What is the rule on trickjumping

Old server topics and posts from 2007, Read only
Spam Kid

What is the rule on trickjumping

Postby AWCADDET » Mon Oct 29, 2007 18:36

Hay guys, i am wandering about what the final view on trick jumping around maps is.

Over the weekend while playing, i was field ops and i trick jumped around the map Fuel Depot. I was allies and i was jumping around to different areas in axis (before we blew up door), when i then started getting told of by a player (with some power, but not member or admin) to not trick jump for objective.

This is where i am confused, i wasn't trickjumping for objective, how could i possibly blow up the depot while being field ops?
I generally tend to jump around maps for both fun and an advantage gain, however i am totally against doing it to complete maps, sometimes i just do it to get ready for the enemy when they spawn there. (not sk)

So can please someone finalize what the rule is for me?

Am i allowed to trick jump around maps as long as i don't do it to help objectives or not?

- AWCADDET

Veteran

Postby Varoth » Mon Oct 29, 2007 18:41

if you are trickjumping without using it as advantage to do objective then it's fine. the rule is "no trickjump for objective" :)

from your story it sounds that you didnt break that rule.

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Mon Oct 29, 2007 19:00

Varoth wrote:if you are trickjumping without using it as advantage to do objective then it's fine. the rule is "no trickjump for objective" :)

from your story it sounds that you didnt break that rule.

+1 :wink:

Forbidden Server Behaviour

No farming or XP whoring. Standing around only handing out ammopacks or medpacks is considered farming/whoring. Handing out ammopacks to a soldier with a dispatched mortar (in use) as a Field Ops is allowed and is NOT considered as farming.
Don’t block doorways or paths for your teammates on purpose.
Don’t push your teammates, for example; when they are sniping, mortaring, using a mg. Pushing your teammates of high ledges is also forbidden. Pushing is ONLY allowed when a teammate is blocking a doorway or path (see the point above).
Don’t defuse or activate landmines placed by other teammates on purpose.
Don’t defuse dynamite placed by other teammates.
Don’t steal an enemy’s uniform if another Covert Ops from your team killed that enemy.
Don’t trickplant or use your teammates as a step up to plant dynamite, for example; planting dynamite at the guns from the outside on the oasis map.
Don’t use map bugs, exploits or secret rooms.
Don’t use trickjumps or doublejumps to complete a map objective, for example; jumping over the wall as an engineer to blow up the fuel dump to complete the map.
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Spam Kid

Postby AWCADDET » Mon Oct 29, 2007 19:19

OK, thanks you guys, it was just this guy thretend me with getting kicked and banned from server, i got anxious.

Thanks for the quick reply also :)

- AWCADDET

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 19:50

so trickjump over wall as field ops and artillery the axis in there back has no influence on objective?? o0

Spam Kid

Postby AWCADDET » Wed Nov 14, 2007 20:10

Where did i say anything about using artillery?...

In fact, the axis hadn't even spawned there while i was jumping around the place.

Talented Spammer

Postby Madame » Wed Nov 14, 2007 22:00

Why cant u understand it, tj is allowed. Only exeption is this : Don’t use trickjumps or doublejumps to complete a map objective, for example; jumping over the wall as an engineer to blow up the fuel dump to complete the map.

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Wed Nov 14, 2007 23:34

Dutchman wrote:so trickjump over wall as field ops and artillery the axis in there back has no influence on objective?? o0

So yes it maybe influence the obj, but he doesnt complete it so its fine ;)

if you dont know the rule and tell someone else about it ;)

Veteran

Postby NeverMind » Thu Nov 15, 2007 18:23

Some of you guys are jumping over the Oasis City Wall while being a engineer.
Trickjumping as an engineer is abit confusing for players / admins.
Normaly if you trickjump as an engineer, you're going to plant the dynamite at the bombplaces.
If they see you jumping over the wall as engineer and you don't want to plant the bom, they still thinking you're a rulebreaker because they all think you want to plant the dynamite because your an engineer.

Because of this, your risking a kick/ban because of ''Trickjumping'' for objective.

Maby it's better if you don't trickjump with classes you need for the objective. For example: Using a trickjump as an engineer at the axis second spawn at the fueldump.

Greetz -|PS|-.Leroy<3
Xfire:Reddevil5

Gold Star

Postby nooth » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:27

Would it not just be easier to change the rule into all TJ are forbidden? This will only confuse admins, the wat it is now.. And i can not imagine that not being allowed to TJ will harm the game for the players, right?
!!Gnothé Seauton!!

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:52

nooth wrote:Would it not just be easier to change the rule into all TJ are forbidden? This will only confuse admins, the wat it is now.. And i can not imagine that not being allowed to TJ will harm the game for the players, right?

Neeh, i think tj over wall in Oasis should be allowed to kill all the engi's who are planting mines and stuff near the guns

Gold Star

Postby nooth » Fri Nov 16, 2007 14:45

okay, but then you must understand that you as an admin will be busy warning, kicking or banning peepz who dont understand what is and is not allowed. I didnt know untill yesterday.

(maybe that says more about me then about the rule :D )
!!Gnothé Seauton!!

Spam Lord

Postby Zubaka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 18:34

I think you're allowed to Trickjump if you don't go for objective ;].

Veteran

Postby Cinek » Fri Nov 16, 2007 18:54

nooth wrote:okay, but then you must understand that you as an admin will be busy warning, kicking or banning peepz who dont understand what is and is not allowed. I didnt know untill yesterday.

(maybe that says more about me then about the rule :D )

But that is the job of admins. They have to explain, warn, kick or ban if it's need to. They should explain player, who don't know, what is forbidden and why.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2007