Szeryf

Backup your report with proof (demos, screenshots etc.)
Spam Kid

Szeryf

Postby GunSmoke » Sat Dec 20, 2008 22:44

I was playing a few days ago

ok, so szeryf is ps, wright? coz when i see him online he NEVER wears the PS tag...

he was spamming i need ammo

so after 10 minutes of "i need ammo" spamming i was sick of it so i said "STFU" then he muted me for 2 minutes lol...

Can ONLY admins spam? or did i get something wrong with the rules?

Peace

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sat Dec 20, 2008 23:09

More details (evidences!) please.

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... pic&t=7484

I think there is much exaggeration in your story. 10 min its a long time.
And how i understand from your story you didnt ask him first in normal way to stop? After your rude response mute was justified imo. No idea how serious spam it was without demo or screen. So without them this discussion is useless.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 23:18

Cant you read the chatlogs or doesnt that kind of spam show up?

Server High Admin

Re: Szeryf

Postby Daghel » Sat Dec 20, 2008 23:24

GunSmoke wrote:I was playing a few days ago

It's a LOT of searching. We don't know date and hour. Don't know at which server it was (#1 i guess). Maybe server owner can check it but imo it's not so big case to make it worth all that work. It's only 2 minutes mute... :|

Spam Kid

Postby GunSmoke » Sun Dec 21, 2008 0:03

Ok, sure mates, i knew i'd have to justify...
Unfortunatly i can't remember the date maybe Monday? and i usually play between 9 am and 2 pm...

For proof, sure i knew some polish comrade would come to the rescue saying i'm bullshitting...(obvious behaviour, maybe i'd do the same for a french dude)

Is 7 times (in 1 minute) enough?

This is where i was pissed off:

U get the point?
OK i must say that at the time there were like 4 field ops, but if it was me with the mortar saying V22 moe than 5 times i would have been muted, right?

Think bout it plz before judging Daghel ty

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 0:18

GunSmoke wrote:OK i must say that at the time there were like 4 field ops, but if it was me with the mortar saying V22 moe than 5 times i would have been muted, right?

GunSmoke wrote:Can ONLY admins spam? or did i get something wrong with the rules?

Actually we have an automatic system on the server. If you use voice communications too much the server automatically mutes your attempt to use V-chat.

Admins and higher leveled PS members automatically bypass this security measure.
So yes, actually only admins can spam, and you can not :P ... (this is not the answer)

Therefore it sometimes is hard for admins to know where the line goes and in the heat of battle it can get very intense. Trust me :P we're all human.

A simple, "please don't spam the voice chat Szeryf," would maybe have done the trick instead of the STFU!!.. Which got you the mute. Szeryf maybe didn't notice the spam he was generating because he was so anxious to get ammo so he could keep killing for the sake of his team! ;) ...
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Dec 21, 2008 0:26

he has to remind the rules to ps member? :D

edit: i think that all false admin decisions should be solved publicly, coz u cant always solve things by four eyes.
Last edited by deep on Sun Dec 21, 2008 0:36, edited 1 time in total.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Dec 21, 2008 0:27

Ok, it's clearer now.
The fact that we are from same country has nothing to with it, i barely know Szeryf. Naturally he shouldnt spam, it was a mistake but i still hold my opinion abut mute. However i do think that making topic about admin abuse becouse of spam and mute is a bit overreacting. It's not a ban, not a kick, a mute only. You have right to be angry or feel hurt by possible wrong admin decision, but we are also humans. Better in that cases is to fix problem in four eyes directly with Szeryf or any other admin if someone was currently online.
Nothing more left than waiting for Szeryf reply. :)

EDIT: One more time: Diamond and Cheeky, guys, if you don't have nothing directly with this situation, STAY OUT from the topic, thank you.

EDIT2: I never said that you are a lier, i said that without screenshots it was pointless to discuss.
Last edited by Daghel on Sun Dec 21, 2008 0:35, edited 1 time in total.

Spam Kid

Postby GunSmoke » Sun Dec 21, 2008 0:34

ok, ty Ammz for the quick reply, and Daghel i'm not a liar, i had to post those screenies just to backup what i said..

but i'd like to see szeryf's response maybe? (although it has no value now since it was only a 2m mute)

ps: diamond, what do you mean by "false" admins???

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:55

As said above, those who have nothing add to this story, just stay out of this.

Now about the case, Szeryf was wrong (due to your screenies), spamin is not allowed and he know it better than any others and i m surprised about the way he did and reacted. if i would be on the server, he would surly have a mute. BUT wrong or right, it don t allow you to talk with people like this and no matter, admins or simple player, you can try to ask in more gentel way, no??. So, in this case you both deserve a mute. Btw, i will ask Szeryf to reply about.

Veteran

Postby Szeryf » Mon Dec 22, 2008 18:01

sorry for late replay but im not a forum type so i didnt know about this topic.
now my side of this terrible admin abuse i made!!!!
yes i was asking for ammo a lot, because there were 3 fops and no1 wanted to supply my mortar, probably i made a mistake but its so frustraiting when you are sitting near spawn 3fops respawn and non of them want to give ammo. IM SORRY FOR SPAMMING!
About that mute i will mute/kick you again if you will use language like that, i wont accept behavioure like that, its only a game but some rules are good for life and games.
If you have any further questions ill be happy to anwser them
peace
Szeryf

Return to Report Admin Abuse