Couple of questions

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Official Member

Couple of questions

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:04

Hey guys, I play this game for 12 years but I'm a big nub in some things.

1. I had in my last config a 180° turn binded. Idk if it is allowed on your server (?) but I'm kinda used to it last 2 years of playing. 2 weeks ago I bought new pc, I did had some saved stuff of et but not this cfg. Does anyone know the code for that bind? I know most of cmds to set up new cfg but I don't remember this one lol.

2. Is this /cl_allowdownload 1 a leggit cmd? I remember using it few years back to avoid searching maps on forums, but tonight I had quite a struggle joining the server. Couldn't start downloading even with that cmd, and some maps I didn't find in your download section, where I was re-directed from connecting the server.

3. Idk if you guys use TS but I did long time ago, and now I tryed several times to use it but no luck (mic no detected). I tryed all, re-install, tryed several headsets, and nothing. Always that shit test fails. It always show that I'm offline so really idk what is wrong. If I had no problem using it years ago.... Is there maybe some settings on my hardware or what..

4. I have an really old cfg wich I use atm untill i set my own to the last detail. Some things I like in this cfg and some I'm still using. It's an really old private cfg from an old friend (well known guy of Lost Legion) and I was asked not to share it in public, so I hope you can help me just like this. The thing is that mouse sens. is set to 2.60, and it.can't be changed. Well, you can change it lower it but when I get killed, and respawn, it auto go back to 2.60 . It's really freakin annoing, but even that I got used to it little by little I want to know how I can set it on my own, how can I put random and change it when I like and how I want. If someone can help me with that I could send him the cfg in inbox, but only like that and not to share it in public.

5. Srry that I didn't put separate topics, but I think it's better like this than to spam (and I was well known for that xD ).

So anyway thnx in advance for the help. Cheers

Server Owner

Re: Couple of questions

Postby Ninjadeer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:48

Bo0m wrote:1. I had in my last config a 180° turn binded. Idk if it is allowed on your server (?)
I'm pretty sure this used to be prohibited in "No Cheating or Hacking" category of our rulebook, and is nowadays included in the mention of "etc." under that category. Therefore I rather wouldn't share the script for that on our forums as it is not allowed. (Unless some even older fart with better memory corrects my statement.)

Bo0m wrote:2. Is this /cl_allowdownload 1 a leggit cmd?
Yes it is. If you doubt whether something is a legit cmd or not, try writing few first characters of it in game console and pressing tabulator. The game should auto fill the rest or suggest all possible cvars starting with those characters. You can also check here for pretty good list of game commands.
"cl_allowDownload" toggles whether the game will download anything from server at all, but there is also "cl_wwwDownload" which toggles whether you can use the www download for faster download instead of direct download from server. Make sure that both of these are set to "1". If after that your browser is still opening and showing our download site while the game closes, please inform us with the map names the game was supposed to download. This way we can make sure that the map exist in our database. Some maps may have quite different filenames from their in game name and may be a bit harder to find manually.

Bo0m wrote:4. I have an really old cfg wich I use atm untill i set my own to the last detail.[...]
Make sure there is no line including word "sensitivity" in your cfg. I think configs shouldnt exec on respawn, but I really can't figure any other way for it to revert back to certain setting unless it is set in the cfg you mentioned. If you need further with cfg assistance feel free to PM me.

Bo0m wrote:5. Srry that I didn't put separate topics, but I think it's better like this than to spam (and I was well known for that xD ).
It indeed is a way better in one single topic. :wink:
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:16

Ninjadeer wrote:
Bo0m wrote:1. I had in my last config a 180° turn binded. Idk if it is allowed on your server (?)
I'm pretty sure this used to be prohibited in "No Cheating or Hacking" category of our rulebook, and is nowadays included in the mention of "etc." under that category. Therefore I rather wouldn't share the script for that on our forums as it is not allowed. (Unless some even older fart with better memory corrects my statement.)

Bo0m wrote:2. Is this /cl_allowdownload 1 a leggit cmd?
Yes it is. If you doubt whether something is a legit cmd or not, try writing few first characters of it in game console and pressing tabulator. The game should auto fill the rest or suggest all possible cvars starting with those characters. You can also check here for pretty good list of game commands.
"cl_allowDownload" toggles whether the game will download anything from server at all, but there is also "cl_wwwDownload" which toggles whether you can use the www download for faster download instead of direct download from server. Make sure that both of these are set to "1". If after that your browser is still opening and showing our download site while the game closes, please inform us with the map names the game was supposed to download. This way we can make sure that the map exist in our database. Some maps may have quite different filenames from their in game name and may be a bit harder to find manually.

Bo0m wrote:4. I have an really old cfg wich I use atm untill i set my own to the last detail.[...]
Make sure there is no line including word "sensitivity" in your cfg. I think configs shouldnt exec on respawn, but I really can't figure any other way for it to revert back to certain setting unless it is set in the cfg you mentioned. If you need further with cfg assistance feel free to PM me.

Bo0m wrote:5. Srry that I didn't put separate topics, but I think it's better like this than to spam (and I was well known for that xD ).
It indeed is a way better in one single topic. :wink:

Hmm well that was fast!

Ok so are you 100% sure that 180° script is prohibited? Don't take me wrong, it's not that I doubt in you it's just that I used it over a year on several servers, even asked leaders before started using it, and there was no negative comments on it. In fact, many of players used it without any negative comments/actions from leaders or admins. I was given an explanation why it's not a problem for using it a.k.a. why it doesn't go under 'cheat category' , but that was long time ago and tbh I would lie if I would try to repeat what has been said. But as I thought every server/community has its own rules, well better to post the question rather than unban request :party:

About cl_download 1 it usually always worked for me, and it did worked last night but yet after 2 maps were ended I guess and I couldn't find them in your download section. I will pay more attention today and let you know the name of those maps. It should be only problem with that, couse later the cmd worked fine, and I went to check the dwnload section and that map was inside, so.. It's cool.

About cfg believe me many ppl didn't knew the answer and couldn't help me out with it. If it's no problem will send you cfg file via pm later so you can check it out.

Thnx for help :)

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 13:50

Bo0m wrote:Ok so are you 100% sure that 180° script is prohibited?
Let's say 99.8%. Unfortunately I couldn't find any good references on our forum even though I'm pretty sure I've seen some. Could have been in our Member/Admin guide which has been lost during the transfer to the new forum template. But if you make a forum search over this subject you will mainly find discussions which state against the script, even though none of those are very new. So sure untill proven wrong. :wink:

Rulebook wrote:Cheats, hacks and scripts such as; aimbots, wallhacks, multihacks, namehacks, guidspoofers, anti-recoil scripts, etc. are NOT allowed at our servers, using them will result in a permanent ban!
Basically any scripts that can give a player an unfair advantage over others, either doing things that couldn't be done by the payer himself or in timescale that happens to be inhumane, are not allowed. I.e. no recoil scripts or 180 degree turn. I don't wonder if you have recieved different answers on this matter, as it is not too clearly stated in our rulebook and we've had multiple similar situations with slightly altering views in other cases as well, such as mines around spawn and the use of DJ in certain maps.
I wouldn't either wonder if there are others on our server using this particular script, even less if those people have participated the pro scene. Such scripts aren't easy to spot, but I hope that everyone would consider whether their script seems fair to the others or not.
Yet there are some scripts we do allow. Such as altering the field of view while shooting, as this is impossible to spot, or sprinting while shooting, even though it's giving some advantage a player could as well press the sprint himself.

Bo0m wrote:About cfg believe me many ppl didn't knew the answer and couldn't help me out with it.
I can't promise anything either. If there is nothing in the cfg you mentioned you might want to take a look at all the different "etconfig.cfg" or possible name/class script files in your etmain and nq folders and make sure none of those affect the setting.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Tue Dec 20, 2016 14:21

Ninjadeer wrote:
Let's say 99.8%. Unfortunately I couldn't find any good references on our forum even though I'm pretty sure I've seen some. Could have been in our Member/Admin guide which has been lost during the transfer to the new forum template. But if you make a forum search over this subject you will mainly find discussions which state against the script, even though none of those are very new. So sure untill proven wrong. :wink:

Rulebook wrote:Cheats, hacks and scripts such as; aimbots, wallhacks, multihacks, namehacks, guidspoofers, anti-recoil scripts, etc. are NOT allowed at our servers, using them will result in a permanent ban!
Basically any scripts that can give a player an unfair advantage over others, either doing things that couldn't be done by the payer himself or in timescale that happens to be inhumane, are not allowed. I.e. no recoil scripts or 180 degree turn. I don't wonder if you have recieved different answers on this matter, as it is not too clearly stated in our rulebook and we've had multiple similar situations with slightly altering views in other cases as well, such as mines around spawn and the use of DJ in certain maps.
I wouldn't either wonder if there are others on our server using this particular script, even less if those people have participated the pro scene. Such scripts aren't easy to spot, but I hope that everyone would consider whether their script seems fair to the others or not.
Yet there are some scripts we do allow. Such as altering the field of view while shooting, as this is impossible to spot, or sprinting while shooting, even though it's giving some advantage a player could as well press the sprint himself.

Bo0m wrote:About cfg believe me many ppl didn't knew the answer and couldn't help me out with it.
I can't promise anything either. If there is nothing in the cfg you mentioned you might want to take a look at all the different "etconfig.cfg" or possible name/class script files in your etmain and nq folders and make sure none of those affect the setting.

Uh - oh, ok no 180 turn script than. :oops:

I'm sending you cfg now in inbox.

Thnx again.

P.S. can someone still help me out with TS issue?

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 20:07

Ninjadeer wrote:
Let's say 99.8%. Unfortunately I couldn't find any good references on our forum even though I'm pretty sure I've seen some.

Yes. I didnt notice topic where we debate to allow it so its still forbiden. And im sure its forbiden coz in past few dudes was baned for useing nasty scripts. Smad was good in detecting sniper scripts for example :P

Ninjadeer wrote:Basically any scripts that can give a player an unfair advantage over others, either doing things that couldn't be done by the payer himself or in timescale that happens to be inhumane, are not allowed. I.e. no recoil scripts or 180 degree turn. I don't wonder if you have recieved different answers on this matter, as it is not too clearly stated in our rulebook and we've had multiple similar situations with slightly altering views in other cases as well, such as mines around spawn and the use of DJ in certain maps.

Yes, exactly this. Be fair to others. I know scripts not giving you same as aimbot or aimkey, but it working kinda similar. It gives you unnaturally skillboost, so what is point of that... :?:

I must admit we are not enforce this rule nowadays. Its also becouse its hard to detect... but catch=ban (like in rulebook :read: ) I saw some 180° script in few players on our server, so when some1 catch them+recorde = ban. Same with other scripts. If you not sure, recorde and post on forum. We gonna check and judge :twisted:

We can always open topic about that scripts and debate, no problem about that. But for now nasty scripts are forbiden.

:beer:

Official Member

Postby Yoschi » Wed Dec 21, 2016 20:28

Troyan wrote:
I must admit we are not enforce this rule nowadays. Its also becouse its hard to detect... but catch=ban (like in rulebook :read: ) I saw some 180° script in few players on our server, so when some1 catch them+recorde = ban. Same with other scripts. If you not sure, recorde and post on forum. We gonna check and judge :twisted:

You never saw when i used it :-)

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Wed Dec 21, 2016 20:35

Hahaha :rofl:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 20:44

Yoschi wrote:
Troyan wrote:

You never saw when i used it :-)

i did 8)

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Wed Dec 21, 2016 21:18

Troyan wrote:
Ninjadeer wrote:
Let's say 99.8%. Unfortunately I couldn't find any good references on our forum even though I'm pretty sure I've seen some.

Yes. I didnt notice topic where we debate to allow it so its still forbiden. And im sure its forbiden coz in past few dudes was baned for useing nasty scripts. Smad was good in detecting sniper scripts for example :P

Ninjadeer wrote:Basically any scripts that can give a player an unfair advantage over others, either doing things that couldn't be done by the payer himself or in timescale that happens to be inhumane, are not allowed. I.e. no recoil scripts or 180 degree turn. I don't wonder if you have recieved different answers on this matter, as it is not too clearly stated in our rulebook and we've had multiple similar situations with slightly altering views in other cases as well, such as mines around spawn and the use of DJ in certain maps.

Yes, exactly this. Be fair to others. I know scripts not giving you same as aimbot or aimkey, but it working kinda similar. It gives you unnaturally skillboost, so what is point of that... :?:

We can always open topic about that scripts and debate, no problem about that. But for now nasty scripts are forbiden.

:beer:

Sry I wouldn't even noticed your reply if it wasnt for Yoschi and his comment hahaha. Ok ok, I get it. But I'm surprised by this couse I see in many other servers ppl using 180° script. Even I did. And again I asked one leader about it, got some "pro gamer-coding"answer that I couldn't even understood hahaha but to be short it was allowed couse it's not a cheat or forbidden, yet sniper scripts with recoil stuff are,and you will get banned for it. So I didn't quite understood the policy one script is allowed -the other one isn't. And nowadays you can see on every server at least 1-2 guys using 180 turn. And nobody say anything :D So yeah, it confused me and I had to ask..

Return to ET Help Desk