Which etconfig does et take?

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Spam Kid

Which etconfig does et take?

Postby iZver » Tue Feb 09, 2010 18:05

I have a poblem. My controls don't stay binded. I mean, most of them do. Fov stays, mouse sesitivity, name... Everything.

I don't yet have a custom profile. (still working on it, since I deleted my old one)

Whenever I restart et, the crunch key binding is reset to 'c' instead of 'mouse 2'

Any ideas? - This isn't too big of a problem acctually because I am getting a profile soon anyway and won't need the default bindings anymore.

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Tue Feb 09, 2010 19:01

ET use always the "etconfig.cfg", one per profile, in the mod folder you load. if you first load ETmain, the etconfig in this mod is executed before also.
Path (example for me with NQ 1.2.7.)
"\nq\profiles\Rainbow\etconfig.cfg"

Then it execute a "autoexec.cfg" if one is present. if one is present in the mod, it execute it, if one is in "etmain", it execute this, but only if no autoexec is found in the mod folder.
So "nq\autoexec.cfg" or "etmain\autoexec.cfg".
with the "exec" command you only reach files that are present in etmain or the special mod folder. ET always prefer files in mod folder.

You can override settings with "seta" instead of "set". Then they are changed in this etconfig.cfg too.

I don't yet have a custom profile. (still working on it, since I deleted my old one)

You always have a profile, at least one that is created at the moment you connect to a server.

In general its not recommend to edit any etconfig.cfg files, you can do nearly all with a autoexec.cfg that just contain your wishes. Careless changes in a etconfig.cfg may result in a ET that wont work anymore.

Spam Kid

Postby iZver » Tue Feb 09, 2010 21:49

Thanks for the reply! That cleared things up.

I said custom not default :P . So what I mean is one I created and will use it as an autoexec with custom configs. Althoe I expressed myself wrong. I said profile, not config. My bad. :roll:

About not editing etconfig, I find that I have to. Because I use a widescreen ar, I need to use
seta r_fullscreen "1"
seta r_customwidth "1680"
seta r_customheight "1050"
seta r_customaspect "1"

I am sure I'll need more help as I start *beep* around with vid_restarts :D, so stick around.

Cheers!

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Tue Feb 09, 2010 21:59

You need to use
"seta r_mode -1"
for custom screen res, too.
Which also disable use of r_customaspect afaik.

Just make a config with content:

Code: Select all
seta r_mode -1
seta r_customwidth "1680"
seta r_customheight "1050"

then exec it ingame. no need to touch the etconfig files, as they get changed too.

edit: important. You need to do that in every mod that use a own folder. NQ till 1.2.7, NQ 1.2.7, etpro, and all you play on too.

Return to PS Techz0ne