PS #SummerEvent - 18th & 19th July

· PS Rulebook
· PS FAQ
· List of Contributors
Official Member

Re: PS #SummerEvent - 18th & 19th July

Postby empy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 20:24

empy wrote:
  • There was a map where there were 2 battleships. It was epic for sniping, but i forgot its name. Anyone remembers it?

SpyCow wrote:UJE Ocean Sniper

8)

Spam Noob

Postby BlondoTheHunkmeg » Mon Jul 13, 2015 0:32

SpyCow wrote:
Polaris wrote:
SpyCow wrote:Any more map suggestions for the panzer war? :P

rifle tennis? :party: :hyper:

Too small. :P Never mind that, I need weird, old and forgotten maps for No Goldrush Night! :D

EDIT:

There is a large map with a gigantic tower in the middle surrounded by water and walls.
The tower has elevators inside of it. The map is considerably larger than ET_Tower. :P

Does anyone remember it?

This one ... City of Lost Children (Final 2)?

http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?Oldwo ... ws&fid=399

Good map anyway ... I'd suggest that one.

PS madbunker ... is that the map inspired by 'the cube' ... fun map.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Jul 19, 2015 22:46

Thanks to everyone who had time/bothered to attend the Summer Event either Saturday, Sunday or both. :P
I personally found it to be great fun and I hope you all had a great time as well! Hope to do this again sometime. :)
Image :wth:

Spam Pro

Postby Bo0m.!? » Sun Jul 19, 2015 23:13

SpyCow wrote:Thanks to everyone who had time/bothered to attend the Summer Event either Saturday, Sunday or both. :P
I personally found it to be great fun and I hope you all had a great time as well! Hope to do this again sometime. :)

Event was great. Big thanks to you and everyone else who worked on thiis event. And ofc gg everyone who participated. Hope to see more of this in the future. Cya :beer:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 23:30

Nice event. Gratzz Cow

Big thanks for every1 who supported this event and to every1 who was participating it :D

Only I was disappointed about my map "The Longest Fart"... this map was broken\bugged. But i will take my revenge on Cow soon :P

Ohhh, and i was late for today knife war :C well, maybe next time 8)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jul 20, 2015 0:06

My few cents about the event.
First of all thank you for holding it! I haven't played "X war" things for a very long time! It was a nice, cool breeze of fresh air.

Then some feedback for the modes:
Shotgun war: I found it bit dull to play it so many times in a row. It really lost it's shine after the first map. The maps were great, with the exception of the hedgemaze map.
Panzer wars: I loved the good old panzerwar! The mixing up option that changed the gravity and guided missiles on and off made it so much better! There were however quite many awful maps. The pyramid (spawncamping galore), the big bathroom (high gravity => no fun) and longest yard (just a load of bull).
Sniper war: My favorite mode, if the map was good. If the map was bad there was no fun to be had. "Oh so you died a lot on your "bad" maps?" you might wonder. Yes and no. I died probably the most on these maps, but that isn't the my main gripe. It was that no one shot anyone or camped the medcabinets. The camping map (approriately called), the most kills was 8. EIGHT KILLS IN 15 MINUTES. And probably the kills were from me trying to find anyone since sitting in one spot is so dull. I loved the zeppelin, the farm and the two boats. They had their problems but at least something happened in those maps.
Knife war: It was ok, really had hoped for no medics tho.
Infinite charge one off at Dunk: I know it was basically bugged panzer war but still: INFINITE UNI AND INFINITE FG AMMO. I WAS IN HEAVEN.
No goldrush event: Didn't attend.

In a nutshell:
- Shotgun war could be spread out between other wars if possible.
- Choose the maps carefully.
- Infinite ammo on FG is Golden's catnip.
Last edited by GoldenBullet on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:33, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Jul 20, 2015 0:21

GoldenBullet wrote:Then some feedback for the modes:
Shotgun war: I found it bit dull to play it so many times in a row. It really lost it's shine after the first map. The maps were great, with the exception of the hedgemaze map.

Hahah yeah, the Fragmaze ... horrible indeed. It looked smaller in the pictures. :hyper:

But yeah, next time perhaps do 3x of everything and then again... and again. And again.
With the exception of No Goldrush Night though. Ryukin did suggest the same... ish, but that was during the event... nice timing. :D

GoldenBullet wrote:Panzer wars: I loved the good old panzerwar! The mixing up option that changed the gravity and guided missiles on and off made it so much better! There were however quite many awful maps. The pyramid (spawncamping galore), the big bathroom (high gravity => no fun) and longest yard (just a load of bull).

The bathroom was indeed boring ... I found the pyramid map to be quite alright though. Could've just been me!
Yes, Troy's map was indeed a load of bull. :rofl:

GoldenBullet wrote:Sniper war: My favorite mode, if the map was good. If the map was bad there was no fun to be had. "Oh so you died a lot on your "bad" maps?" you might wonder. Yes and no. I died probably the most on these maps, but that isn't the my main gripe. It was that no one shot anyone or camped the medcabinets. The camping map (approriately called), the most kills was 8. EIGHT KILLS IN 15 MINUTES. And probably the kills were from me trying to find anyone since sitting in one spot is so dull. I loved the zeppelin, the farm and the two boats. They had their problems but at least something happened in those maps.

Heheh, I basically just coamed through UJE maps and added them with 2-3 exceptions. :P
You should've suggested maps yourself, though. You and along with everyone else! The lack of suggestions was stunningly poor. :coffee:

GoldenBullet wrote:Knife war: It was ok, really had hoped for no medics tho.

I'm sure the medic class could be disabled for the sniper/knifewars next time around. :P

Thanks for the feedback!! :good: :good: :good:

Official Member

Postby empy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 15:40

SpyCow wrote:Thanks to everyone who had time/bothered to attend the Summer Event either Saturday, Sunday or both. :P

Thanks for the event. It was fun.

My feedback:
  • in Panzerwar: i did not like the continuous change in gravity and panzer settings. Such abrupt changes meant that the match was more difficult to play as I had to "relearn" and re-adapt. It's nice to have different gravity/rocket settings for each panzer map, but having changes every minute or so was not.
  • i found it a bit dull to play 5 consecutive shotgun/knife/panza wars. Maybe next time we can do it like 1or2 knife map followed by 1or2 panza map followed by 1 shotgun map and then repeat the cycle.

Thanks.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Jul 20, 2015 15:42

empy wrote:

Thanks for the event. It was fun.

My feedback:
  • in Panzerwar: i did not like the continuous change in gravity and panzer settings. Such abrupt changes meant that the match was more difficult to play as I had to "relearn" and re-adapt. It's nice to have different gravity/rocket settings for each panzer map, but having changes every minute or so was not.
  • i found it a bit dull to play 5 consecutive shotgun/knife/panza wars. Maybe next time we can do it like 1or2 knife map followed by 1or2 panza map followed by 1 shotgun map and then repeat the cycle.

Thanks.

How come you didn't like the constant change in gravity. :( One of the best features. :P And yeah, a cycle will probably be made next time.

Thanks! :coffee: :good: :good:

Previous

Return to News & Announcements