No way!
11%

Total votes : 56
Talented Spammer

Postby Kitek » Thu Jun 18, 2009 15:08

Yes yes yes :D. Nice fun with this :D.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Jun 18, 2009 15:58

It s already added, will see how you will take it :) .

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Fri Jun 19, 2009 14:23

Dont forget the sound of the satchel bouncing on the floor is a give away if you are nearby. As mentioned..it has limited range, it is not as destructive as the panzer and runs on the power bar so it doesnt get spammed.
I see no problems...it would just look weird when using it on an objective :roll:

Would help disguise if you have medic suit, but the way the covops holds the pack...doesnt quite look the same :)

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:20

I killed one yesterday :)
hehe...
But true the sound is stupid :)

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Fri Jun 19, 2009 16:14

Deatheater wrote:I killed one yesterday :)
hehe...
But true the sound is stupid :)

Seems that there is a version without sound, i can change it, personaly i don t care about :wink: .

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Jun 19, 2009 16:52

lol in 20 minutes 14 satchel killsi had ^^, I think the sound should stay, otherwise it gets overpowered.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Jun 19, 2009 17:43

yeah but if you look at it in a reality way...
is a med box really heavyer then a satchel? yea a little but that shouldn't mean that you cant hear a med box fall an you can hear a satchel fall..

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Jun 19, 2009 17:49

I thought its about the fweeeeet that you get when you let it explode with that remote control thing. Or am i stupid? :P
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 18:06

I more think it's about the sound when it get dropped, when it hits the ground.. ^^
Indeed, let it like that, would be abused if the sound is removed. :P

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Fri Jun 19, 2009 18:39

Deatheater wrote:yeah but if you look at it in a reality way...

Stop searching for a "reality way", where did you saw a real soldier doing doublejump like a kangaroo, using stamina and runing faster than Usain Bolt ... :D

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:08

BOWDOWN wrote:

Stop searching for a "reality way", where did you saw a real soldier doing doublejump like a kangaroo, using stamina and runing faster than Usain Bolt ... :D

+1 Bow! :rofl:

There are high explosive liquids in the med bocks :P that's why it makes the sound :D
How is the testing running, Bow?
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:17

I don t realy see a real changes, those who were waiting for a massive satchel carnage will be disappointed :) , as i can see for the moment it s just a little fun add and nothing realy significant on the gameplay :wink: .

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:21

BOWDOWN wrote:

hmpf... never seen my homemade movie about Myself? :P
If I use the command !launch in my head i also jump higher then a plane :)

@smadje Jeah it was the dropping sound not the fweeet sound :)

And bow it's true there are no major changes and it only works good if you are in medic disguise, else it will be noticed even more.

Spam Kid

Postby Vaakku » Sat Jun 20, 2009 16:17

I tested it briefly today. Indeed, no fundamental changes that would require fundamental tactical reconfigurations.

However, satchel charge is now much more powerful. Not a deadly weapon of mass destruction, no, but clearly one of covert ops' greatest assets in pure damage dealing. A lone player can easily spot a lone med pack in a suspicious place, but the situation is rarely this ideal. The change has significantly lowered the satchel's visibility without adding any disadvantage. The recharge time and range were already a part of the balanced product.

My feelings are still pretty mixed. The worst case scenarios we debated earlier have certainly not come to be (not a big surprise here), but this has been a sheer improvement for covert ops in a way that devalues skillful placement of satchels and the various other means coverts already have. A more distinguishable form would surely balance this more.

Anyways, my testing was brief so more time is needed to finalize my view.
Quack!

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sat Jun 20, 2009 21:13

its definatly great makes the scatel an efective wepon :)

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56

I didnt read through any other posts but I want to reply here anyway.

I think tht it is an extremely good idea. I hear some people say spawn camp blabla but wtf? A satchel charge only has a small damage radius and its more meant for killing a single person. People like medics and lvl 9 Engis are able to avoid it extremely easy.

Another argument against spawncamping is tht, people have been using arties for an extremely long time and its far more powerfull imo. Hardly anyone complains about it and the recharge speed is extremely fast. Besides all this, you have to get NEAR the spawn to place it, which is pretty hard if the teams are balanced and your time has to be perfect if you want to make kills.

You have to be pretty "skilled" to use this as well, I dont see random people picking covert ops and using a satchel in a good way tbh. Also the Satchel charge is an underused weapon, it would be great to see more people using it.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Wed Jun 24, 2009 22:23

CheeKy wrote:
You have to be pretty "skilled" to use this as well, I dont see random people picking covert ops and using a satchel in a good way tbh. Also the Satchel charge is an underused weapon, it would be great to see more people using it.

Its only good for cp and obj destruction u dont have to be skilled to use cuz if ur skilled then u probably wont use it....
Besides cv is easy to detect in NOQ so it hard to get near spawn axit even if ur team is a bit stronger (unless u use a side road>> but then team balance wont matter).

Spam Kid

Postby c4f3r » Wed Jul 01, 2009 17:00

i think that it was realy good idea, Im sure that this change will make scathel much more popular and easier to kill with

Spam Kid

Postby Godfather » Thu Jul 16, 2009 20:13

ive also seen this on another server.
in my opinion add it to server to, good addition
satchel charges are so easy to spot normally

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Jul 16, 2009 20:18

Its already added for some weeks :) but no problem mate, in each case come check it out soon!
quoting deep:

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Thu Jul 16, 2009 21:13

Well it works good :> Players thing it's medic pack xD

Talented Spammer

Postby RamboBoy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:26

I love the new satchel charge it tricks some ppl and its hilarious to watch :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A prisoner of war is a man that tries to kill u and fails,and then begs for u not to kill himImage

Official Member

Postby wuju » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:59

Sometimes i use it.. it had great effectivity in Sands of time.. when alies are in second spawn.. most of them jump down to medi and ammo packs... its rly easy to kill there many ppl with one sachel.. just try to put it there :)

It was great idea to add that sachel to server.. it makes playing as covert op more funny.

Cya on PS1

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Jul 17, 2009 14:03

wuju84 wrote:It was great idea to add that sachel to server..

Thank you :) and No problem ^^

Spam Kid

Postby Spectre » Fri Jul 17, 2009 21:43

Rocks, really. Can't express how hard I laughed when a low-hp guy went to take that medpack and got boomed. 8)

Hilarious! :D

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009