Prime Squadron Birthday Event - April 26th!

· PS Rulebook
· PS FAQ
· List of Contributors
Official Member

Prime Squadron Birthday Event - April 26th!

Postby SpyCow » Mon Apr 20, 2020 18:09

SUNDAY * APRIL 26 * 19:00 - 22:00 CEST!! :party: :party:

Ladies and gentlemen (and whatever animals inhabit our menagerie on PS#1)!
The birthday of our amazing community; Prime Squadron, is coming up!

To celebrate and reminisce over the birth of the GREATEST ET COMMUNITY ...
We're going to welcome another year of amazingness with a Birthday Event! :drool:
We hope you all come play, enjoy yourselves, and join us in celebrating ...

14 YEARS OF PRIME SQUADRON!! :beer: :beer:

19:00 - 19:10 | Shotgun War - ET_Tower

19:10 - 19:30 | Gun Game - MadBunker/Flag in the Middle

19:30 - 20:00 | Last Man Standing - Goldendunk/Monkey Island/King of the Hill

20:00 - 20:40 | StopWatch - Library/Beach Invasion

20:40 - 21:00 | Sniper War - GhostTown Sniper/UJE Farm Sniper

21:00 - 21:20 | Panzer War - UJE Egypt Panzer/UJE Lava Panzer b1

21:20 - 21:40 | Last Man Standing - CTF Halo/Adlernest/CTF Face

21:40 - 22:00 | StopWatch - Fueldump/Braundorf
Last edited by SpyCow on Sun Apr 26, 2020 18:17, edited 12 times in total.
Image :wth:

Official Member

Re: Regular Event #4

Postby empy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 20:58

Well done Moo

Official Member

Re: Regular Event #4

Postby Polaris » Tue Apr 21, 2020 13:36

Baserace lms? Holy moly, that will be something :party:
Ty cow!

Server High Admin

Re: Regular Event #4 - CANCELLED

Postby pompidom_23 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 19:02

Wait what? Cancelled?

I cancelled my date with this hot chick with level 99 woodcutting on runescape for it ....

Pfff our trip to Port Sarim cancelled for nothing...

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue Apr 21, 2020 19:09

pompidom_23 wrote:Wait what? Cancelled?

I cancelled my date with this hot chick with level 99 woodcutting on runescape for it ....

Pfff our trip to Port Sarim cancelled for nothing...

Rescheduled to Sunday. :rofl:

Are you sure it wasn't a catfish? Think about it. I might've saved you. :wink:

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Tue Apr 21, 2020 19:11

Bacerace bleh
lms bleh ;)

Official Member

Re: -|PS|- Birthday Event - Sunday, April 26!!

Postby SpyCow » Wed Apr 22, 2020 19:54

IT IS NOT CANCELLED ANYMORE!! :loller:

Server High Admin

Re: -|PS|- Birthday Event - Sunday, April 26!!

Postby pompidom_23 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 20:04

Oh nice! I'm excited.. for my runescape date friday

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Re: Prime Squadron Birthday Event - April 26th!

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:37

Thanks for the birthday event, it was a blast! Let's give some constructive criticism!

- I'd say the map selection was pretty good this time! Especially sniper maps were great, although it just might be because there were a lot of players to shoot.

- Some of the LMS maps were bit of hit and miss. I'd say Monkey Island and Halo were the great ones, the rest were meh (GoldenDunk) or questionable choices. Especially Adlernest was not suitable for it at all.

- Panzer maps were ok. Egypt was bit too easy to camp entrance and felt bit too high with the surrounding platforms. Nothing wrong with Lava panzer.

- I'd say choosing some more traditional Stopwatch maps would be nice, or we could just have some random maps as one offs in the middle if we want to play them, but getting forced to play both sides can take quite a while. Supply is good and short for it. However, it was nice to play FuelLump since forever :d

- Gun game still great.

- The event might have gone a bit too long for some. Some modes just seemed to hog so much more time than the others. Limit Stopwatches to one map per time frame, that way if both sides grind to the time limit, the event won't get too far behind. You can always add a bit more time in other modes if SW goes too fast.

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:03

The event was indeed a blast, thanks!

GoldenBullet wrote:- Some of the LMS maps were bit of hit and miss. I'd say Monkey Island and Halo were the great ones, the rest were meh (GoldenDunk) or questionable choices. Especially Adlernest was not suitable for it at all.

Adlernest was my fault; to me, it seemed ideal in that the two spawns are close together with plenty of cover for allies and axis; it didn't occur to me that it would turn into a hide&seek. Madbunker could be fun&chaos LMS.

GoldenBullet wrote:- I'd say choosing some more traditional Stopwatch maps would be nice, or we could just have some random maps as one offs in the middle if we want to play them, but getting forced to play both sides can take quite a while. Supply is good and short for it. However, it was nice to play FuelLump since forever :d.

I am afraid that supply couldn't carry this many players. et_beach has the same issue, imo. Perhaps we should keep these maps for possible 3o3 or 6o6 events that pompi suggested elsewhere, while picking more nq maps (read better suited for nq sw with more players) for these `mass-events'? UJE vip come to mind, library wasn't too bad either.
Image Thx Talib :> | (old one) (old one #2) Thx to falb :>.

Server High Admin

Postby Dr Zoidberg » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:05

Thanks guys for organizing this! Was awesome! =)
//Dr Zoidberg

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:50

GoldenBullet wrote:- Some of the LMS maps were bit of hit and miss. I'd say Monkey Island and Halo were the great ones, the rest were meh (GoldenDunk) or questionable choices. Especially Adlernest was not suitable for it at all.

Yeah, Adlernest was a definite hit and miss. :loller:
Goldendunk ... Well, didn't realize the cabinets would work without a command post, so we're not playing that again. :lol:

GoldenBullet wrote:- I'd say choosing some more traditional Stopwatch maps would be nice, or we could just have some random maps as one offs in the middle if we want to play them, but getting forced to play both sides can take quite a while. Supply is good and short for it. However, it was nice to play FuelLump since forever :d

Like Ckey said, Supply Depot is much too small for the numbers of players we're experiencing at the events (which is good).

We could definitely play more traditional maps, though. Forcing players to play both sides is what StopWatch is all about.
However, if there is support for this, we could just play more traditional maps normally instead of StopWatch. :wink:

GoldenBullet wrote:- The event might have gone a bit too long for some. Some modes just seemed to hog so much more time than the others. Limit Stopwatches to one map per time frame, that way if both sides grind to the time limit, the event won't get too far behind. You can always add a bit more time in other modes if SW goes too fast.

True, however (in LMS), it seems quite random how many rounds each map gets and how long they take (because people like to hide).
But yeah, StopWatch was the definite problem. They took too long because axis defended the shit out of every map. :loller:
It's a good point - one map should evidently suffice. :P

ckEy wrote:I am afraid that supply couldn't carry this many players. et_beach has the same issue, imo. Perhaps we should keep these maps for possible 3o3 or 6o6 events that pompi suggested elsewhere, while picking more nq maps (read better suited for nq sw with more players) for these `mass-events'? UJE vip come to mind, library wasn't too bad either.

We could, if UJE VIP weren't a horrible map. :loller: Yes, bigger maps would have to be used (just not Goldrush, of course).
Library and et_beach were too small, I realize this now. I just really wanted to play the two maps again. :wink:
Perhaps Ninja could add the maps to PS#1? :drool:

Once again, I would like to remind EVERYONE that YOU can suggest maps and modes for the events we play.
Regulars here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=12595, and members in Member forum (you know where).

I encourage all of you to take advantage of this, because if not, then it'll wind up being a very one-sided development from my side.
Nevertheless, thank you for joining us in celebrating the 14th birthday of Prime Squadron. :banana:

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Mon Apr 27, 2020 19:50

Thank you for the event was great.

Vip is a cool map imho.

Server High Admin

Postby badbad » Tue Apr 28, 2020 0:18

THX nice event like see old players back on serv gj :D

Official Member

Postby empy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 18:34

Good event. Good job Portable Milk Dispenser.

Server High Admin

Postby badbad » Mon Sep 28, 2020 22:28

HI there
we are must start interest for other game for comunity PS nice idea must be prepare for time resolutione, cant see died for not compatible with this time trough platform ps or xb or pc take care for idea i thing many ppl go back

Return to News & Announcements