Showerless and Smelly: Squadron Siblings Egglaf and Smadje!

From our Editorial Staff
Website Admin

Postby Prime-Squadron » Sat Aug 09, 2014 16:13

Interview by: davies

“Smadnab, go to the kitchen and flip the trout, it’s your turn, I did it a few minutes ago”. Not an everyday sentence you would expect from one Enemy Territory player to another. After a little detective work, some thorough questions and further investigations as real life covert-ops I had found out why one would have said this to the other: they had to be room mates. A few minutes later my suspicion got confirmed. Most people would be satisfied with such an astonishing finding, but I knew there must be something more behind all of is. There were more secrets to be revealed…

It took some profound persuasive actions and observation of abhorrent revelations, but I am satisfied to finally present to you: perhaps the most influential relatives in Prime Squadron; Egglaf and Smadje!

So guys, first of all welcome. Before we start with intriguing questions about your lives, let us get to know you a little better. What are your names, where are you from, what are your hobbies and what do you do in your daily life?

Egglaf: Name: Arend, which can be translated as 'Eagle', 25 years old, we are from Utrecht
‎Hobbies: bouldering, field hockey, motorcycling and programming. Daily life: Studying mechanical engineering, currently a master track 'production engineering'.

Smadje: Name: Redmar, 23 years old, Hobbies: Field hockey, playing piano, playing ET, slacking, skateboarding. Studying communication science, currently following a master track called 'corporate and organizational communication, and of course we both study at the university. We don't want to be mistaken for being 'HBO paupers'. Oh, and we live in the same student house with 45 students. And we eat a lot of meat, because we need it.

So beer and meat on a daily basis I suppose?

Hourly (in unison).

So, you two are brothers and room mates playing ET together, where did this all start?

Smad started playing first because a friend of him already played ET. But pretty soon Egg and our younger brother started playing as well. All on the same crappy PC, waiting for turns.
The younger brother lately plays as well, but not a lot. He plays under the alias ‘OG Allz’.
In 2008 both Egg and me got our own pc to play ET on, Egg already started studying and living on his own. In 2009 Smad started studying as well at the same university and decided to live in the same student house.

Egglaf: Well actually, I asked him to come live next to me. I didn't want to have the chance that another idiot occupied the room next to me and it is really good here now.

Do you often have in real life arguments/conversations about ET and Prime Squadron?

We sometimes talk about this guy playing under the nickname 'Davies' and how hard he sucks in the game, ‎which is a great topic. We don't really have arguments about things but sometimes we do discuss some stuff. Also we have some different views about the game: where Egg his calling is to spam the server with his Eggtools, Smad is mostly interested in designing weird scripts and configs for personal ET experience. Also as we are both High Admins, it’s an ideal chance to discuss about other members and players, for example about people doing a good job, or *beep* who deserve permabans. But of course all these things are also discussed on (HA) forums, however shouting through the walls is a better way to discuss in our opinion.

We will get to some other ET related stuff later on. First a little bit more about your personal lives. How is living with Smadje next door, Egglaf?

It is quite good actually. I suppose there are plenty of people who wouldn't like the idea really to live with his or her brother again, but for us it works pretty good. And we have a tandem! It is ideal for cycling to hockey very fast, where we play in the same team by the way.
*after a little pause* It is actually pretty funny that it goes so well, because in our youth we didn't cope so well, but now he has grown up.

Smadje: Beer is the thing that bonds us.

Egglaf: Yeah, we didn't drink that when we were young. Must be it!

Same question for you Smadje.

Smadje: Egg his room usually is a pigsty, but for the rest not really.

Egglaf: Dude, yours isn't any better.

Smadje: And he steals my beer, frequently.

Egglaf: let’s say our fridges have a kind of open relation.

Smadje: In case there is beer in mine, it seems so yes. Otherwise not!

Egglaf: nah, that makes me look bad, we mostly buy beer together and share it.

Smadje: Next question!

Here we had a short little break. The gents had not been drinking beer yet at that day (at around 3 in the afternoon,) therefore I had to call in a little break for alcohol supply.

Okay, to wrap this part up: single question for Egglaf, if you could describe Smadje in 3 words, what would it be?

*Smadje, whispering to Egglaf: ‘God, Genius, Handsome’*

Egglaf: Brother, Knupfel, Aula. I think that describes him pretty well

For you the same question Smad, describe Egglaf in 3 words.

Beer, Beard, Barelyshowers.

Now some questions about you as ET players:
What is your favourite class?

Smadje: The great thing about ET is that you have the option to play with different classes.
Personally I don't really have a favourite class, it depends on the map. If I had to choose one I’d choose medic, since they are the core of this game. Although lately I like to experiment with destroying as much enemies as possible based on timing, which is logically field ops.

Egglaf: It depends a bit. Mostly I like certain classes for certain maps. But in general I like engineering and sniping, and then med and soldier, but I don't like field ops so much.

You say your favourite class depends on the map, what is your favourite map?

Smadje: Delivery, in my opinion the best map for playing as a team.

Egglaf: Tower, it is really a map for fooling around. And sniping there is like clay pigeon shooting. It is so funny as sniper to push people right over a launchpad and see them fall to death.

Smadje: cruellaf!

And your favourite weapon (in general)?

Egglaf: MP40 it is.

Smadje: K43 rifle. Other favourites are airstrike, grenades and Thompson.

Getting back on your roles within the community - since you are both admins, you have to punish players from time to time. What is to you the most annoying type of behaviour?

Egglaf: Spawnkilling and Teamkilling. Especially from people who should know better.

Smadje: I don’t really care much about in game behaviour in the form of playing the game. Only thing I really hate is those who are finishing maps as fast as possible.

Egglaf: That is the idea of the game, nab.

Smadje: Especially when that’s not needed, if I want to play Frostbite, I like it because it’s a good map. I want to play it approximately the complete map or at least the time that stands for it. If someone ends it within 2 minutes why did they vote for it in the first place? For the rest I don’t like players who absolutely have no intention to play this game as a team.

Final two questions, who of you is the best ET player?

Egglaf: Smadje.

Smadje: True. Although I must say that Egg has excellent shotgun skills.

And who is the best admin?

Egglaf: Depends.

Smadje: I think that our admin style really shows how we actually are in real life. Egg is the technical guy, who is less talkative. I am a bit more about the small talk and stupid jokes guy.

Egglaf: Nah.

Smadje: As in being an admin, Egg is a bit harsher. And I’m probably a bit looser.

Egglaf: Probably, but you can’t say that one of us is better at administrating of the server. We have quite different styles to say so. But if you really want to make a distinction, Smad what do you think?

Smadje: I think it’s not really worth a comparison; we both have different strengths and weaknesses. But I am member for a longer time!

Egglaf: Doesn’t matter!

Smadje: But still..

Thanks a lot for the interview guys – it was really enjoyable to interview the two of you at the same time. Anything else you want to share or say?

Smadje: Thanks for your time and good luck with writing the interview.

Egglaf: Yes indeed, thanks! And I want that BowDown comes to visit us.

Smadje: Oh and I want to say that Icy is the biggest smeller in the universe! And that Leo should wash his beard!

Server High Admin

Re: Showerless and Smelly: Squadron Siblings Egglaf and Smad

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Aug 09, 2014 17:36

Great interview! I'm glad you still found enthusiasm to interview people Davies.
And I actually didn't know you two (Smad & Egg) were brothers :P

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sat Aug 09, 2014 18:01

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ......
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Sat Aug 09, 2014 18:22

Lol awesome... Egg looks like the brain of the couple :D He build stuff and than smadje mess it up xD
Anyway really good interview... Gj!!
And ofc I wahs my beard '--
:loller:
GoD is DeaD

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sat Aug 09, 2014 19:12

Nice to see the return of these things. This one particularly seems quite professional interview. :)
And there is even third of you guys, damn it :?
Image thx for diamond :D

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sat Aug 09, 2014 19:14

oh god, 2 of them stinking in the same house, the smell must be more then disgusting :beware:

nice interview nablaf & smellje :wink:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Talented Spammer

Postby dmg_arg4el » Sat Aug 09, 2014 19:58

wow, I didnt know there is a third one as well :O Question about how is to live with yuor brother had to be brought to beer stealing! Good interview. :)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat Aug 09, 2014 20:58

Ninjadeer wrote:Nice to see the return of these things. This one particularly seems quite professional interview. :)
And there is even third of you guys, damn it :?
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 21:10

Nice one guys and gj.
Three of them in one interview, Smellvies SmellEgg and Smellje, it just fit so much :D One BIG SMELLISTIC Interview :)

Server High Admin

Postby carebear » Sun Aug 10, 2014 0:41

Very nice interview Davies! Sounds really proffesional. Best part of it: Here we had a short little break. The gents had not been drinking beer yet at that day (at around 3 in the afternoon,) therefore I had to call in a little break for alcohol supply.

Thanks smelly and eggy for the revealing view into your life, now i understand who is the lazier one of you :P
Last edited by carebear on Sun Aug 10, 2014 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:13

Great interview guys! Big thanks for Davies for arranging it.

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:25

Nice interview :)

I'm suprised that 2 brothers can live like that togheter in a good way :p

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Aug 10, 2014 13:27

Nice interview! 3rd brother should be renamed OG Smellz :mrgreen:

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Sun Aug 10, 2014 15:21

Good interview guys :)

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sun Aug 10, 2014 15:42

You are not a legit couple until you adopt a baby and call it Van Eggmadge. He can be your nephew/son. I think this is a great idea and you should materialise my dream.

Return to Articles & Interviews