Detect and Ban cheater ... [final version]

Old server topics and posts from 2007, Read only
PS Founder

Detect and Ban cheater ... [final version]

Postby landser » Mon Oct 29, 2007 17:37

Thx to many people who helped me developing this :)

how it works:

if you think somebody might cheat, open your console (button under escape) and enter: /pb_plist
pick there the slot of the cheater out (the slot is the number behind the "Punkbuster Client") and than enter !check slotnumber
the screenshot will be saved here: http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/ps5/pb/
(btw, only the .png files are successfull screenshots - the .html are unsuccessfull screenshots, do it again)

if you see on any screenshot something strange (like coloured skins or anything which you dont see on your screen) than make a post on forum with a link to the screenshot and the cheater can be banned without watching a demo or anything ...

pls post your "ban-request" in PS5 forum ;)

Spam Pro

Postby Checker » Mon Oct 29, 2007 18:59

hey good work does this worka t all servers?

Official Member

Postby addshore » Mon Oct 29, 2007 19:03

Im guessing atm only on ps5

Spam Pro

Postby Checker » Mon Oct 29, 2007 19:24

k but i think it is very good when all servers get this system to caught cheater faster

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 19:43

Question at Landser:

When doing !check slot silently, does it say in mainchat that a pb ss has been taken from a player? Or does only the one who did that command get this notification?

If everyone can read that, I suggest to change it :P

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon Oct 29, 2007 20:31

Few suggestions;

- remove pbsvss.htm please, (some) cheaters can take advantage of all those (innocent) guids posted in there :roll:
- the pbss size settings are incorrect, at least 1000px by 1000px is never gonna work ;)

Do some research;
- http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.p ... shot_Setup
- http://www.evenbalance.com/publications ... creenshots

- Last but not least;

Also, PunkBuster will not allow more than 3 screenshots to be requested from each player within any 10 minute period, nor allow a screenshot to be requested within 30 seconds of the previous request.

Requesting screenshots too soon after each other will result in incomplete and/or failed screenshots. Dont know if its possible to built in a fixed delay?

Edit: And to be honest... i think you should only make this available for members/admins.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Veteran

Postby mem » Mon Oct 29, 2007 21:09

Wastl wrote:Question at Landser:

When doing !check slot silently, does it say in mainchat that a pb ss has been taken from a player? Or does only the one who did that command get this notification?

If everyone can read that, I suggest to change it :P

with etpub you can send a feedback with "chatclient [n]" instead of chat, NQ surely have something like this :wink:

ape mate wrote:- remove pbsvss.htm please, (some) cheaters can take advantage of all those (innocent) guids posted in there

agree, but can't be removed just with rm -f, each !check will create a new help file.
perhaps the script you suggested to Lands can be helpfull here ? (this one, can't test it for now, i'll have more time to try on my serv next week :P)

bananas freak wrote:Edit: And to be honest... i think you should only make this available for members/admins.

agree again, and same about the command itself, since it could be useless to type x times !check x where you just need to type it at a good moment, imo members/admins (or candidates, could be a nice addon for them..) have to handle that, not guests or players

Server Owner

Postby stephan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 21:24

we had already an script but it gaves some problems with missing ftp command on the root and some errors with the syntax of the cp cmd!

memnoch:
i tried that script too on the ps3 root but it dont worked!

if needed i can help with adding an password/login dialog so that only members/people have access that know the pw/username!!

Veteran

Postby ---Henry--- » Mon Oct 29, 2007 21:28

Hmm nice thing Lands :)
Hope they will never come on -|PS|- servers anymore!

Henry

Veteran

Postby mem » Mon Oct 29, 2007 21:54

stephan wrote:if needed i can help with adding an password/login dialog so that only members/people have access that know the pw/username!!

i just tried to set an user/password for a test folder, don't work.. so i guess Lands don't allow the use of .htaccess :P

Official Member

Postby addshore » Mon Oct 29, 2007 22:27

The Big Ape wrote:
Also, PunkBuster will not allow more than 3 screenshots to be requested from each player within any 10 minute period, nor allow a screenshot to be requested within 30 seconds of the previous request.

Requesting screenshots too soon after each other will result in incomplete and/or failed screenshots. Dont know if its possible to built in a fixed delay?

Nah its not that time limit that causes incomplete or failed screenshots.
PB will automaticly just not even try to take the screenshot if one was taken of perosn 30 secs before or 3 in 10 mins.
I dont think there si a way to take this off either :S
All the incomplete screenshots e.t.c are just a bad file transfer e.t.c like mega lags can cause it not to send the screenshot.

I agree that maybe tinker with the settings so that maybe it shows the whole screen :wink:
Also make it a circle maybe? ^^

Addshore over and out
Last edited by addshore on Mon Oct 29, 2007 22:28, edited 2 times in total.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Mon Oct 29, 2007 22:27

kk i will increase the needed level amount to do the check command to level 6 (many people did a !check spam :/ )

just setted the wight and hight to 800 x 600 (like done on the pb ss, thx warren for link)

and the every 30 second getting a screenshot but maximal 3 screenshots in 10 minutes rule is also active ... i mean: if somebody does 100 times !check 5, there only will be 3 screenshots in 10 minutes ...

ok just uploaded the shrubbot.cfg ... only level 6+ is able to do !check and nevermind if you get a confimation, only every 30 seconds a screenshot of the same player and 3 pbss in 10 mins ;)

btw warren, deleting the pbsvss.htm got no use because - like said - it will be auto putted there again ...

btw2 memnoch / nemesis, if you want this for also for your servers, pm me ;)

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 22:36

landser wrote:btw warren, deleting the pbsvss.htm got no use because - like said - it will be auto putted there again ...

if its about the guids, then just - as warren also said - protect it with a password - if possible :P

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon Oct 29, 2007 22:51

addshore wrote:Nah its not that time limit that causes incomplete or failed screenshots.

I suggest you read the various punkbuster forums before you reply :)

@ Lands
Than you shouldnt make it available for the whole world to see imo.

PS Founder

Postby landser » Mon Oct 29, 2007 23:28

only people who read this post will get these screenshots ...

i think we should let it public ... on this way the players can check whos cheating and post it very fast ...

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Mon Oct 29, 2007 23:51

And how about you chmod the file to 600?
If that file is still there i wont play at ps5 cause i care about my guid ;)

Server Owner

Postby stephan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:20

mh maybe make an script in there that gets opened every time when you go in that directory that parse the pbss.htm and list the screenies in another files and delete the pbss.htm and then askes for an password if its correct the list will be shown! ;)

Veteran

Postby Wastl » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:19

In my opinion, protect the folder with an password and we'll se warren on ps5 again :P

PS Founder

Postby landser » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:26

hmmm :/

the idea of this was to give normal players without any high levels the oportunity to detect cheaters and report them on forum with a very fast checkable proof to get an admin to ban them ...

i dont want to remove it because it realy can help if no admin is around but you can see the guids :/

but anyway ... there are enough commands to get the guid of the players without this system :/

Server Owner

Postby stephan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:34

i think its saver to make an pw protection for the complete folder because you can get the guid ip and all that shit too from the image file there is the guid and so on inside written in plain text! so i think its not difficult to make an programm what checks all scrennshot png from pb000001 to pb000100 and gets the guid out of it! so i think teh best protection is taht landser activate the .htaccess file or make an pw prottection over the webserver config!

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:35

landser wrote:i dont want to remove it because it realy can help if no admin is around but you can see the guids :/

protecting is something else than removing.

but anyway ... there are enough commands to get the guid of the players without this system :/

Never the full guid, only the last 8 characters (im not talking about !finger cause thats a dedicated command).

PS Founder

Postby landser » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:16

kk

i will figure out how to set a pw on this folder ... warren you got a pm :P

Veteran

Postby mem » Tue Oct 30, 2007 16:58

landser wrote:i will figure out how to set a pw on this folder

just allow it in apache config :P

Spam King

ban cheat

Postby probro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 17:00