Rifle nades

Old server topics and posts from 2007, Read only
Veteran

Rifle nades

Postby Coyote » Tue Nov 13, 2007 13:59

Sorry, but i think they are just too powerful and in some cases worse than heavy wepons

There are some guys who are ace with them (such as Repta :D) but other times Im getting killed 3 or 4 times in a row by my team with them..one guy got over 20 TKs with his, but also got highest fragger :?

Not only that but they are near impossible to beat, as they bounce off of walls and such they allow people to shoot around corners, etc. and kill all classes instantly without a chance of opening fire :?

And, like people being medics jsut to heal themselves, people choose the engineer class just to use rifle, and not complete objective :x

Is there are any chance of lowering damage, disabling 'wall bounce' or limiting them more (such as 1 per team with heavy weapons)

Veteran

Postby wenszy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 14:19

Omg, these new topics about the rifle nades has to stop. Its been discussed many times. Just search the old topic, but dont open topics for it every time.

i think you just have to deal with it cause i dont like rambo medics for example. tje riflenades is just a thing that should be there to get the classes more even. Just dont act like rambo on the field but be more aware of the nades.

its not the nade that is strong, it are the players who are running arond the field only trying to frag and dont look around the phsyical environment. just be more carefull... that is what i think about it.

i hate rambo medics to avoid them i play more secure, you hate strong rifles nades, just do same as me, avoid them by playing more secure
well to solve all my problems
to get out of drugs
i'd had enough of that
i decided i was gonna'
find a new way of life

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Tue Nov 13, 2007 14:55

About those Teamkills;

Perhaps the serverowner(s) should change the friendlyfire setting, so that players receive the same or half of the damage they inflict at their teammates. This should make people more aware of their firing + teamkillers get immediate payback by themselves :lol:
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Official Member

Postby addshore » Tue Nov 13, 2007 15:26

Yeh warren thats a very good idea :)

Addshore

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Tue Nov 13, 2007 16:45

But if someone jumps in front of him and stuff to annoy him, he gets killed

Veteran

Postby Repta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 17:58

Rifle is good atm ^^ and is needed. It is the best anti camp weapon, you will need it for example on minas to kill all those snipers/mgs. Please dont start to nerf the snipers and mgs so you can nerf the rifle. Just as happend with the medic. You also need skill to use the rifle (i have for example 4-5 years so it isnt strange that i know how to use this weapon) as do you when using a smg... good players can also kill you in no time with a smg. You say that there are many tks then punish the players not the weapon.

I think it is bullshit that medics can only choose single handguns. They start out with less ammo that should be there punish. Other classes also have their strenghts. Engineer more nades and rifle, fieldops airstrikes/artillery that is powerfull on these full servers etc

I think only the shotgun is in need of a little buff and the sten, because it is very hard to kill players with those weapons.

Veteran

Postby kica » Tue Nov 13, 2007 22:08

Repta wrote:I think only the shotgun is in need of a little buff and the sten, because it is very hard to kill players with those weapons.

Yes , i agree especially with sten cuz from lil distance it's damn hard to kill someone with that 16-18 bullets , and u need manyyy HS to kill enemy from far distance (once time I must shot about 10 HS to get enemy kill)

Veteran

Postby RollinNewt » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:57

ive believed for a long time an accurate rifle nade should leave u with say 10hp, so a simply rifle shot finishes the job. Now i also agree that riflenades prevent rembo medics, no problem there, but they also prevent maps been played propperly. For example catherdral. Once allies have blown the main door its usually a massive battle of nades between allies n axis over the small 1 route space. Same goes for the cmd post area once the allies have built it. Theres simply some maps that are built 2 not accomodate 1kill rifle nades, good maps they are, but are ruined by the rifle nade damage.
And i do agree that rifle nades have become the new panzer. Newbs usually take such a weapon and it causes more problems than good.

Now i really dunno but is it not possible 2 change riflenade damage from map 2 map? because theres only 5 or 6maps that are riflenade unfriendly, the rest its fair play.

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 15:27

leaving 10 hp would be perfect, you would need to shoot a nade and one single shot with your rifle, isnt that enough?
changing from map to map is too confusing imo, (map becomes much stronger suddenly.... )

1 nade 1 bullet, that should really be enouth...

if a nade knocks out a medic, its surely able to knock out 2 or 3 engis who try to do their obj but fail, cause one is shooting one nade from distance

Veteran

Postby jord » Fri Nov 16, 2007 20:12

i think ps server need complain with 10 tk = autokick! it is my opinion ^^
good luck :)

see u

Official Member

Postby addshore » Fri Nov 16, 2007 22:52

You could alwasy just enable complaints.
Whenever someone tk's the guy that got killed has the choice to file a complaint if he didnt mean to tk then he may not file a complaint.
If this guy is tking all the time he will get kicked very quickly

Maybe set the limit to 10? :)

Addshore

Veteran

Postby Coyote » Sat Nov 17, 2007 20:46

In open spaces of maps, it's ok to use

but in corridoors etc. it's impossible to beat

1) They can shoot around corners - how can anyone do anything about that? I can't see them, nor can I shoot them, but they can kill me...

2) They are too powerful - on venice the other day 2 medics, one eng and a covops all died at once from ONE nade - and at least 3 of them had full health (i know because I just healed them). Compare 1 rifle nade killing 4 to 10+ headshots ot kill the same amount - and the HS require accuaracy, the rifle - none

3) They go off instantly. Unlike grenades you cna't get out of the way, they go off before you have a chance to react

Veteran

Postby Repta » Sat Nov 17, 2007 21:05

Coyote wrote:In open spaces of maps, it's ok to use

but in corridoors etc. it's impossible to beat

1) They can shoot around corners - how can anyone do anything about that? I can't see them, nor can I shoot them, but they can kill me...

2) They are too powerful - on venice the other day 2 medics, one eng and a covops all died at once from ONE nade - and at least 3 of them had full health (i know because I just healed them). Compare 1 rifle nade killing 4 to 10+ headshots ot kill the same amount - and the HS require accuaracy, the rifle - none

3) They go off instantly. Unlike grenades you cna't get out of the way, they go off before you have a chance to react

1)In open spaces the rifle is very hard to use in open spaces the smg is easier so it compares to the close spaces.

2)Why would you stand with 4 players on 1m2?? own fault i say. The same "problem" you have with artillery and air-strikes. Air-strikes get easy monster-kills.

3)You can time grenades and throw then in someones face and he is also dead.

4)Riflenades arent the only weapons were multi-kills are made with or sprees. For example most of the time the highest fragger is a medic with smg. Artillery and air-strikes are even more destructive. MGs can easy get many kills because of the many players.

The problem is the many players, with less players explosives are less powerful because there arent so many players close to each other. limit the max players>all problems solved.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2007