Laggs..

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Talented Spammer

Laggs..

Postby Skippy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 22:34

Sometimes when i play at PS#5 there comes like uber laggs. There are not always laggs though. But what should be done 'cause im not the only one who has that lagg..
I hope you know what i mean. ;)

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Thu Aug 13, 2009 23:31

I really in last time,since PB is off dont have any laaags,only maybe when there is like 30 players playing then a litlle bit,since i live in croatia where everthing sucks internet connections too,i dont think it is server problem,maybe it is something with your comp!

Talented Spammer

Postby Skippy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59

Yes, maybe but how do fix it then?

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:50

How to boost your connection? wrote:As with every multiplayer game, a good and smooth gameplay all depends on your Ping. If you experience a high Ping or Lags first try to close down as much other programs as possible (such as; p2p download programs, msn, antivirus software etc.) to ensure that the problem isn’t in one of those programs.

If that doesn’t work there are a few commands you can configure within ET to help you tweak your connection and streamline your Ping.

/cl_maxpackets X
The bigger X is, the more information your computer sends to the server, so basically your actions will be more accurate and gives you a smoother playing experience. 30 is standard but you will see that most ‘pro-players’ use 100 maxpackets.

Recommended: /cl_maxpackets 100
TIP: Use /cl_maxpackets 76 in combination with /com_maxfps 76 for smoother results in some occasions.

/snaps X
Determines how many times per second the server sends your pc updates (snapshots) of the game state.

"The server can only generate a snap each server frame, since a snap is defined by the state generated in the server frame. So for the server to send you more than sv_fps (standard set to 20) snaps wouldn't make any sense. Now, the ET code has been known to do things that don't make sense, but if it did something dumb like sending you 2 identical snaps per frame, it should show up in network traffic and likely weirdness on your client. By observation, it doesn't." -reyalP (ETPro)

Recommended: /snaps 20

/rate X
The standard rate of 5000 dates back to the old days when the Quake3 engine (id Tech 3) was first released back in 1999. 56k modems were still in use by most gamers and *DSL lines were a luxury only a few could affort. These days most people have a proper *DSL, Cable or fiber optic connection and should therefore use the maximum value, capped by the Q3 engine code itself, of 25000.

Recommended: /rate 25000

/cl_timenudge X
This command is misunderstood by a lot of people and does not physically lower your ping at all. Very basically; a positive value increases client side prediction while a negative value decreases it (you should only use values between -50 and 0). These days most ET Mods (No Quarter, ETPub, ETPro) run with antilag code that makes the use of timenudge useless and/or counterproductive.

Recommended: /cl_timenudge 0
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009