Another lagproblem..

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Server High Admin

Another lagproblem..

Postby pompidom_23 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 15:24

Hi guys,

you may have noticed I have some issues with lag-attacks. So like 5-10 times/map my screen freezes(ping 999) for x-time (mostly 1-5seconds but sometimes also 20seconds).
First i thought it was because of the overheating of my laptop, it gets hot like hell, turned out my ventilator wasn't working properly. So I let it fixed and replaced my ventilator. Now pc is running smooth and don't overheats anymore. After that the lag attacks still are there. Than I saw my computer had some updates waiting, so I did the updates and restarted my computer couple times.. But this wasn't the problem too..

So anybody can help me?

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Spam Noob

Re: Another lagproblem..

Postby AgentHani » Fri Jan 20, 2017 15:47

You mean FPS Drops? Ever tried r_primitives 2 ?
Also dont forget to run as admin

"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 18:14

Nahhh. I think i know about what lag Pompi is talking, iv got same. But hard to call it lag. Its like everything is freezed for 10-30secconds. Its like sometimes server crushing and you waiting for disconection, but after some time it apears that its not server crush. And if that wouldnt be all you notice that other ppl didnt had same problem as you coz after that lag next view mostly is ur spawn...

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 18:31

Troyan wrote:Nahhh. I think i know about what lag Pompi is talking, iv got same. But hard to call it lag. Its like everything is freezed for 10-30secconds. Its like sometimes server crushing and you waiting for disconection, but after some time it apears that its not server crush. And if that wouldnt be all you notice that other ppl didnt had same problem as you coz after that lag next view mostly is ur spawn...

Exactly.

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Spam Noob

Postby OliVier2013 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 19:32

Maybe try to use an ETLegacy client if it is not already the case

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 21:31

I tried Legacy once, and it had weird issues.
I was able to move forward only for few seconds after respawn, on sides few sec more, and after 20 sec i could only shot. There was some more weird issues but dont remember all :loller: I was trying fix Legacy for few hours so was quick story with this :lol:

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03

If it would be a FPS problem that could be fixed with r_primitives the lag would be more constant and even.

Have you had similiar lags on any other games/programs on your PC?
It might be good idea to enable the lag-o-meter and probably sun the game windowed so you can run performance monitor (cpu/ram/hdd activity mostly) on background easily check it during these lags.
If either of these two show some weird actions during or right after the lag you might be able to trace the problem or at least to see whether it is your internet connection or something odd going on on your computer.
Image thx for diamond :D

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Tue Feb 14, 2017 21:50

I'm having similiar problems at the moment. Sometimes I can play without any problems at all, but now and again I get 300/999 ping that just doesn't go away.

I checked my normal ping and it was 35 to the PS#1 and 5 in a speedtest. Even quick-connector claims my ping is supposed to be 35, but not while on server.

This is really recent problem. Have you done something odd on the server lately?

PS Founder

Postby landser » Tue Feb 14, 2017 22:56

we had some problems with a wolfadmin update ... but ninja removed it and all seems fine now.

if you enter: /pb_sleep 500

does that help anybody?

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Tue Feb 14, 2017 23:21

WoW, I had 999 ping today like 3 times, everything seemed to be frozen. I thought it was jut my shit internet, but now I see I'm not the only one 8O

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:34

landser wrote:we had some problems with a wolfadmin update ... but ninja removed it and all seems fine now.
If it was WA the lags would be equally for everyone and mainly when people connect, but as the database is currently disabled even this shouldn't be a problem.

After that there hasn't been any updates to the game server which could cause lags for players. If I had to make a guess it is some highly loaded server between you and PS#1 which can't be really helped :? .

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Feb 15, 2017 20:44

Pb_sleep didn't seem to help.
Also I find it weird that if it really is some overloaded server between me and PS1, then why ping on commandline or on quick-connector says my ping is 35, not 300.

edit: actually nevermind, now the quick-connector claims my ping is 800.
Really weird tho.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 22:18

How often does it happen? I guess our ping should be pretty much the same, but I haven't noticed anything odd in lag-o-meter. :?

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Feb 15, 2017 22:40

It has started rather recently, and happends pretty often.
Also, I did a tracert and found the culprits to be some german servers the connection runs through.

Here's an image about it.

Return to ET Help Desk