Detect and Ban cheater ... [final version]

Old server topics and posts from 2007, Read only
Talented Spammer

Postby ven0m » Tue Oct 30, 2007 17:42

Nice landser :D
<div>There will be blood!!!</div><br />

Veteran

Postby mem » Tue Oct 30, 2007 18:03

landser wrote:in which line what to add?

can you pm me? :P

pm sended :wink:

Spam Kid

Postby AWCADDET » Wed Oct 31, 2007 0:08

So normal players cant use this system anymore?

Only just now i was playing, and i thought it was a cheater, so i entered "/pb_plist" and then gathered the slot number and did "!check x"

I check the command window again and i saw something along the lines of failed or denied.

It would be a shame if people cant use it, how about regulars? Its just that there are times when there aren't any PS members and admins on, and a cheater can ruin the entire game :(

I also cannot view where they are saved to then post to you if it is a cheater, but i gather that was from the password being added :)

Veteran

Postby fUnner » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:38

AWCADDET wrote:So normal players cant use this system anymore?

Only just now i was playing, and i thought it was a cheater, so i entered "/pb_plist" and then gathered the slot number and did "!check x"

I check the command window again and i saw something along the lines of failed or denied.

It would be a shame if people cant use it, how about regulars? Its just that there are times when there aren't any PS members and admins on, and a cheater can ruin the entire game :(
I also cannot view where they are saved to then post to you if it is a cheater, but i gather that was from the password being added :)

right, but what happens when you can see the screenshot and it is still no admin around? Nothing.
You can do nothing without the lvl. Only saying: " there is a cheater".
This dont change the situation that no admin is around :)
and when an admin arrives you can tell him to check the screens to do something.
Imo: its the right decision to put a pw to the folder. If there is a cheater the ppls can call an admin via xfire. There is no diffrent if the ppl checks the folder for the screen or the admin. It's only more safety.

fUnner

PS Founder

Postby landser » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:01

fUnner wrote:
AWCADDET wrote:So normal players cant use this system anymore?

right, but what happens when you can see the screenshot and it is still no admin around? Nothing.
You can do nothing without the lvl. Only saying: " there is a cheater".
This dont change the situation that no admin is around :)
and when an admin arrives you can tell him to check the screens to do something.
Imo: its the right decision to put a pw to the folder. If there is a cheater the ppls can call an admin via xfire. There is no diffrent if the ppl checks the folder for the screen or the admin. It's only more safety.

fUnner

the whole cheater system was thought this way:

a player thinks somebody cheats and before posting the forum to get an admin to check, the player could check the cheater himself ...
so they admins dont have to come to server and to check him but only have to check the PB screenie ... (this saves the demo taking time => faster ban)

if you got now a cheater, check him with the !check command and the admins will get him fast ... btw i will lower the level for this command to level 3 or 4 ;)

Spam Kid

Postby AWCADDET » Wed Oct 31, 2007 18:37

OK, Cool , thanks Landser, i will try and add any admins that there are on server to my xfire for such cases :D

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2007