mhh oO should I buy?

Old server topics and posts from 2007, Read only
Spam Pro

mhh oO should I buy?

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Nov 26, 2007 15:31

Would u recommend me ETQW?
Is it fun like RTCW:ET? or more? or less?
Is buying ETQW wasting money or a good investment?

I've allready played the demo, but i don't know what i should do oO
Demo is only one map (:
And nothing more ..

Thx :twisted:

Talented Spammer

Postby Afterlife » Mon Nov 26, 2007 18:45

im having the same, played the demo a few hours and i like it, but i really miss things like binding ur own keys i dunno what to do eighter :/

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 19:04

I try it. Some stuff are really cool (vehicule, aircraft), but I dont like so much the Quake'World... So I play only GDF side.

WET is much better on some point for me.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon Nov 26, 2007 21:04

@ Spyhawk
I only played the demo so far, for quite some hours :P but i noticed that the longer you play the less you pay attention to the looks of it. If the gameplay is solid and with QW it is the looks and characters will become less important imo.

@ Afterlife
QW isnt that different from ET, config wise, you can still use the same console and more or less the same cvars and binds, its all there :)

But notice that with QW you dont need to enter a / or \ just the command/cvar and thats it.

This is a great recource, there is a lot to find and helped me with some tweaks;
http://4newbies.planetwolfenstein.gamespy.com/ETQW/

@ Phoenixx
But did you like the demo?
Yes its only 1 map but dont expect all kinds of new and extra stuff within the full version, its pretty much what you see is what you get :P
Although some say that Valley is 1 of their least favorite maps and with 12 maps you have at least something to choose from :wink:

P.S. Dont forget that Splashdamage, the creator of RTCW, ET and QW, cares a lot about their gamers and the entire community. They are still improving and tweaking the game as we speak.

It can not be compared to some big pile of patched and buggy crap like battlefield for example.
Clans and Clanbases are already starting up and developing their rulesets, so I think we can soon expect a mod, expansion, whatever similar to that of ETPro
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam Pro

Postby Phoenixx » Tue Nov 27, 2007 15:14

mhhh thx 4 ur info :)
i had really liked the demo oO
but i was in doubt if the rest of the game, full version are as good as valley xD
an was good as ET ..
I'll fall my decision after Chrismas (:

but i'll buy it not before the PS server is online ^^

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2007