new computer makes POV behind?

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Server High Admin

new computer makes POV behind?

Postby Dr Zoidberg » Wed Dec 23, 2015 22:08

Hi all,

I've recently bought a new laptop. And it seemed, that with the new computer, that far away objects, were even further away on the new laptop. Both laptops have the same screen size (17''3) and both are using the same resolution while playing ET (the 1280*1080 i believe it was). I'm also having the same cg_fov of 90 in the image below.

http://i66.tinypic.com/j9n0vm.jpg

I must confess the differences are less when measured, compared to my perceived difference. Here I have gone to the exact same spot. I Backuped up to a beam and the roof, as to be absolutely sure im on the exact same spot. I'm pointing my cross-hair to the tip of the mg-gun (the red circle).

I've measured the angles and they differe a few degrees. Instead of 140 on the old... i get 135 on the new and vice versa. But what I think depicts the difference best is the length to the sand-bags. Instead of 11,5 cm, it's now 12,5 cm. Its like the POV is a bit behind.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?
//Dr Zoidberg

Official Member

Re: new computer makes POV behind?

Postby empy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 22:38

Your picture is unclear.

But, what you can do is this:
  • On your OLD PC, connect to PS1
  • Once you are at spec, open the console and type:
    Code: Select all
    /writeconfig zoid.cfg
  • The above command will write your configurations into a file at the following path:
    C:\Program Files\Enemy Territory\nq\zoid.cfg
  • Copy zoid.cfg to your new computer's path: C:\Program Files\Enemy Territory\nq\
  • Start et on the new PC and connect to PS1
  • Open console and type
    /exec zoid.cfg
  • Restart ET (of your new pc)

Alternatively, you can delete your system32 :rofl: :loller:

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Dec 23, 2015 23:39

I would recommend to raise your cg_fov anyhow. By having 90 your view is quite limited, I recommend you to raise it to 120.

Also check on resolution, use the lines below and enter your values. Change this in either console or preferably in the config you are using.
seta r_customaspect "1"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1280"
seta r_customheight "1024"
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:40

Smadje wrote:Also check on resolution, use the lines below and enter your values. Change this in either console or preferably in the config you are using.
seta r_customaspect "1"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1280"
seta r_customheight "1024"
If you do these on console it may require vid_restart to take effect. You might also set the values to your native resolution instead of 1280*1024 as your screen probably isn't 4:3 but 16:9. Using cg_fov 90 on such widescreen most likely distorts the view while cg_fov 115 (at least punkbuster has some upper limit so I wouldn't go to extreme values) or so might make it look more natural.

Anyways new screen may always look a bit different, you will most likely get used to it really soon. :)
Image thx for diamond :D

Return to ET Help Desk