Spam Kid

Remove misastirith from rotation

Postby Kumagoro » Thu Nov 29, 2007 21:24

That map is hell of an unbalanced map, and it tends to cause HUGE lags
Winning it by axis is almost impossible

My vote: remove

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Thu Nov 29, 2007 21:33

voted no. imo its a good map for a 42 slot server and most ppl like it.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Veteran

Postby thomthom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 21:39

say yes. player dont play on this map only camp.

Axis can win but only teamwork.

Spam Kid

Postby Kumagoro » Thu Nov 29, 2007 21:52

thomthom wrote:Axis can win but only teamwork.

What is nearly impossible on a FFA server

icefrost, did you EVER see the things that happen on that map? Everybody just camps, if allies get their brownings and snipers well placed, it's IMPOSSIBLE to go up a ramp on one of the levels, let alone planting a dyno there.

Veteran

Postby ---Henry--- » Thu Nov 29, 2007 22:25

icefrost wrote:voted no. imo its a good map for a 42 slot server and most ppl like it.

:good:

Totally agree

Henry

Veteran

Postby -KrIpTo- » Thu Nov 29, 2007 22:47

vote no..

It's true that in minas many players laggs.. :?

But it's a good map..

U can always go with alliens Kumagoro..NO? :) :?:

I think as Henry and Icefrost 8)

CyA

Veteran

Postby Repta » Thu Nov 29, 2007 23:18

Remove it useless camp map, i say make a server only minas and let the people that want a camp fest do it there.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Thu Nov 29, 2007 23:19

Kumagoro wrote:

icefrost, did you EVER see the things that happen on that map? Everybody just camps, if allies get their brownings and snipers well placed, it's IMPOSSIBLE to go up a ramp on one of the levels, let alone planting a dyno there.

sure, i played this map like 100 times on PS so i know how it's going. if the rifle nade damage gets lowered (offtopic) and the support fire amount gets lowered (offtopic too) then it will be a nice battle and a even map for both teams. and last but not least teamplay will hopefully getting better and together u can reach those ramps if u get some tacs. so i don't have much negative points against this map. but yea, everybody got his own opinion... so lets wait for the vote decision, or prolly owner's decision :coffee:

Spam Kid

Postby glennos » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:07

it is a ncie map for getting ludacris kill and much xp

everyody like's that map 8O

don't do it out of the rotation :p

we love that map

Veteran

Postby Jonny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:12

buuuuuuuuuu.... that map is great! If is meny players on server its very good map! And thats what we wanna do! Big map = meny players. meny players = ..... <<< you should know :) goooooooood fun.

Guys!? For wath we play? Just for fun!

Drunk Jonny...

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:58

I voted no because i like that map and always i did yesterday my spree record and personal best and i did my first Ludacrous kill in my life :D :P
But anyway anymore do that ****ing camp next time try to make that plant **** but i did but othere dude was first -_-
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Fri Nov 30, 2007 13:04

Like icefrost say, this map can be win by axis and like ice i saw this many times (also i play with axis teams and we won). Yes that true this map is big, hard and can lag sb. But in my opinion this is once of the best map, i like it.
If i can sth say i want voted no.
ImageImage
`` I`m not full of fear 'cause I`m not really here I`m nowhere near here ...``
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... iia/simple come back to WoW Dagtard :)

Talented Spammer

Postby Scit257 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 13:18

axxis always win the map when I play axxis, not so many noobs use up my arty and airstrikes and some attacking medics and engis are in the team.

Main problem is that axxis are afraid of dying and only a few really attack.

Example: 20 Axxis player - highest numger of medics(7-10) 2 Field ops and the rest engis. No one could stop that not even the brownings.

But as it is a few medics, 4-5 engis, 5 field ops, 5 covert ops and even heavy weapons you cant win. Its strategy and that means too not always playing the class you like most!

So it´s not "take minastirith out of rotation" BUT "take pussy and none team-player out of the game"

Veteran

Postby Repta » Fri Nov 30, 2007 17:22

icefrost wrote:
Kumagoro wrote:

sure, i played this map like 100 times on PS so i know how it's going. if the rifle nade damage gets lowered (offtopic) and the support fire amount gets lowered (offtopic too) then it will be a nice battle and a even map for both teams. and last but not least teamplay will hopefully getting better and together u can reach those ramps if u get some tacs. so i don't have much negative points against this map. but yea, everybody got his own opinion... so lets wait for the vote decision, or prolly owner's decision :coffee:

Rifle-nades are the only things that can stop those mgs/snipers... if you lower them it becomes even more a camp fest so > a win for allies. Remove the map or lower the max players. Axis can only win this map with this amount of players with unbalanced teams or extreme teamwork but that doesnt exist on a pub.

I wouldnt mind if it was for 30 min but this map takes 1hour!! You could also lower the max time limit because it is a lost cause for axis anyway.

Veteran

Postby Coyote » Fri Nov 30, 2007 20:04

It's a good map for 42 players, if the server can handle it, but it can't

When it's full, it lags so much

And when there are few players on the map is just too big.

And as people have already admitted, they like the map just because they get XP and sprees - the exact problem - it results in BOTH teams camping at either spawn with snipers, mgs and field ops to get kills and sprees but this gets very boring after an hour.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Fri Nov 30, 2007 20:55

Repta wrote:
icefrost wrote:
Kumagoro wrote:

Rifle-nades are the only things that can stop those mgs/snipers... if you lower them it becomes even more a camp fest so > a win for allies. Remove the map or lower the max players. Axis can only win this map with this amount of players with unbalanced teams or extreme teamwork but that doesnt exist on a pub.

I wouldnt mind if it was for 30 min but this map takes 1hour!! You could also lower the max time limit because it is a lost cause for axis anyway.

yea and if u try to rush as axis always some support fire and / or a rifle nade will stop u too. well about MG, just set a limit there for this map and it should be more even.

setting the timelimit to 30 min is just not needed. let the map stay or remove it, but no timechanges.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sat Dec 01, 2007 15:56

This map is good during the day, when server is full, but at night, with few players, it becomes so annoying and 1 hour (if axis are not so good) in this map is very long...

Veteran

Postby Eyebrow_Rum » Sat Dec 01, 2007 17:04

I love the map. But if axis cant get through, an hour is long. Maybe they should implement time extensions. Just start with 15 minutes and get 5 or 10 minutes per gate.

If Axis dont do teamwork.. they just lose faster.

Veteran

Postby Coyote » Sun Dec 02, 2007 14:23

I was playing MLB Daybreak the other day and saw that the time extends as the map progresses, maybe this should be bought into this map?

That way if Axis can't get to the next gate within say 15 minutes then the map stops, but if they do it increases by 20 mins or whatever

Veteran

Postby thomthom » Sun Dec 02, 2007 18:26

It is a good idea with time extends 10 min pro gate and 15 on start.

:idea: or (and) the respawn time by axis are faster.... :?: :!:

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2007