Low FPS Problems

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Official Member

Low FPS Problems

Postby empy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 16:31

Hi,

I've recently began to experience low FPS when playing ET. Before, like 2 weeks ago, i had a stable 125 fps. Now I've only got 60. (I have GTX560 ti graphics card)

I have com_fps set to 125 and I've did vid_restart numerous times, yet the problem is still there. Even when I load low res cfg, my max fps would still be 60 (ffffuuuu)

And the problem occurs not only on NQ but on also other mods like Silentmod...etc

Any suggestions?

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 16:52

uninstall ET :)
check your PC (viruses, malwares, startup programs taking much CPU or GPU)
check for updates GPU
uninsatll ET:) seriously and than install fresh ET :D (ofc i wont to you back so don't install it:D)
EmpTy NaB:D
\/

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Jan 20, 2013 17:21

If your computer has a processor with multiple cores I would recommend to run it on one off them. Don't know if it works, but give it a try :)
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Talented Spammer

Re: Low FPS Problems

Postby Luki27 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47

empy wrote:Hi,

I've recently began to experience low FPS when playing ET. Before, like 2 weeks ago, i had a stable 125 fps. Now I've only got 60. (I have GTX560 ti graphics card)

I have com_fps set to 125 and I've did vid_restart numerous times, yet the problem is still there. Even when I load low res cfg, my max fps would still be 60 (ffffuuuu)

And the problem occurs not only on NQ but on also other mods like Silentmod...etc

Any suggestions?

i got same problem i started play with 125fps now i have 20 to 90 fps max Its rly sux i tried all reinstall et one core and all shit and nothing still same fps i think its can be something wrong with PLYTA GLOWNA but idk how is in english :P

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Mon Jan 21, 2013 14:57

Luki27 wrote:

Any suggestions?

i got same problem i started play with 125fps now i have 20 to 90 fps max Its rly sux i tried all reinstall et one core and all shit and nothing still same fps i think its can be something wrong with PLYTA GLOWNA but idk how is in english :P

Motherboard or Mainboard Use dictionary luki :D
btw motherboard ? and low fps hmm strange but possible if BIOS is setted wrong
but also if procesor, co-procesor(chipset) or GPU get too much temperature your PC can drop fps check temp sensors in BIOS and if yours fans working
OW and last it's only ET or other games too?

Official Member

Postby Yoschi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 17:06

also had this prob sometimes with my old pc.

there was a bug on xfire.
Xfire needed 99% of my pc resurces all time so in et i got minimum fps.

maybe have a look at taskmanager if something is wrong.

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 0:07

Any suggestions?

60 FPS is low? LOL...
I used to play sometimes with fps around 20 :D

Anyway, try Game Booster, try perhaps that would work for ya
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server High Admin

Postby carebear » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:16

Et fps are mainly cpu related not gpu, run the game and check via taskmanager all processes who run in the backround

Official Member

Postby Yoschi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 19:04

St-Shadow wrote:

60 FPS is low? LOL...
I used to play sometimes with fps around 20 :D

Anyway, try Game Booster, try perhaps that would work for ya

i can play with constant 500. but its usless :P

200 are enought

Official Member

Postby empy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 22:58

I did try to reinstall et, no luck though :/

There are no cpu hogging applications, even if there were I have an 8 core cpu so np :P I am able to play modern games such as Serious Sam 3 and TF2 without any problems. The only problem is with et.

Any other suggestions?

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:02

does ur fps drop only on PS 1 or on any ET server?
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:41

There are firewalls, virus scanners, etc, which don't like ET so much. anti malwarebytes f.e. check what they are doing :).

Official Member

Postby empy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 20:00

icefrost wrote:does ur fps drop only on PS 1 or on any ET server?

Any server

Also I'm sure there are no malware :/

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 21:02

maybe is just your imagination and U have 125 fps :D
or U lie :D

Official Member

Postby empy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 19:03

Problem solved: I've installed an older nvidia driver.

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 20:15

pfff nab :D

Spam Noob

Postby r2bit » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42

Sorry for the late reply but.. it was probably limited by your vsync. Next time search for vsync settings in your driver software and/or ET.

wabbit

Spam Kid

Postby Fight4Fun » Tue Feb 19, 2013 22:37

I put vsync off and got much better gameplay now =) Had bad fps all these years xD.

Here you can find some information about vsync.

EDIT:

I also defrag my hard drive with a good freeware program, Defraggler
Be aware, the process can take 12 hours so left it running for the night. ^^
(Assume you sleep at nights xP)
Cheers

Fighty

Spam Noob

Postby inf3rno » Thu Dec 31, 2015 22:10

Any suggestions?

Hi!

I have the same problem. With my current config (Xeon E5430, GTX 750 Ti, 8GB DDR 1600 CL9, SSD) I should have 1000 FPS, but it is dropping from 125 to 60-80 or on big maps and when ppl are shooting on me. Setting the texture quality r_primitives, r_picmip, etc... does not help. The ping is stable 50, but I feel some kind of strange lag, which pulls back into panzer shots, rifle nades, etc... It's like people are already shooting on me before they appear on my screen and I got hit even after I moved into cover. By watching others, they hit moving targets by shooting 1m behind them, so it is understandable that I cannot hit a hitbox which is no near to the enemy. I still can do some nice stats (40-50 frags and 40% acc), since I have high skill in this game, but its nothing compared to my old form (80-120 frags and 55% acc) on low skilled public servers like hirntot or fp demolition. The same problem exists on both Linux Fedora 23 x64 and Windows 7 x64. With Geforce GT 240 and Geforce GTX 750 Ti I have the very same FPS, so the video card is not limiting. This is really annoying, but maybe it is better not to waste my time on games... :S Any idea how to fix this? Is it possible to run ET on multiple cores if the CPU is limiting? (which I doubt)

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:09

do in in console /r_primitives 2

Spam Noob

Postby inf3rno » Fri Feb 26, 2016 15:16

Bumble wrote:do in in console /r_primitives 2

Already did.

What is interesting that on Fedora it is much more stable, I got almost constant 125 FPS, while on Windows it is dropping sometimes even to 60 and I have some screen tearing, because vsync is turned off. I set the monitor display rate in the config to 60, but it does not seem to work properly. I would use the native Linux version, but sadly it has input problems. I have English keyboard layout instead of Hungarian for some reason. It does not handle properly multiple key presses sometimes, so w+a+shift+3 does not change to submachinegun, because it drops the last key press, which is usually key 3. I die because of that very often, I try to change weapon while moving, but I can't. :S It does not handle mouse buttons properly as well, so bind mouse2 does not bind anything to the right button of the mouse. It is almost unplayable because of these issues. I will try out with Ubuntu, maybe it works better with that.

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 19:44

I recommend ET:Legacy. You can get one from here: https://www.etlegacy.com/

Return to ET Help Desk