PB & Lags for you

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Server High Admin

PB & Lags for you

Postby poring » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:25

I hear a lot guys that they lag with PB and don't play cause of it like ninja for one :cry: , so i had some free time at work (i got a lot free time at work :P ) and i saw this article on SL so maybe it would help you guys
Workaround for the punkbuster-freezes and slow-downs in the game.

Delete the complete pb-folder, create a new pb-folder, copy pbsetup.exe in the pb-folder and start update.
Create now in the pb-folder a file with the name "pbcl.cfg" and copy the following text in this file. (or download it)

pb_sleep 500
pb_security 0

PB_Security [0=no, 1=yes]
When set to 0, PunkBuster will accept all "update" files without verifying that they are authentic; the default is 1 which should not normally be changed except for LAN environments where there is no Internet Access and/or you fully trust the Servers you are connecting to
PB_Sleep [Period]
Holds the period of time (milliseconds) that PunkBuster "sleeps" between processing cycles; the default is 60; lower numbers will cause PunkBuster to process events more times each second which also has the effect of increasing the bandwidth used by PunkBuster; Players with a modem connection will probably want to set this as high as possible

I hope this helps you guys and you come play more :twisted:

P.S For all the linux users there is a Et minimizer for linux on that site so go check it out

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Tue Jan 16, 2007 15:52

Hmm.... I would be careful with that pb_secruity ah programmer would easily be able to make you download a backdoor and hack your computer!

Just a warning :) be cacius
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Veteran

Postby DonPadreArni » Tue Jan 16, 2007 15:52

do you know something abaut kick by PB ??
i always kicked four 0 min or 2 min and this It disturbs me very much

:D szacunek/respect :D

Server High Admin

Postby poring » Tue Jan 16, 2007 16:04

To Ammz:
Uhh i didn't know it's that easy (sorry for ignorence) so yeah guys i am just a guy that put 2 and 2 together :P( They got a problem i saw a solution ) not really a big tech guy just wanyed to help with something i read on a diferent site that they don't have access to maybe.
So yeah do it at ur OWN risk :D (Microsoft Style)

To Donarni :
No idea mate sorry

Cheers

Return to PS Techz0ne