Whats up on PS2?

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Spam Noob

Whats up on PS2?

Postby COOLover » Sat Jun 27, 2009 19:57

Hello together,

sorry for my bad english.

what is going on PS2?
Now he is mostly empty at the last time.

Otherwise, the evening but always well attended

German:
Was ist mit PS2 los?
Er ist fast immer leer in der letzten Zeit.
Der war doch abends zumindest immer gut besucht.
Greetz COOLover

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Jun 27, 2009 20:32

yep its quite empty.i guess ppl dont want to play in half empty servers so they all go to ps1 and ps5, which leaves ps2 only for the regulars. same faith like ps4, unless something will be changed.

Spam Kid

Postby kerwinus » Sun Jun 28, 2009 0:20

Diamond wrote:yep its quite empty.i guess ppl dont want to play in half empty servers so they all go to ps1 and ps5, which leaves ps2 only for the regulars. same faith like ps4, unless something will be changed.

it is strange, ps1 got less slots then before, so ps2 should get more players;)
but i think the most players who play on ps1 are just waiting before there is a spot free;)

maybe its just a period and it will be okay, and otherwise you come also to ps1 or ps5 no big deal?

ps: diamond, ps4? long time i ago i played there but doesnt exist anymore;)

Server High Admin

Postby PolygonWindow » Sun Jun 28, 2009 0:31

Hmm, dont players got redirected to #3 (from#1 if full) atm? Cause its pretty filled sometimes. Imo thats why it is empty @ #2 atm. And summer ofc .D

Spam Noob

Postby COOLover » Sun Jun 28, 2009 0:49

kerwinus wrote:maybe its just a period and it will be okay, and otherwise you come also to ps1 or ps5 no big deal?[/size]

I didn't have problem to play on PS1 or PS5 (I'm on PS5) but it is not the same like ps2 ;)

I dont know what the english word for "Gewohnheitstier" !? Habit !?

I'm a "Gewohnheitstier"...
I'm a Habit!?...
... and i think that is not the same when you play on PS1/PS2/PS5 different maps, (mostly) other player, and i think the feeling.

So i play since winter '02 ET (nearly 6 years) and play almost always on the same servers. And since 1 year? I play on PS2 (sometimes on PS1 or PS5) it would be a pity if this goes down (NOT OFFLINE ;) )

--------------------
German:
Für mich ist es nicht das Problem auf PS1/PS5 zu spielen, spiele jedoch lieber auf PS2.

Bin zudem ein Gewohnheitstier, und spiele daher fast immer auf den selben Servern.
Weil unterschiedliche Maps, andere Spiele und meiner Meinung nach ein anderes Feeling ist wenn man woanders spielt.

Spiele schon seit Winter 2002 (fast 6 Jahre) ET und immer auf den selben Server.
Seit einem Jahr? spiele ich auf PS2 (gelegentlich auch auf PS1/PS5)
Es wäre schade wenn PS2 untergehen würde.
Greetz COOLover

Official Member

Postby paco » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:50

Well.

I can't deny that in last month there are few players on PS2.
But don't worry...It's just a moment ! 8)
In the last days, our Sley making changes to the campaign: like new maps, new rotation and other. And we planning events.
It's important your interest, so I'm sure that many people will go back!
I think that the ps2 has important value to this community, has same game characteristics that there aren't on other server, so It'll be always present :)
Me, you, all... we are the PS2!
Join-in!

Remeber:
PS2 like arab phoenix legend: It'll rise from its ashes! :D

8) Paco 8)

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Sun Jun 28, 2009 23:09

PS 2 Will never be down:D fanatic ps 2 player samurai is always ready to fight a fresh fight on ps 2 :D. No panic guys. Sleyvas has to get into his job (he is like a learning person now) after that, ps 2 will get filled!

Hope is never Hopeless :lol:
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Veteran

Postby Sleyvas » Sun Jun 28, 2009 23:26

I hope we will get some ppls to ps2. This nasty pb kicks many ppls out today, cause pb is updated, but players can't update it if i'm wrong? I got same problem as saukko when i update it and start playing et all those files are deleted :o. Ye i'm still learning about server (just learned how to change rotation) xD, but maybe someday i don't need to learn anymore :p.

Official Member

Postby Evil » Mon Jun 29, 2009 0:24

if u have question ucan ask me ive program servers like 3 years or so ;)

btw sleyvas since when ur a server owner with crossyard? i see no note from it in admin news or in mf to annoucement us :D

Veteran

Postby Sleyvas » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:13

Evil wrote:if u have question ucan ask me ive program servers like 3 years or so ;)

btw sleyvas since when ur a server owner with crossyard? i see no note from it in admin news or in mf to annoucement us :D

I mean ps2 pb is updated automatically, but not players pb. We run pbweb.exe and get some files, but when i start playing et all those files are lost. Maybe bug or?

Since 5.6.09 if i remember well :p. Note should be on next announcement

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 13:31

It's just vacation.
Happens every year :P
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jun 29, 2009 13:58

Evil wrote:if u have question ucan ask me ive program servers like 3 years or so ;)

you should visit more ps2 :wink:

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=51 wrote:Yesterday, Evenbalance released a new Punkbuster update. It has been over 6 months since the last update for Enemy Territory was released.

"Version 1.747 of the PB Server for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release."

The spontaneous PB kicks on No Quarter 1.2.3 PB enabled servers should belong to the past, according to NQ developer Irata, "The current dev build runs [...] without kicking the windows clients. I assume 1.2.3 does too".

If you are getting kicked from PS2 or PS5 with messages like 'General PB Client Authentication Failure', run the pbweb.exe program from the 'pb' folder to update your installation. See our FAQ for more information.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Aug 04, 2009 19:37

>>Click Me<<

/locked
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009