[PS1] Events - Maps/Mods Suggestions

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Official Member

[PS1] Events - Maps/Mods Suggestions

Postby SpyCow » Mon Sep 05, 2016 18:41

Greetings, dear players! :D

You have wished for more frequent events, and we're going to try and host some more frequently, maybe even 1-3 (hopefully) a month. :)
While we will continue to search for new maps to play and new mods to try out, it would be nice to have suggestions from you, the players. :mrgreen:

In this topic you can leave feedback regarding events, post suggestions regarding maps/mods, and even design your own events.
More information on player-created events wil come soon enough. Generally, they'll have the same-ish layout as the usual ones. 8)

If you have any map suggestions and such, use our database to link them here. If they're not in there, try to find them at Wolffiles.de :wink:
No need to wait for us to ask for map suggestions and such. If you suddenly think of some map or mod that would be cool, suggest it here. :)

P.S. Feel free to suggest a change in times/days that events occur. :)

[How to] Suggesting your own event

As stated above, if you would like to suggest your own event, you should provide us with enough details. This guide will tell you about those little details.

When?
If you have a special date and time in mind you may suggest such here. The date suggested should be no sooner than 2 weeks from suggestion date or from previous player suggested event in order to provide us some time to prepare the event. If no date is provided we will either choose it or replace some of our Regular Events (soon to come, hopefully). Please keep in mind that none of us are doing this as a job, and therefore some dates and time may prove to be impossible.

What?
This is the most important part. What kind of event it should be and what it should include?
"Some kind of panzer event" won't be enough. You have to give us details in order to make your event happen.
The minimum details include the maps that should be played and the mods those maps should be played with.

Currently available mods are:
  • Headshot
  • Knife
  • Last Man Standing (LMS)
  • Mixed mode
  • Panzer
  • Pistol
  • Riflenade
  • Shotgun
  • Sniper
  • Stop Watch (SW)
Of course you can suggest a combination of some of these or something else but we cannot guarantee that it could be implemented.

And currently available maps are pretty much everything you can find a download link from our database or from the depths of the Internet.
Keep in mind that default time of each map is around 15 minutes for all the other mods except LMS and SW, which may take anything from 5 minutes to 1,5 hours. The event shouldn't be much longer than 3 hours which should be kept in mind while planning the rotation.

Minimum details could be for example:
Please note the links to our database.

Of course the more details you are willing to provide us the more likely tour event will be implemented. One of such detail is the .bsp name of the maps.
In order to get those you may use for example 7zip to look inside the .pk3 map files in your etmain folder.

Here is how:
  • Navigate to your etmain folder and search the map you'd like to play in the event. Rrght click the map .pk3 and choose 7zip -> Open archive.
  • You should see something like this and select the maps folder
  • There you will see a file with extension .bsp, copy the name of that file into your map list

So the preferred detail of the event should look like:
Note again the download links to our database.

Of course we cannot guarantee that your event would be implemented as such, but we will for sure try our best. Feel free to suggest anything, if we spot something that may not work properly, we will give some feedback and we can together try to figure out how it could be best done or replaced by something else.

P.S. Even if this post contains huge instructions to come up with your own event, we still appreciate the map/mod/time/date ideas for the Regular events we are planning. You don't have to have full event in your mind before posting here, we appreciate small ideas which we can collect turn into huge events. :)
Image :wth:

Official Member

Re: [PS1] Events - Maps/Mods Suggestions

Postby empy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 23:01

bucket_v2, flamewar

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 21:23

I know someting:

Every evening we need +10people on the server. We just play normal maps with all weapons and classes. After every map there will be a mapvoting system so everyone can vote and we play the map with the most votes.

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:43

I m sorry guys im quiet busy lately i take overtimes and extrashifts i will share my suggestions for maps on next weekend (y)
Nice post Cow.

Cheers, Slash

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Fri Sep 16, 2016 17:48

So as i promised i am here with my event suggestion this is a sniper part for now (as far as a map lasts for 15 minutes)
I will do 2 more part or maybe 3 you can also suggest me mods with maps i shall extend my schedule with it.

http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_city_sniper.pk3 , UJE_city_sniper.bsp, Sniper mod
http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_castle_sniper_b1.pk3 , UJE_castle_sniper.bsp , Sniper mod
http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_kitchen_sniper_final.pk3 , UJE_kitchen_sniper.bsp , Sniper mod
http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_warzone_sniper_final.pk3 , UJE_warzone_sniper.bsp, Sniper mod

Greetings, Slash

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri Sep 16, 2016 19:32

Slash wrote:So as i promised i am here with my event suggestion this is a sniper part for now (as far as a map lasts for 15 minutes)
I will do 2 more part or maybe 3 you can also suggest me mods with maps i shall extend my schedule with it.

http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_city_sniper.pk3 , UJE_city_sniper.bsp, Sniper mod
http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_castle_sniper_b1.pk3 , UJE_castle_sniper.bsp , Sniper mod
http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_kitchen_sniper_final.pk3 , UJE_kitchen_sniper.bsp , Sniper mod
http://www.prime-squadron.com/final/etmain/UJE_warzone_sniper_final.pk3 , UJE_warzone_sniper.bsp, Sniper mod

Greetings, Slash

Thanks for the suggestions, Slash. :P

Official Member

Postby Swordfish » Sat Sep 17, 2016 19:16

pompidom_23 wrote:I know someting:

Every evening we need +10people on the server. We just play normal maps with all weapons and classes. After every map there will be a mapvoting system so everyone can vote and we play the map with the most votes.

Hehee, it is bit like that, only that +10 ppl is missing :)
Fragging is not crime... yet.
-|PS|-Swordfish

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Thu May 04, 2017 15:22

Hey everyone.
So how about an Oldschool Weekend The idea is to play only the original 6 maps for a day or 2. I know it sounds a bit boring but actually in the current maplist there is only Goldrush from the originals. Would be nice to replay them time by time bring up the old memories what you think?

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Thu May 04, 2017 16:05

We have Supply event 24/7 So you should be all set on that front
I eat cowz for a living.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu May 04, 2017 19:33

Slash wrote:Hey everyone.
So how about an Oldschool Weekend The idea is to play only the original 6 maps for a day or 2. I know it sounds a bit boring but actually in the current maplist there is only Goldrush from the originals. Would be nice to replay them time by time bring up the old memories what you think?

I ACTUALLY SUGGESTED THE SAME TO LANDS LIKE 10 DAYS AGO! Oldschool maps, radar, supply (..?) dj disabled etc

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 04, 2017 19:58

Boom, please no caps. Sure Slash, if people are interested, of course. :P
We haven't had an event for a while since I'm been oh so busy ... (jk, it doesn't all hinge on me, cough).

Could be fun.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu May 04, 2017 20:13

SpyCow wrote:Boom, please no caps. Sure Slash, if people are interested, of course. :P
We haven't had an event for a while since I'm been oh so busy ... (jk, it doesn't all hinge on me, cough).

Could be fun.

It was not on purpose, blame my mobile!! Anyway, I suggested that to Lands some time ago, and also share the idea with some member (i can't remember who atm). So I support this 100% !
Good job slash suggesting it. :)

PS Founder

Postby landser » Fri May 05, 2017 3:48

sry boom, if i didnt reply sufficent enough the last time ... must have missed it :S

the server is getting crowded again the last evenings. removing the map variety might attract new players, might also lower the player amount - so i would comunicate it on the server since most players are not active on our forum. give them a chance to weigh in. this way they maybe still dont like it, but at least got asked - feels better.

i would do this event for one day, maybe on a friday and remove goldrush + oasis from the rotation on wednesday and thursday - so the people are "hungry" for those 2 maps.

also worth a try when we do this 6 map event:
making the server vanilla for that one day: removing all the server downloads (psnews sounds, etc) and renaming the server: "PS1 No downloads - 6 map standard" would be interesting to see if we get new players this way - since the "Prime-Squadron 1 Bots: On" / "Prime-Squadron 1 No Bots" name seems to have made a difference

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Fri May 05, 2017 7:09

Ye, it seems like it really made a difference. Can't we just make a small event, name it like you said but can we advert it on TB? And when we agree of the day, but please say a bit earlier when could we arrange this so I can call some of my old clan mates who actually love this old school stuff. :) And we can see how this will affect on server population. :)

PS Founder

Postby landser » Sat May 06, 2017 0:50

asked cow to get involved with organizing this 6 map 1 day event - he happily volunteared :)

should be doable on a friday in 2 - 4 weeks ...

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Sat May 06, 2017 12:22

Great! :)

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Sat May 06, 2017 16:02

:party: :party: :party: :party:

Spam Kid

Postby Slash2 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 19:38

Hey can you remove MLB Temple or replace with other version the 2nd barrier has bugs for dynamite plant. Its kinda annoying .

Kind Regards,

Slash

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 21:45

Any new events planned?
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Mon Jan 06, 2020 22:14