[Howto/Windows]Shortcut to you favorite PS server

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Veteran

[Howto/Windows]Shortcut to you favorite PS server

Postby zombie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 16:16

Hello guys,

In this tutorial / How To I will explain you how to create a shortcut file.

:arrow: Step #1
Search where your ET.exe is located
e.g. C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe

:arrow: Step #2
Go to your desktop
Right mouse button -> new -> shortcut

:arrow: Step #3
Fill in you ET.exe location

:arrow: Step #4
Fill in a name for your shortcut

:arrow: Step #5
We aren't finished yet, as you may have noticed, the shortcut is now placed on your desktop. At this point you need to see a ET logo, if not? Your ET.exe location is incorrect.

right mouse button @ shortcut -> properties

:arrow: Step #6
If you followed everything about you will see this screen now:

Right now we are going to insert some 'commands'
at target you see the location between " Leave this and don't change anything in the path. Behind the path you will have to at this

+connect *ip number*

Example:
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" turns into
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +connect 213.239.219.249:27960

If you have access to the private slots then simply add this before +connect *ip number*

+password *password*

So this will become:
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +password *password* +connect 213.239.219.249:27960

That's it. I hope you liked this little How To / Tutorial and if you already knew this, no problem. It is just to help other people's :). Also, if a kind of this tutorial already exists: I didn't use the search function ^^
HTC Desire / Custom Build PC / Samsung P2250

Spam Kid

Oh noes!

Postby Airon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 18:42

Damn! there goes our secret... Well cheers for showing Zombie, keep up the good work :D

( It took me half an hour to follow his instrucions the frist time he told me, so i guess that just proves im a retard...)

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 21:46

Well this has the disadvantage you dont see how full a server is before connecting to it. Maybe its full and you cant connect, or empty and boring. In both cases you have to connect to another one^^
I really recommend you all HLSW, a monitoring and quick-connecting too for ET (and some other games). It looks like you have to create some sort of account and log in but thats not neccessary (also to the login screen at startup can be disabled in the options).
But a nice tutorial of course, every n*b can make his Desktops full of ET shortcuts now :D (joke, its really good work)

Official Member

Postby Evil » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24

Rainbow wrote:Well this has the disadvantage you dont see how full a server is before connecting to it. Maybe its full and you cant connect, or empty and boring. In both cases you have to connect to another one^^
I really recommend you all HLSW, a monitoring and quick-connecting too for ET (and some other games). It looks like you have to create some sort of account and log in but thats not neccessary (also to the login screen at startup can be disabled in the options).
But a nice tutorial of course, every n*b can make his Desktops full of ET shortcuts now :D (joke, its really good work)

no need cause when you use zombie's methode and it say server is full eighter you get dc or you get msg server is full.

just open console and write /connect <ip> or press escape to get back no big deal for using hlsw for that in my oppion ;)

Return to PS Techz0ne