PS1 Suggestions? Config Changes? Bugs? Post them here!

Old server topics and posts from 2007, Read only
Official Member

Postby addshore » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:03

Offtopic

Well atm for some reason i cant stay connected to any PB server :S
Keep Saying pnkbustrB or A cant communicate :P

Ontopic

Well maybe try it with a clean PB for a wekk and see what hapens?
Ps1 was PB before and it was good. More players than now came :P

Addshore

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:42

Cause they change the pb architecture on windows some weeks ago.

You should tell your firewall to keep PBa and PBb service running through it.

Official Member

Postby addshore » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:29

Spyhawk wrote:Cause they change the pb architecture on windows some weeks ago.

You should tell your firewall to keep PBa and PBb service running through it.

I have no firewall for outbound connections :P
Only inbound that have not already been sent something from my pc

In other words they arnt blocked and i have never had this problem before

Addshore

Ill post in ethelpdesk so not to make this topic a bit offtopic

Official Member

Postby addshore » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32

Well.
We can always try with PB jsut make sure it is updated this time :P

Also we dont want to may addons.
Just like 5 news files like gratz trance memnoch e.t.c
And i dont think we need the edited skins either :S
The 30 second sounds are good but maybe make them smaller. ?

Addshore

Veteran

Postby Szeryf » Fri Oct 19, 2007 23:31

PS1 is almost the same as PS2 maybe we can just turn on heavy weapons 1 of kind per team what do you think?
HW r part of this game dont be afraid of noobs useing them if they break rules there r admins to deal with them!!

Spam Kid

Postby mad_tda » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:01

And Now for Something Completely Different

Have you ever thought about to disable self healing of a medic (own medpacks heal himself).
I dont like these "run away" medics pushing up his health while running away.
Second i dont like medic who "dont know" how to heal other ppl.
Think the primary job of a medic is to support, not being the most powerful fighter.

What's your opinion about this setup?

btw. played this setup (and much more restriced) at cfb (clan franco belge) so you can look at such a setup without killing a PS server.

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:31

I'm not sure this idea will make all the players happy :roll: specially the profesionnal medic's killing machines... :P

But im my humble opinion, it could be a good thing. ET is a teamplay game, and doing something could be fun for all objectifs whorers, like me, and like you, Mad TDA. :)

Another thing : Since NQ is on every PS server (except fomokland and PS6), there is a lot of players, and e lot of lag. Sometimes PS1 is just unplayable. :( I avoid in the past to play on PS2 for same reasons, and actually i could play only very late on the evening when there is not to few people on server.

If the server lost some players, that doesn't matter. They also can go to PS2, PS3, or PS5 server.

Veteran

Postby ---Henry--- » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:35

Spyhawk wrote:I'm not sure this idea will make all the players happy :roll: specially the profesionnal medic's killing machines... :P

But im my humble opinion, it could be a good thing. ET is a teamplay game, and doing something could be fun for all objectifs whorers, like me, and like you, Mad TDA. :)

Another thing : Since NQ is on every PS server (except fomokland and PS6), there is a lot of players, and e lot of lag. Sometimes PS1 is just unplayable. :( I avoid in the past to play on PS2 for same reasons, and actually i could play only very late on the evening when there is not to few people on server.

If the server lost some players, that doesn't matter. They also can go to PS2, PS3, or PS5 server.

I don't have lags even there are full server...
and i think its good to have more ppls on servers lol :roll:

Henry

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:39

Hum... If there is 20 or more people it's just very hard for me to play. And it seems that I have less lag when PB is enabled (you read it, enabled), dunno why...

It was the case with PS2 when PB was disabled, now it's PS1. I just dont undersatnd anything. But this is another story... :D

Veteran

Postby Coyote » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:42

There needs to be a limit on Arty/Rifles when it gets too crowded

it's Chaos, with team kills, continual spawn killing, camping etc.

In certain maps, such as Goldrush, when it's full it's impossible for axis to leave their spawn with arty everywhere, people shooting rifles nades into the spawn, mgs shooting

Just makes the game pointless :(

Veteran

Postby BigRat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:34

Pls darli out.
This map is still since about a 2 yaars...
Ok , it,s great, but give us a break...

Official Member

Postby addshore » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03

BigRat wrote:Pls darli out.
This map is still since about a 2 yaars...
Ok , it,s great, but give us a break...

Thats meant to be in here New campaign map suggestions? :)

Also i need to find new maps as 1 doesnt work and 2 are comming out.

Coyote wrote:There needs to be a limit on Arty/Rifles when it gets too crowded

it's Chaos, with team kills, continual spawn killing, camping etc.

In certain maps, such as Goldrush, when it's full it's impossible for axis to leave their spawn with arty everywhere, people shooting rifles nades into the spawn, mgs shooting

Just makes the game pointless

I totally agree :)

I remember there used to be away to trigger a script to run when a certain ammount of people can on the server.
I will have a look arround and see what i can do.
1 thing i have to say :) If there is just same ppl teamkilling warn warn kick ban, If its Sk and its the same people u have warned then and warned them and they dont stop do the same :)
There is a limit of arty to just 1 every 60 seconds.
Maybe post if someone thinks this should be changed.

Spyhawk wrote:Hum... If there is 20 or more people it's just very hard for me to play. And it seems that I have less lag when PB is enabled (you read it, enabled), dunno why...

It was the case with PS2 when PB was disabled, now it's PS1. I just dont undersatnd anything. But this is another story... :D

Yepo spyhawk ps1 has been getting laggier and laggier.
We aree trying to find anyway posible to lower people pings e.t.c
To stop some of the lagg spikes type /pb_sleep 500 if you havnt already.
Maybe some posts in ethelpdesk and pstechzone might help slao.

mad_tda wrote:And Now for Something Completely Different

Have you ever thought about to disable self healing of a medic (own medpacks heal himself).
I dont like these "run away" medics pushing up his health while running away.
Second i dont like medic who "dont know" how to heal other ppl.
Think the primary job of a medic is to support, not being the most powerful fighter.

What's your opinion about this setup?

btw. played this setup (and much more restriced) at cfb (clan franco belge) so you can look at such a setup without killing a PS server.

I agree that medics that dont heal you are really anoying :)
also healrs in fights are anoying

I might talk to nemesis about this and see what he thinks and maybe we can do a few hours test period.

Szeryf wrote:PS1 is almost the same as PS2 maybe we can just turn on heavy weapons 1 of kind per team what do you think?
HW r part of this game dont be afraid of noobs useing them if they break rules there r admins to deal with them!!

And also i totally agree :) But you tell nemesis that xD

Sorry for such a long post :D

Addshore

Veteran

Postby Coyote » Wed Nov 07, 2007 21:36

Something seriously needs to be done to certain weapons above a certain player level

There is far too much teambleeding (accidental) from rifle nades and arty, maybe decrease damage? or limit to maybe 1 per team

It's hard trying to fight when it's laggy anyway, let alone when your teammates are continually damaging you with grenades and such - and as it's not on purpose !kick seems unfair :?

Veteran

Postby Repta » Thu Nov 08, 2007 14:44

Coyote wrote:Something seriously needs to be done to certain weapons above a certain player level

There is far too much teambleeding (accidental) from rifle nades and arty, maybe decrease damage? or limit to maybe 1 per team

It's hard trying to fight when it's laggy anyway, let alone when your teammates are continually damaging you with grenades and such - and as it's not on purpose !kick seems unfair :?

Its not the weapons fault, people also tk with a smg. You want to lower rifledamage?? so make medics even more own? Most of the people complaining about riflenades are medics.

The server has to much players, you can decrease riflenades/artillery but the maps will still be unballanced. For example i havent seen the allies win a single goldrush round when the server is full. The more players the easier it is for the defenders on most maps. If you have few players it gets easier for the attackers.

I also dont like it when there are so many people, obje cant be reached because there are so many players. Only thing you can do is frag and camp and that is what happens enough. I like to play on PS1 late night or daytime because betwen 17:00-22:00 there are to much players to play normal. I know i am not the only 1 thinking this. why not lower the server amount to 32? then you have max 16 players a team.

Spam Kid

Postby j250 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 14:48

I have to suggest that you lower the max player limits, I've talked with addshore but as usual he was unhelpful and annoying ^^

I think if the max player slot was around 35 it would be much better, becuase when the server is full (quite a lot recently) the lags are unbearable and the amount of TK that goes on is stupid, so If you make there less slots it will benefit everone, and hopefully fill some of the other servers from redirect.

Veteran

Postby Coyote » Thu Nov 08, 2007 18:57

Repta wrote:
Coyote wrote:Something seriously needs to be done to certain weapons above a certain player level

Its not the weapons fault, people also tk with a smg. You want to lower rifledamage?? so make medics even more own? Most of the people complaining about riflenades are medics.

The server has to much players, you can decrease riflenades/artillery but the maps will still be unballanced. For example i havent seen the allies win a single goldrush round when the server is full. The more players the easier it is for the defenders on most maps. If you have few players it gets easier for the attackers.

I also dont like it when there are so many people, obje cant be reached because there are so many players. Only thing you can do is frag and camp and that is what happens enough. I like to play on PS1 late night or daytime because betwen 17:00-22:00 there are to much players to play normal. I know i am not the only 1 thinking this. why not lower the server amount to 32? then you have max 16 players a team.

That's when I find it best to play :)

As for rifles, I'm not always a medic, I play all classes. I get what you're saying about smg, but that happens far less often then with the nades as one shot won't kill you (assuming you have high enough HP) but rifles from teammates do :/

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2007