11%

Total votes : 56
Official Member

New satchel charge?

Postby Death » Sun Jun 14, 2009 22:34

New satchel charge?

Just saw this one at Main Page.
It's just idea. What do you think?

::: It's an satchel charge only then in the shape of Medic package so it won't be noticed that quickly:::

Download: http://www.wolfmap.de/comments.php?news_id=2004

Tested on NQ 1.2.3 which runs on PS 1 so it would be possible.

It's just suggestion. Let me know what you think about it. You might also think that it's low, but imo it might be funny for the ones who see it for an normal medic package. So maybe it's not right for PS 1 but better in another server. Just let it know in a post.

Poll will run for 10 days.

Ofcourse if Bowdown doesn't want this it won't come but maybe it's an good idea for another server if some other Server Owner likes it.

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 22:43

I like the idea. It could bring something new to the game and make satchel more popular weapon. Coz imo it was always to easy to spot it.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Lord

Postby LaZerByte » Sun Jun 14, 2009 22:53

actually - I like the idea!! :D Adds some fun for cov ops.

Spam Kid

Postby vulcan » Sun Jun 14, 2009 23:11

I really like the idea
i already use the satchel in some maps and this would make it even nicer :D

->VULCAN<-
-Sneaky

Spam Kid

Postby Vaakku » Sun Jun 14, 2009 23:24

Implementing this idea evokes mixed feelings. Indeed, satchel charge is rarely an effective weapon and its successful usage depends heavily on its visibility. Thus I agree that a more deceiving appearance would actually make it good for other than just destroying objectives.

On the other hand, it is also meant to be secretive. A skilled covert op knows where he can gain kills and where it is useless. Frankly, I'm afraid that this improvement would make it far too good. It could start an era of spamming satchels in open places where they usually have been easily noticed.

The thing I fear most is a massive increase of satchels near spawns exits - as if other explosives and heavy weapons would not be enough. It would be very hard to distinguish a satchel from all the other health packs many medics tend to throw around after spawning. Also, other threats close to spawn exits are usually somehow avoidable: one can wait a pause in the mortar fire, evade the slow approaching panzer or even see the artillery / support fire signals. A satchel charge would sit on the ground in complete silence and one could only tell its true nature by going close to it - ergo, being killed by it.

To be honest, I haven't tried this anywhere myself, so this is just pondering. I'd be willing to try it, but I fear the worst.
Quack!

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Jun 14, 2009 23:38

Now i can give medic in disguise noone will even think im suspicious :D
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Sun Jun 14, 2009 23:51

well, is good 1 more help for cov ops, they have bad weapons, so is good this :wink:

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Jun 15, 2009 0:05

Well vaaku you are right ofcourse but imo people should respect rules... don't you think? Ofcourse there will be people who take advantage but they probally will get their punishment if nescesary

glad you all like it so far :)

Spam Lord

Postby RiCkY » Mon Jun 15, 2009 0:24

*Ricky Gives Deatheater a Medic*

Deatheater: yo mate it does not heal me :cry:

Ricky: hehehe Die! u ***hole *Click*

Satchet: hemmmmmm BOOM!!!

Deatheater: OMFG I fell for that!! o.0
Ricky: hehehehehehe *walks away laughing his ass off* *like this :rofl:*

Would be cool! :D

+1 vote from me :D
A good conversation is like a skirt,
short enough to keep your interest,
yet long enough to cover the subject.
- Zelos Wilder, Tales of Symphonia

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Jun 15, 2009 0:55

Vaakku wrote:Also, other threats close to spawn exits are usually somehow avoidable: one can wait a pause in the mortar fire, evade the slow approaching panzer or even see the artillery / support fire signals. A satchel charge would sit on the ground in complete silence and one could only tell its true nature by going close to it - ergo, being killed by it.
yep, thats the reason it shouldnt be added. it will just mess up the game.

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Mon Jun 15, 2009 0:57

If you just made them look a bit different then normal healthpacks, would make it better, but even if that aint possible i still like the idea.
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:06

Harpix wrote:If you just made them look a bit different then normal healthpacks, would make it better, but even if that aint possible i still like the idea.

like the medic sign on the top of the package in red for example :)
or overall a bit other color^^
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07

Diamond wrote:
Vaakku wrote:Also, other threats close to spawn exits are usually somehow avoidable: one can wait a pause in the mortar fire, evade the slow approaching panzer or even see the artillery / support fire signals. A satchel charge would sit on the ground in complete silence and one could only tell its true nature by going close to it - ergo, being killed by it.
yep, thats the reason it shouldnt be added. it will just mess up the game.

Woha, easy there mates. It is not like the satchels are going to create an Era of mass murder from the Covert ops class. It's just like a damn grenade and you won't even be killed by if you have enough HP. Secondly the covert ops always has to be in range of the satchel and in visual contact so he knows when to make it go off.
You also have to take in consideration the slow loading time for the satchel to blow and this counts for at least 1 second, so if some one comes running out of spawn and even jumping this person would only be damaged for about 40 hp, because he will be out of range when the satchel explodes!

I think it is a really great idea, because at the moment satchels are WAY to visible and are mostly used for destroying objectives.
I RARELY see a satchel used to kill enemies only, and I am talking about less than once a week.
So this would be a turn up for the covert ops :)

Way to go! I want this on PS 5. *begs sebbel*
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:09

Just a very slight other color. So that if you don't pay attention you wont notice it very fast or even not at all....
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Veteran

Postby Spikeyhog » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43

Heh I dunno if I like or dislike it.... I know it would be really fun and I'd love blowing someone up with it... but I also know I'm gonna end up being the one trying to pick it up! :D

Woo! But yeah it would be a good addition to the covert op's arsenal of weapons
~Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely~

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:46

i agree with u ammz, but im almost sure its gonna be a new sk weapon

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:36

I agree with you harpix. CHange the top medic sign to red if possible.. (i know i can't :P )

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:41

Totally cool idea. It would be nice to see it in PS1 ;)
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:47

Diamond wrote:i agree with u ammz, but im almost sure its gonna be a new sk weapon
I dont think so, most sk'ers are beginners, they maybe wont even notice that the satchel changed. When they do and do sk, it will be surely noticed by admins and it will ofc be removed. Its worth a try in each case!
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Kid

Postby Vaakku » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:20

Deatheater wrote:Well vaaku you are right ofcourse but imo people should respect rules... don't you think? Ofcourse there will be people who take advantage but they probally will get their punishment if nescesary

Yes, of course rule-breaking behaviour should be restricted as much as possible, but that was not my point actually. I don't refer to spawns themselves or what would be considered spawn killing or camping (ie. breaking rules per se). Instead this could add to the heavy fire near spawns - places where fresh enemies are abundant. Same places that are usually under e.g. mortar fire.

Ammz wrote:Woha, easy there mates. It is not like the satchels are going to create an Era of mass murder from the Covert ops class.

Indeed, I was rhetoric and certainly don't think the situation you described would become reality.

Ammz wrote:It's just like a damn grenade and you won't even be killed by if you have enough HP. Secondly the covert ops always has to be in range of the satchel and in visual contact so he knows when to make it go off.
You also have to take in consideration the slow loading time for the satchel to blow and this counts for at least 1 second, so if some one comes running out of spawn and even jumping this person would only be damaged for about 40 hp, because he will be out of range when the satchel explodes!

A damn grenade that explodes exactly where and when the thrower wishes to. And you definitely can be killed by it if you are near enough and not a medic with full health. Also the satchel range hardly is an issue presuming that the covert is going to stay somewhat near and throw some more (or finish his wounded victims). Direct visual contact is also not necessary in the case of spawn exits or other heavily used routes.

Ammz wrote:I think it is a really great idea, because at the moment satchels are WAY to visible and are mostly used for destroying objectives.
I RARELY see a satchel used to kill enemies only, and I am talking about less than once a week.

I have to agree with that. Also I think dynamites are pretty visible too and don't kill that many enemies. They, too, are used mainly to destroy objectives. I feel that the usage of satchel centers on its function to destroy objectives. A killing weapon? Sure, but it shouldn't be too effective from my point of view.

The different colour suggested is an excellent idea. Then satchels are more like they are now though and most of my points are not valid. The important thing however is that allied and axis satchels should look the same but they should be distinguihable from everything else - be it health packs or whatever else.
Quack!

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:30

I was thinking the outlook...
Imo if the stachel would look like ammo pack (dark green like or sumthing, not mega or giga), it would be easier to guess if theres stachel or not, since level 1 fop is pretty easily reached.

This however would be not a good idea for two reasons: axis covop would be easier to spot, since allied fops are... darker than usual ET character. 2nd it would cause in the worst case scenario HUGE teamkilling of new fieldops, who still have their small ammopacks.

Anyway, I would like to try this disguised stachel thing, since I like playing covop anyway :P

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:20

Omg Vaakku, your posts are really long everytime, can you make a summary for lazy readers like me? :)

They're cool, we should try.
I think all of you are exaggerating things. Maybe in the first times there will be more covert ops, then, when most of the people will have learnt how satchel looks like, the number of covert players will decrease and all the problems you have mentioned will disappear...
Or am I just thinking too much positive?? :)

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:28

Only a one week try will show how it works, until the final result of the test all theories are pretty useless :wink: . Will give a try soon.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 13:40

Vaakku wrote:
Ammz wrote:It's just like a damn grenade and you won't even be killed by if you have enough HP. Secondly the covert ops always has to be in range of the satchel and in visual contact so he knows when to make it go off.

A damn grenade that explodes exactly where and when the thrower wishes to. And you definitely can be killed by it if you are near enough and not a medic with full health. Also the satchel range hardly is an issue presuming that the covert is going to stay somewhat near and throw some more (or finish his wounded victims). Direct visual contact is also not necessary in the case of spawn exits or other heavily used routes.

If we are talking about PS 1 and let us as an example take the Goldrush axis' last spawn.
Now as probably most of all know PS1 is the most crowded server we have so when the axis spawn you will get a whole bunch of axis coming out and not just a few.

1. A satchel disguised as a med pack is in front of the 1st exit and the engy's go weee full HP for me! He runs over to it and suddenly he hears a sound and he goes -> 8O and then -> x( ...

The engineer died, so what do the rest of the axis do? They will run and pretend like nothing happened? No, I know I wouldn't... I would search for that damn covert ops! And if I can not find him I will choose to hide behind some bushes to find out where that scumbag is hiding!

If the covert ops has hacked the server and is invisible we will never find him! So what do the clever and super experienced axis player do? ...
He chooses to go an other way and avoid the motar fire, artilleries, air strikes, rifle grenades, grenades, bazooka rockets and satchels :)

Now, Vaakku you are talking about the worst case scenario.
New spawned players have at least 100 hp so they would have to stand VERY close to the satchel in order to be killed.

This is also not effective as a weapon because you will have to wait for the damn energy bar to load until you can use an other.
The covert ops would need to place himself in a location that no one passes by and a location where no one can see him either.
Even after throwing a couple of satchels he would have to relocate himself in order to save his life from the axis who found out where he was hiding.

The disguised satchel is much more effective as a weapon while being in disguise and in a combat zone, because the enemy will run towards it so they can get some hp.

I dunno if I am the only one, but I never get to kill any body that had full HP with a satchel, even if they weren't medics! I guess I just suck at this :P or the damage from satchels are higher at ps1? And lower at PS5?

Vaakku wrote:
Ammz wrote:I think it is a really great idea, because at the moment satchels are WAY to visible and are mostly used for destroying objectives.

I have to agree with that. Also I think dynamites are pretty visible too and don't kill that many enemies. They, too, are used mainly to destroy objectives. I feel that the usage of satchel centers on its function to destroy objectives. A killing weapon? Sure, but it shouldn't be too effective from my point of view.

The different colour suggested is an excellent idea. Then satchels are more like they are now though and most of my points are not valid. The important thing however is that allied and axis satchels should look the same but they should be distinguishable from everything else - be it health packs or whatever else.

I agree with the idea to paint the cross red :)
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jun 15, 2009 13:49

this is cool :D

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009