· PS Rulebook
· PS FAQ
· List of Contributors
Server Owner

Postby stephan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 17:45

i play most time only teamwork!

Talented Spammer

Postby Madame » Fri Oct 12, 2007 18:12

no tj, no adre, xp to 0 and to win map, team must be cooperative or u just couldnt win. But let the dj be, most of players are NQ players and are used to dj, if u turn dj off, then we can play in etpro aswell (its almost same)

Veteran

Postby X-avier » Fri Oct 12, 2007 19:14

Madame wrote:no tj, no adre, xp to 0 and to win map, team must be cooperative or u just couldnt win. But let the dj be, most of players are NQ players and are used to dj, if u turn dj off, then we can play in etpro aswell (its almost same)

If i read it good... youre saying its like etpro now?.. so Double jump makes ETpro to NQ ? youre really wrong then in my opinion.

Some chances

~Wepoans
~Hitboxes
~Speed
~Dmg

Anyway ETpro is really different. And to make the war intresting we putted DJ off.

Grtz Xav

Talented Spammer

Postby mnichPL » Fri Oct 12, 2007 19:40

Madame wrote:[...]most of players are NQ players[...]

For example match PS1 vs PS4. You have 10 nq players and 10 etpub players, I don't see that most of players are nq players in this situation. Ofc nq is on 3 PS servers, but the match situation counts, not statistics I guess.
Madame wrote:then we can play in etpro aswell (its almost same)

Have you ever tried etpro? Listen to Xav, it is completely different...
How to not love Fanto :)
torcida!

Veteran

Postby Varoth » Fri Oct 12, 2007 20:21

if you want to disable doublejump so much then at least put ETPro as mod. NQ without doublejump just feels stupid. and allow trickjumps for objective.

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Fri Oct 12, 2007 20:38

I think tj should be allowed. Its also about teamwork and tactics... if you aint allowed to tj, then it changes the whole game. Tj without dj is really hard so I think that players that are that skilled should be allowed to do it... It s still a war... :P
But thats my humble opinion...
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Veteran

Postby X-avier » Fri Oct 12, 2007 21:00

Why can't we just play as it is at this moment, why always have to chance so much when there is so little time. I don't understand.

Official Member

Postby addshore » Fri Oct 12, 2007 21:05

This should be the first of many wars.

Next time we can make it better. Ask the peopel that played what can be improved. You could call this war a beta :P.

PsWar Beta 1

Addshore

Veteran

Postby MIKE » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:10

Varoth wrote:if you want to disable doublejump so much then at least put ETPro as mod. NQ without doublejump just feels stupid. and allow trickjumps for objective.

+1

Veteran

Postby Danziger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:47

mnichPL wrote:Hmm I think admins must decide what funwar type all ppl want: a bloody quake-like mess with no teamwork or teamwork with cooperation to win the map. If ppl want 1st option, then maximize levels, set xp to 100000 and let's rock. But if they want 2nd option, then minimize levels, turn adre off, turn dj off and let's play cooperative. Don't forget etpub or jaymod users are not turned in bloody mess like nq players, they cooperate much more further than nq killers. I hope there is solution to satisfy both: killers and teamworkers...

In any case, with any setting and mod, I think a team of expert players that do good teamwork will almost always win against a team of expert players that are all rambo medics without any teamwork.

On NQ servers many people play as rambo medic without any teamwork, because they play only for fun, and not for doing the objective.
So many NQ players aren't used to do a good teamwork: very often the team with the best killers doesn't win because of the cooperative lack.

But the real question is another:
how much time we have to prepare us to this fun war?
1 day? 1 week? 1 month?

If you want to play early, leave the NQ settings as NQ players are used to, so we can have killers (with very few teamwork) aganinst teamworkers (not used to NQ).
If you want to change settings of NQ making killers very less powerfull, then give NQ players the time (1 month?) to train themselves to do an acceptable teamwork.

Talented Spammer

Postby mnichPL » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:18

Varoth wrote:if you want to disable doublejump so much then at least put ETPro as mod. NQ without doublejump just feels stupid. and allow trickjumps for objective.

ETPro +1
torcida!

Veteran

Postby Stormcrow » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:44

Whats the problem with turning off double jump? I never liked that "jump-and-run". Well, TJ...with no double jump i dont care :-P
Pls Foxxy, teach me how to "master-bait" :-P

Veteran

Postby Danziger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 13:56

Stormcrow wrote:Whats the problem with turning off double jump? I never liked that "jump-and-run". Well, TJ...with no double jump i dont care :-P

I use very often double-jump in my style of play, not for running faster, but during fight against enemy.
Who played against me knows it very well.
Without double-jump I feel myself cripple, so no fun.

If double-jump isn't on in this NQ fun war, when it will be on? On EtPro fun war? I don't think so.
I can accept no double-jump with any other mod, but if NQ has been choosen for this fun war, let dj on.

Official Member

Postby addshore » Sat Oct 20, 2007 18:25

Any chance we can be told some dates?

Addshore

Spam Kid

Postby Armagedon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 18:32

PS 5 will OWN Ya xD

Cya in game!

Talented Spammer

Postby mnichPL » Sat Oct 20, 2007 21:07

Yeah sure, no doubt :hyper: So, any concrete dates known already?
torcida!

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Oct 26, 2007 16:08

/Times and Timezones updated
/Funwar Servers 1 & 2 Added
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sat Oct 27, 2007 20:00

/Timezones updated (again :P)
There were a few mixups with the starting times today. I forgot that DST already ended in Israel a couple of weeks ago, thats why Poring got a little crazy :P

And tonight (27th to 28th), DST (daylight saving time) will end in Europe, thnx for pointing that out again Danziger :) So everything would be back at GMT +1 without the DST again.

Schedule for Tomorrow (October 28th)

Sunday: October 28, 2007

15:30 [GMT+1]
    server1: PS1 vs PS5 braun/et_ice
    server2: PS2 vs PS4 braun/et_ice

16:30
    server1: PS1 vs PS4 et_beach/tc_base
    server2: PS3 vs PS5 et_beach/tc_base

Times:
All times for 28 October are in GMT+1. For Europe, DST ends in the night from 27 to 28 October.

15.30 [GMT+1] = 14.30 in United Kingdom/Ireland/Portugal
15.30 [GMT+1] = 15.30 in Germany/France/Holland/Poland/Hungary
15.30 [GMT+1] = 16.30 in Finland/Estonia/Israel
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Previous

Return to News & Announcements