only can heal team mates.. I dont know if thats a good idea?? :D

Regards ape

NO WAY! ARE YOU CRAZY!!? :D That sucks so hard

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Thu Aug 27, 2009 17:08

@ ape: nah won't add that, medics should be able to heal thereself.

@ cheeky: ye true, but u got the option with medics that u can hide and heal urself with medpacks, so it just will stay like that.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Aug 27, 2009 17:09

Samuraii wrote:I have been told it was a cheating script! :o .

its not cheating script, actually its not even a script they're just some commands.
u probably mixed up cg_bobpitch with m_pitch, same with yaw. all cg_bob cmds can be "0", and only mouse movement restrictions are:
seta m_yaw "0.02200"
seta m_pitch "0.01501"

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 21:28

any idea why my game crashes when i try to load NQ from main menu by clicking mods => noquarter?
i can play the game by connecting straight to server but imo its not normal that NQ crashes game when i try to load the mod, also on my other installation i cant close the game by clicking exit game in NQ menu...
maybe someone knows nice answers
just weird imo :roll:
Image thx for diamond :D

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Fri Aug 28, 2009 22:52

almost same here

if i have loaded nq mod and load to etpro it crashes

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sat Aug 29, 2009 0:50

-Flash- wrote:if i have loaded nq mod and load to etpro it crashes

Can't reproduce. Switching Mods goes without any hickups here.

@ Ninja & Flash
Remove outdated pk3's from your noquarter folder, like pre 1.2.3 versions etc.

Also make sure you copy the qagame_mp_x86.dll (windows) and/or qagame.mp.i386.so (linux) from the 1.2.5 package into your 'noquarter' folder.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:50

@ Ninja & Flash
Remove outdated pk3's from your noquarter folder, like pre 1.2.3 versions etc.

Also make sure you copy the qagame_mp_x86.dll (windows) and/or qagame.mp.i386.so (linux) from the 1.2.5 package into your 'noquarter' folder.

thx warren...
removing those 1.2.3 and before packages worked, but it causes that i can only play on ps2, other servers start to load 1.2.3 packages again ofc... oh well...

about qagame_mp_x86.dll im not sure did i download that from ps2, since i cant use shitstroms download link which redirects to wolfmap. they got some nice ip range bans or something i suppose :?
Image thx for diamond :D

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sat Aug 29, 2009 13:37

Ninjadeer wrote:removing those 1.2.3 and before packages worked, but it causes that i can only play on ps2, other servers start to load 1.2.3 packages again ofc... oh well...

Well I meant the versions below 1.2.3 ;) I still have 1.2.3 in place as well.

about qagame_mp_x86.dll im not sure did i download that from ps2, since i cant use shitstroms download link which redirects to wolfmap. they got some nice ip range bans or something i suppose :?

Nope you didn't download those, since they are only needed if you're hosting a server. I assumed they were causing your problem but it seems not.

Although having outdated files there can cause strange behaviour whenever you're hosting a game yourself for testing purposes or whatever.

Strange story about Wolfmap btw :D You can get the full package here

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009