Cfg exec

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Official Member

Cfg exec

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu May 04, 2017 19:41

Hey, yeah it's me again . the noob :D anyway, last few days I had some changes to my cfg, ok ya I still suck I know that blabla. But, I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this. Untill few days ago, I used this cfg for nearly 2 years and I never had any issues. Now, every time i launch et to play, every single time I need to exec. it, so if I disconnect and connect again to same server or any other, I need to exec ti so I can play.. Any idea, is there any cmd to it auto executed when I start et? Becose this became really fcking lame.. Ty
Cheers

Server Owner

Re: Cfg exec

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu May 04, 2017 19:48

Rename your config as autoexec.cfg and place it in your nq dorectory. It will be auto executed every time your game loads nq, unless you already have a config named like that hidden in some .pk3 file. The same works for etmain, but the .cfg will be loaded every time you start the game.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu May 04, 2017 19:51

Ninjadeer wrote:Rename your config as autoexec.cfg and place it in your nq dorectory. It will be auto executed every time your game loads nq, unless you already have a config named like that hidden in some .pk3 file. The same works for etmain, but the .cfg will be loaded every time you start the game.

I allready have autoexec.cfg but is an older version of this one. So shpuld i delete it and rename this one to autoexec. ? And ty

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu May 04, 2017 20:44

Whatever settings you want currently use should be in autoexec.cfg. If it contains some settings conflicting the ones you intend to use you have to exec your config every time you start the game.

So yes, you should rename your old autoexec.cfg to something else (like old_autoexec_backup.cfg) and rename the newest config as autoexec.cfg.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu May 04, 2017 22:52

Ninjadeer wrote:Whatever settings you want currently use should be in autoexec.cfg. If it contains some settings conflicting the ones you intend to use you have to exec your config every time you start the game.

So yes, you should rename your old autoexec.cfg to something else (like old_autoexec_backup.cfg) and rename the newest config as autoexec.cfg.

Done, worked, thnx :)

Return to ET Help Desk