My trip to Borussia Dortmund.

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server High Admin

My trip to Borussia Dortmund.

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 19:59

Hey guys,

this weekend I was on a trip to Dortmund for the match BVB - Monchengladbach. It was awesome ass hell, the atmosphere was amazing and the beer nice cold. I liked the city, the people were very friendly and the nightlife in the city was fun. Lucky as I am there were no greenhouses where I could fall trough haha :P

I try to follow the bundesliga every week, but I still got some questions about some things, I tried to ask the people there in German, but I was too drunk and my German-speaking is limited to ETgaming words, bitte, ja, nein and BIER. As I know here are many Germans I will post my questions here.

1) Around the stadium and in the city I saw many people wearing Monchengladbach shirts and clothing, so the fans of Monchengladbach just were walking between the fans of Dortmund, but with a friendly attitude. Even at the stadium there was a Monchengladbach Fanshop-truck, between the BVB fanshops??? Even in the stadium there were some Monchengladbach fans sitting between Dortmund fans, with there Monchengladbach-shirts on?? Also the entrance for the away stand, was very close to the entrance for home-fans.
I was very amazed by this, because I really can't see this happening in Belgium or other country. When in Belgium we see a fan of the other team, we start yelling and throw beer at him. Sometimes there is a fan of the other team in our stand, but he will always be quiet, don't dare to wear any other team clothes. Also the away-entrances in Belgium are very strict separated of home-fans entrances.
So is this normal in Germany? Is it any game like this? Or is it only some special band between Dortmund and Monchengladbach fans?

2) According the Uefa-rules, in Champions League and Europa League you may not use the standing-places, and only use seat-places. How do they do this with the Sudtribune, where 25000 fans are standing? Is this just a rumor I heard or does someone have more information about this?

Here me and my friend after match.(me in left)
11825898_1006739682680103_3106181221059407714_n.jpg
Me and my friend (me in the left)
11825898_1006739682680103_3106181221059407714_n.jpg (45.43 KiB) Viewed 11987 times

I can't add more pictures... mhhh

Pompi

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Re: My trip to Borussia Dortmund.

Postby Daghel » Sun Aug 16, 2015 20:00

Pompi, what happened with Your nose? :O
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 20:10

Some crazy guy beaten a nail trough my nose...

Hehe no it's a piercing but it's a little crooked in this pic because my crazy face

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 20:56

That atmosphere is great right? :)

My friend went to the Dortmund championship game 2(?) years ago and he was sitting in the away side. He was yelling for Dortmund all game, the guy next to him for the opposite team (not Gladbach) but at the end he gave him a hand saying 'congratulations with the title'.

Nice to see you had fun! ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 21:08

Exactly it was like that, the monchengladbachfan in my block was yelling for his team, and the Dortmund fans found it normal. But after the match indeed he said congratz to the Dortmund fans, so to atmosphere between the fans was amazing. I find it very weird I really can't imagine that in Belgium..

And the atmosphere in the stadium, unbelievable... Everybody was singing and jumping, I really had goosebumps. I think we in Belgium have shit fans. I think The Netherlands have better fans but we in Belgium really suck balls.

Actually I'm already looking for the next game tickets, as it is 'only' 280 km from my home to Dortmund :) Hehe, but if some german can give me a sleeping place around Dortmund it would be nice, because I don't always gonna pay money for Hotel :)

yeah crazy experience!

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 21:14

ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 21:20

Thanks man! But can I trust this website? Because it's really really cheap this!

I'm sure I go back to Dortmund one of these weeks. I was thinking to sleep in my car but that's not a good idea ;)

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 21:54

Yep, 100%. Hostel is way cheaper because you sleep in dorm rooms often and you share showers/toilets etc.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:57

hehe nice Trip pompi :)

The atmosphere in Dortmund is indeed the best in the german league.

About ur questions, i don't think that Dortmund and Gladbach got an existing friendship but they also don't hate each other like Dortmund and Schalke or Gladbach and Köln.

But i also think u might didn't met the ultras of both fanbases, they might are a bit more aggressive towards each other :P

Too bad my gf will never let me visite a Game of Dortmund since she is a Fan of Bayern München :x
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 16:58

Finally some answers :) Thanks Icy :)

teKno

Return to General Discussion